Windows 10: Help with task manager

Discus and support Help with task manager in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi! I've been noticing in my task manager that there are a lot of program running, many of which are dupliates or even more (ex. 7 Runtime Brokers, 3... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sorrygoat, Jan 22, 2020.

1. Help with task manager

Hi! I've been noticing in my task manager that there are a lot of program running, many of which are dupliates or even more (ex. 7 Runtime Brokers, 3 Nvidia Share, 5 Nvidia Container and countless service hosts for windows). Does anyone know why this might happen, or what is essential to running my PC? Much less, are all of these, especially the service hosts necessary? It seems cluttered and like there is too much going on at once. Any help is appreciated Help with task manager :)

submitted by /u/sorrygoat
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sorrygoat, Jan 22, 2020
  2. dotmarty Win User

Windows 10 - cannot add exec to Startup in Task Manager

I purchased a new computer with Windows 10 already installed. I am trying to add an exec to the startup list but Win10 will not accept it. The exec runs successfully on my Windows 10 machine if I start it manually.

Steps I've taken: Task Manager, Startup Tab, File>Run New Task. (browse to location, select.) It will start immediately, but does not show up on the list to autostart, nor does it start on reboot.

Any suggestions?

dotmarty, Jan 22, 2020
  3. icons are missing when the task manager is turned off

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

I do appreciate your efforts and time, and will assist you with the issue.

• How are you trying to turn off Task Manger?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile, I suggest you to reset Windows explorer and check if it helps.

Please follow the steps:

• Right click on the task Bar and select Task Manager.

• Select Processes tab.

• Choose windows explorer and right click on it.

• Select end task

• Click on file menu and select run new task.

• Type explorer.exe

• Click on ok.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jan 22, 2020
  4. infrared Win User

Help with task manager

task manager???

Double click the edge of the task manager *Wink Help with task manager ;)

infrared, Jan 22, 2020
Thema:

Help with task manager

1. Help with task manager - Similar Threads - Help task manager

2. Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager: I just noticed in my task manager that there are a number of Microsoft Edge entries. Is there a way to eliminate these entries? Thanks for any help with this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/ff55b5ee-1f6e-4f70-8f0f-c74adcd13018
  3. Task Manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager: Hello!I don't know what type of problem this is.When I go to task manager, my CPU is 100%, then after 2-3 seconds it goes back to my actual CPU which is 2-5%.Sometimes, my CPU goes at a random number and then resets back to my usual CPU.Is this normal?Thanks....
  4. Task manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Task manager: So my minecraft has been acting up so i attempted to close it with task manager but the window was not displayed on task manager, so essentially i have a ghost tab, does anyone know how to help!...
  5. Task Manager Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Task Manager Help: While the task manager starts up it flashes a 100% CPU warning (notice how it's not red) and then snaps back to my regular under 10% usage. I've only started to notice this happening and it makes me wonder if there's something wrong with task manager or my CPU. (Startup image...
  6. Task Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Manager: [ATTACH] What are these things? Are they harmful? if so how can I delete them? I think they are slowing my computer TIA : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/c4e09041-2202-4b7d-b04f-789f4fe2a424
  7. task manager

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task manager: when i open task manager. the heading firefox, lists five copies are running. there is only one that should be running. how do i remove the other four https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-manager/ac15ee37-c4a3-428f-97b5-784a3b7f8951
  8. task manager

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task manager: when i try to open task manager it comes up with an error of "c:\WINDOWS\system32\DUI70.dll is either not designed to run on windows or it contains an error" i get the same message when i try and factory reset, delete a bluetooth device, and other stuff like that. also, i...
  9. Plz help with task manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Plz help with task manager: in the image, there are 2 strange apps keep running. It must be a virus, I can't shut it down by "end task"[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/plz-help-with-task-manager/a687f94d-6b58-4ef8-bc08-fe42beef8cf6
  10. task manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    task manager: task manager will not log out of apps says operation can't be completed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/task-manager/438f0773-4953-428b-a99d-10dcbc38d79d