Windows 10: Help with Taskbar Setting in the latest update

Discus and support Help with Taskbar Setting in the latest update in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, I just updated to the latest version and now my taskbar is showing the name of the open app instead of just the icon. For example, I get the name... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Juampi2707, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Help with Taskbar Setting in the latest update

So, I just updated to the latest version and now my taskbar is showing the name of the open app instead of just the icon. For example, I get the name of the channel I'm on in Discord, or the page I'm on in my browser. Could someone help me fix this? I tried contacting support, but the guy was useless. Also, this does not happen on my second monitor.

It's the Windows 10, version 2004

Monitor 1 Monitor 2

submitted by /u/Juampi2707
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Juampi2707, Oct 25, 2020

2. Latest Windows 10 update - problems

Hello,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

From the description I understand that, after installing the latest update you lost the access to the taskbar.

In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed.
    In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• In search type Taskbar and select
      customize the taskbar.
    • Now check if auto-hide task bar is tick marked.
    • If yes, uncheck the check box, click on Apply
      and OK.
    Once you get your taskbar back, follow the below steps to pin applications to taskbar.

• Go to the applications which you want to pin to taskbar.
    • Right click on it and select pin to taskbar.

Example: Right click on Chrome from desktop icon and select pin to taskbar.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Oct 25, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Taskbar - to restore to default settings

Hi,

To change the settings for the icons on your taskbar, follow the steps below:

• Right click on your taskbar.
    • Select on Settings.
    • On the pop-up window, look for the Combine taskbar buttons option.
    • Click on the drop-down arrow and choose Always, hide labels.
    • Once done, you can now close the settings window.

These steps should help you with your issue.

Get back to us if you need further assistance.

John Fer, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Help with Taskbar Setting in the latest update

Taskbar Issue with Multiple Monitors

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We understand the inconvenience caused and will assist you.

Please share the information below:

• Are you using a Local Account or a Microsoft Account?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Right click on the Taskbar and select Properties.
    • Check if the option for Lock the Taskbar and Auto-hide the taskbar
      are ticked.
    • If they are ticked then uncheck the option for Auto-hide the taskbar.

Also, suggest you to update the Display driver by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

Help with Taskbar Setting in the latest update

1. Help with Taskbar Setting in the latest update - Similar Threads - Help Taskbar Setting

2. Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update: Yesterday, Windows Update wanted to update my computer and I allowed it to update and restart but it killed my taskbar. The taskbar was there but there were no start, search, or other icons displayed. I could basically not access anything except from desktop icons. I used...
  3. Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar Does Not Work after latest update: Yesterday, Windows Update wanted to update my computer and I allowed it to update and restart but it killed my taskbar. The taskbar was there but there were no start, search, or other icons displayed. I could basically not access anything except from desktop icons. I used...
  4. My taskbar disappeared in the latest update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My taskbar disappeared in the latest update: After keeping the update overnight, my taskbar and start menu both have disappeared.On the left it shows: Windows 11 Home Single Language Evaluation copy. Build 22581 .ni_release.220318-1523. The screen also disappears for a moment every 5-10 seconds. Please help....
  5. My taskbar disappeared in the latest update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My taskbar disappeared in the latest update: After keeping the update overnight, my taskbar and start menu both have disappeared.On the left it shows: Windows 11 Home Single Language Evaluation copy. Build 22581 .ni_release.220318-1523. The screen also disappears for a moment every 5-10 seconds. Please help....
  6. The latest update disabled the volume control on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    The latest update disabled the volume control on the taskbar: After doing the November 2020 update, I cannot right or left click on the volume control on the taskbar to change the volume. I use this constantly so this is a bummer. I have to go to settings to change the volume currently which is quite inconvenient. Anyone having the...
  7. Audio Issue - latest Update help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio Issue - latest Update help: So I installed the latest update 2 days ago and now my 5.1 surround sound isnt working anymore. I have everything up to date but it seems realtek or windows hastn updated that. I can only use stereo for some reason anyone here with a fix maybe? (speakers fill wont work)...
  8. After latest update, default monitor setting does not move the taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    After latest update, default monitor setting does not move the taskbar: Just checking to see if anyone else has this issue. 4 monitor setup here at work. After yesterday's update, my default monitor no longer has the 'default' Taskbar (the one with the search bar, and the app/notification area). This taskbar is staying on screen number 2 - even...
  9. latest windows update issue Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    latest windows update issue Help: Hi I have been badly let down by Microsoft tech support whom have left my issue unresolved since friday because they either do not return the call of just hang up, it is appalling, when it did and automatic update it made it that my comp lost all wifi connectivity, they...
  10. Help required after latest Update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help required after latest Update: Hi! I have a Buffalo external drive with 2 partitions attached to my PC. Since the latest Windows 10 update, this drive does not automatically appear in File Explorer when powered up although it is shown in devices as a USB-SATA Bridge. When I go into Computer Management...