Windows 10: Help with The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect...

Discus and support Help with The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have been getting this error and I was wondering if there is a way to fix it : The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by UMM607, Feb 7, 2020.

1. UMM607 Win User

Help with The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect...

I have been getting this error and I was wondering if there is a way to fix it :

The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the "C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll" Extensible Counter DLL for the "LSM" service. The given buffer size was 31688 and the required size was 47024.

my event viewer log: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ApSp7bb4xGCelxoFgwZKFQFcp_MZ?e=M3xXci

Help with The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect... 4913a36f-c404-4dfb-8ab8-d33ae027c780?upload=true.png Help with The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect... 84bd1d06-5cf5-4ecd-9d1c-b96c2fe1a88c?upload=true.png

:)

UMM607, Feb 7, 2020
  2. leventp Win User

No Mention Of Buffer Size On HDD

The value Everest showing is coming from its internal database. It is not an actual value detected from the drive. If you scroll up at the same screen, you may see Everest is not able to detect the buffer size.

On the other hand, I learned that ATA protocol limits the query of buffer sizes of 32MB and up. So that is why there are no problem with 16MB drives but with 32MB drives, buffer is not detected.

leventp, Feb 7, 2020
  3. No Mention Of Buffer Size On HDD

Open up Everest....click on "Menu"....scroll down to "Storage"...then click on "ATA".......highlight your drive......scroll down to the bottom....and see your buffer size....HD Tune wouldn't show me the buffer size either...Everest shows it....It's just that peeps usually give up looking because they don't know where to look in the 1st place....No offense Intended.

Hope it helps. *Smile Help with The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect... :)

{JNT}Raptor, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Help with The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect...

Event 1020 windows 10

The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to collect function of the C:\windows\system32\perfts.dll extensible counterDLL for the LSM service. Is this a serious eroor happens on startup every day and I have no idea how to repair it.

AlanReidmd, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Help with The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect...

1. Help with The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect... - Similar Threads - Help required buffer

2. How can I change my UMA buffer size?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How can I change my UMA buffer size?: .I have a dell latitude 5580 with 16gb ram, an intel core i7 7th gen, a intel hd 660. I have tried bios menu but I don't see an advanced menu where everyone is changing the UMA. If I need to update my bios can you tell me if my data is going to be wiped and the risks of...
  3. How can I change my UMA buffer size?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I change my UMA buffer size?: .I have a dell latitude 5580 with 16gb ram, an intel core i7 7th gen, a intel hd 660. I have tried bios menu but I don't see an advanced menu where everyone is changing the UMA. If I need to update my bios can you tell me if my data is going to be wiped and the risks of...
  4. How can I change my UMA buffer size?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Command Prompt Window Buffer Size won't change

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Command Prompt Window Buffer Size won't change: Every time I open my Command Prompt and look at the Layout Tab in Properties, it will always have the Screen Buffer Size height equal to 30, even if I previously set it to something else. In the Defaults window I set it to 9999 but it doesn't seem to do anything. I have even...
  6. Cortana is Buffering and Buffering

in Cortana
    Cortana is Buffering and Buffering: When I try to sign in Cortana is just Buffering and nothing is happening can any one help me , please [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-is-buffering-and-buffering/2a2c4c48-39a4-443b-93a0-608523ba7b45
  7. event 1020 perflib buffer size wrong

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    event 1020 perflib buffer size wrong: Log Name: Application Source: Microsoft-Windows-Perflib Date: 5/14/2020 11:28:03 AM Event ID: 1020 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: User: SYSTEM Computer: DESKTOP-REUJF98 Description: The required buffer size is...
  8. Creating partition size greater than 32GB in FAT32.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating partition size greater than 32GB in FAT32.: As we all know maximum partition size in Windows is 32GB if fat32. This is oddly a Windows limit, not a fat32 limit There are various 3rd party tools that will format large drives as fat32. Today, I needed to format a 64GB drive as fat32 as I needed it to be bootable,...
  9. Windows Folder Size greater than Size on Disk

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows Folder Size greater than Size on Disk: My 32GB Windows 10 Home PC (recently upgraded from 8.1) is low on disk space. I deleted Windows.old and I have hibernation disabled. Apart from a few browsers, very little else is installed, yet I only have 11.7GB left? One reason may be the size of the Windows folder:...
  10. Change Command Prompt Screen Buffer Size in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Command Prompt Screen Buffer Size in Windows: How to: Change Screen Buffer Size of Console Window in Windows How to Change Screen Buffer Size of Console Window in Windows A console (or "terminal) is an application that provides I/O to character-mode applications. For example: Linux The screen buffer size of a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. The required buffer size is greater than the buffer

2. windows 0 Event 1020 source perflib required buffer

3. the required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the collect function of

4. the required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the collect function,
  5. The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll Extensible Counter DLL for the LSM service. The given buffer size was 9176 and the required size was 35984.,
  6. The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll Extensible Counter DLL for the LSM service,
  7. The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll,
  8. the required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the collect function of the c:\windows\system32\perfts.dll extensible counter dll for the lsm service. the given buffer size was 22560 and the required size was 25680.,
  9. The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll Extensible Counter DLL for the LSM service. The given buffer size was 24632 and the required size was 35984.,
  10. The required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the Collect function of the C:\Windows\System32\perfts.dll Extensible Counter DLL for the LSM service. The given buffer size was 7928 and the required size was 28808.,
  11. the required buffer size is greater than the buffer size passed to the collect function of the c:\windows\system32\perfts.dll extensible counter dll for the lsm service. the given buffer size was 15176 and the required size was 39480.