Windows 10: Help with taskbar color and accents

Discus and support Help with taskbar color and accents in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, all. In the past, it was possible to have a taskbar of a color (black/gray and perhaps white and I forgot) and then the accent colors would not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mavck, Jan 24, 2021.

1. /u/mavck Win User

Help with taskbar color and accents

Hi, all.

In the past, it was possible to have a taskbar of a color (black/gray and perhaps white and I forgot) and then the accent colors would not change the color of the taskbar itself, but only of the accents (The apps pinned,etc).

I can't seem to do this in the latest version.

Am I missing something or is there a registry trick to do this like I used to?

Help is greatly appreciated.

submitted by /u/mavck
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mavck, Jan 24, 2021
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Color change in taskbar

Hello pranayvarma,

Just to verify, have you tried changing the color of your taskbar via settings? If so, try it out and check if the color would remain inconsistent. Here are the steps:

1. Launch the Settings app.
    2. Select Personalization.
    3. Click the Colors tab.
    4. Uncheck the Automatically pick an accent color from my background.
    5. Set Transparency effects to Off.
    6. Under Show accent color on the following surfaces, put a check on
      Start, taskbar, and action center.
    7. Pick a color that you want.
    8. Restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome.

Mark Isi, Jan 24, 2021
  3. accent color

The accent color (primarily the red shades) are missing in window 10 and do not know why. Any suggestion how to get the original window 10 accent colors back? Thank you.

MartyHariri, Jan 24, 2021
  4. Help with taskbar color and accents

How do I change taskbar/folder title bar text colors? in Windows 10

Hello,

• Do you want to change the taskbar's color or the taskbar's text color?

If you want to change the taskbar's color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color.
    • Turn "Automatically pick an accent color from my background" Off and select the color which you wish to have.
    • Turn "Show color on Start, taskbar, action center, and title bar" On.

If you want to change the taskbar's text color, follow the steps below:

• Go to Settings and select Personalization.
    • Select Color and click on High contrast settings.
    • Now select the color of your wish and Apply.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further queries, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Jan 24, 2021
Thema:

Help with taskbar color and accents

1. Help with taskbar color and accents - Similar Threads - Help taskbar color

2. Accent color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Accent color: I opened the start menu tonight and almost the entire thing was full of yellow boxes. This is the first time this happened and I want it to go away. After some research I found out that it was called Accent./ I changed it to grey for now but I want it to match my start menu...
  3. Taskbar accent colors (Opera icon)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Taskbar accent colors (Opera icon): [ATTACH] Hello guys! I saw some questions about accent colors here, and I hope that's ok to post this question in this sub. https://preview.redd.it/7chzzpsbdwd61.png?width=121&format=png&auto=webp&s=57f14c3a7577e9f3dbac503ed980944564a81c09 I noticed that Opera taskbar...
  4. Can't change taskbar and accent colors

Can't change taskbar and accent colors: Hi my name is John, I worked as a software developer for 30 years, programming IBM Mainframes as well as PC's. I am currently retired, my question regarding Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit Settings is why in Windows 10 Pro 64-BitVersion 20H2Installed on‎12/‎4/‎2020OS...
  5. Set Taskbar Accent Color very different

Set Taskbar Accent Color very different: How to make the chosen/selected task red when all other tasks are blue. I have a poor vision so I can not distinguish different shades or lighter/darker or similar colors. Changing colors in settings is not a problem. But they are different shades of the same colors....
  6. Accent Color

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Accent Color: [ATTACH] Hello guys, actually I'm using UXtheme patcher to apply theme for my windows.. but the problem is, when I change the accent color, the background color of text at titlebar also changed. Can anyone suggest some solutions? Thank you...
  7. Accent Color

Accent Color: I just changed my keyboard and mouse and NOW everything is HOT PINK. The color chart on my colors does NOT have the right color that matches the description of what actual color it is - attaching a screen shot. I do NOT want HOT PINK! And the sky on my themes changed from...
  8. Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out

Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out: Good afternoon can someone help please when I click Show accent color on the Taskbar….. taskbar grayed out Someone must know how? I have tried everything at least 6 times and nothing works > I can't Change my Taskbar Color?' It's dead - grayed out show accent color …… the...
  9. Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out

in Windows 10 Support
    Show accent color …… the taskbar button is greyed out: Good afternoon can someone help please when I click Show accent color on the Taskbar….. taskbar grayed out Someone must know how? I have tried everything at least 6 times and nothing works > I can't Change my Taskbar Color?' It's dead - grayed out show accent color …… the...
  10. setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar

setting,colors taskbars - show accent color on toolbar: I have a case# 1469569042 regarding taskbar colors, in setting colors, start task bar [ATTACH] This is grayed out and I cannot change colors [Moved from: Windows Insider Program ]...