Windows 10: Help with Task manager not working at all. Crashes after opening

Discus and support Help with Task manager not working at all. Crashes after opening in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, so i started a similar thread a half-year-ish ago, however gave up on the problem after finding no solution. I'm here today to remedy that. I will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Mike Christian, May 22, 2024.

1. Help with Task manager not working at all. Crashes after opening

Hi, so i started a similar thread a half-year-ish ago, however gave up on the problem after finding no solution. I'm here today to remedy that. I will add a link to the original thread as well as copy in the messages here. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_11-wintop_update/task-manager-not-working-never-gets-past-system/aafc8578-6d03-4538-80a1-38cc25ffab5a?rtAction=1705692055341After disabling all third party services just as described below, the task manager still will not respond. Its pertinent to note that the first time I attempted this process was successful. Howev

:)

Mike Christian, May 22, 2024

2. Microsoft Edge / DUI70.DLL causes Task Manager to crash.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Open the latest Microsoft Edge.
    2. Open Task Manager with "performance" (or any other than "processes") as default tab.
    3. Wait a few seconds.
    4. Switch to "processes" tab.
    After switched to "processes" tab, there's a small change Task Manager will crash (0xC0000005, faulting module: DUI70.DLL).

So I decided to use WinDbg and caught the crash into a MiniDump:

MiniDump: OneDrive

Hope you guys will fix bugs of Task Manager, it's very buggy. I encountered more crashes like 0xc0000409 NTDLL.DLL.

Redstone RedGreenBlue123, May 22, 2024
  3. liam415 Win User
    Task manager crash

Task manager is still crashing when applied the above steps and explorer crashes as it takes a while to close and its stuck on a white window and i cant open start till it goes.

"reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer" /v "DesktopProcess" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f
    reg add "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced" /v "SeparateProcess" /t REG_DWORD /d 1 /f"

liam415, May 22, 2024
  4. Help with Task manager not working at all. Crashes after opening

Windows crashing after clicking PERFORMANCE tab under Task Manager

It doesn't work to me when choosing NVIDIA Graphic in the last step, so, I have to select integrated graphic in the last step and It works to me !!

Johnny_Wang, May 22, 2024
Thema:

Help with Task manager not working at all. Crashes after opening

1. Help with Task manager not working at all. Crashes after opening - Similar Threads - Help Task manager

2. Help with Task manager not working at all. Crashes after opening

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Task manager not working at all. Crashes after opening: Hi, so i started a similar thread a half-year-ish ago, however gave up on the problem after finding no solution. I'm here today to remedy that. I will add a link to the original thread as well as copy in the messages here....
  3. Windows crashing after opening Task Manager and scrolling down the opened applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows crashing after opening Task Manager and scrolling down the opened applications: I do not know after what event this has started happening. After opening the task manager and start scrolling down the opened applications, MS Windows 11 shuts down with a stop code of "attempted write to read-only memory" and failed win32kfull.sysI have checked the memories...
  4. Windows crashing after opening Task Manager and scrolling down the opened applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows crashing after opening Task Manager and scrolling down the opened applications: I do not know after what event this has started happening. After opening the task manager and start scrolling down the opened applications, MS Windows 11 shuts down with a stop code of "attempted write to read-only memory" and failed win32kfull.sysI have checked the memories...
  5. Task Manager crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task Manager crashes: On my new Windows 11 Dell XPS8960, Task Manager Crashes. Launching the Task Manager both from a Cntl-shift-Escape key and from Window CommandFLAG + X ->Task Manager, Task Manager Displays for a second and then leaves the screen.. Third attempt to capture a screen shot, of the...
  6. Task Manager crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Task Manager crashes: On my new Windows 11 Dell XPS8960, Task Manager Crashes. Launching the Task Manager both from a Cntl-shift-Escape key and from Window CommandFLAG + X ->Task Manager, Task Manager Displays for a second and then leaves the screen.. Third attempt to capture a screen shot, of the...
  7. task manager crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task manager crashing: i had my entire pc freeze very quickly then task manager stopped working now every time i tried to open it now my task manager dosnt work when i open it and its icon is invisible...
  8. Task Manager Not Opening After Update.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager Not Opening After Update.: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview Edition. Over the weekend it updated to Windows 10 Insider Preview 21313.1000 (rs_prerelease). When I next used Windows, Task Manager would open then close immediately. I did a virus scan and nothing was found. After rolling...
  9. Task Manager Crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager Crashing: Its an error with my Windows 10. When my Ram is not in use my Task Manager opens as regular. But when my Ram is in use or in other words, I am playing games, and I open task manager it Crashes. Every time I force open it, it crashes with much less delay then before and at one...
  10. Task manager crash

in Windows 10 Support
    Task manager crash: Hi, I've tried to re-install windows several times prior to creating this thread, but i always encounter the same issue of Task Manager crashing and causing windows explorer to crash and it's annoying it usually does it for 30 minutes after the computer starts up then it...