Windows 10: Help with this error: "this application cannot run within a virtual machine"

Discus and support Help with this error: "this application cannot run within a virtual machine" in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I was trying to play some games on my PC and I run a software which I have used many times before now and it worked just as intended but suddenly today... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Andre_890, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Andre_890 Win User

Help with this error: "this application cannot run within a virtual machine"

I was trying to play some games on my PC and I run a software which I have used many times before now and it worked just as intended but suddenly today 12/07/2020 when I try to run the software it sends me an error message. Help with this error: "this application cannot run within a virtual machine" dfd972d2-0d3c-4f47-a656-e1949b0ad2f5?upload=true.png

Now yes it is a .dll file and I trust the source of the file.

What have I tried:

I have tried system restore and it didn't work.

And I went and did some research on the error and found some fix about hyper-v but for me when I try to do it, that option is not selected, it is already unchecked.

Additional Info..

I don't know why i am getting this error because I wasn't even using a virtual machine.

:)

Andre_890, Jul 12, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

BSOD when launching Virtual Machine

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. I understand how difficult it could be when the computer doesn’t work as it is supposed to, we will look into this for you. Please reply with the following details to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting
    steps:

• Which application are you using to create Virtual Machine?
    • Does the issue occur only when launching a Virtual Machine?
    • Have you reinstalled Windows on the computer?
    • What is the make and model of the computer?

I have analyzed the dump files shared by you. Since the issue occurs when you launch Virtual Machine, I suggest you to try disabling the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and check if that helps. Please follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Look for the VMWare USB Arbitration Service and double click on it to open
      Properties.
    4. Select Disabled from the drop down for
      Startup and Stop the service.
    5. Click on Apply and OK.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10.

Hello J. Villanueva,

Thank you for visiting Microsoft Community and providing us with the detailed description about the issue.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with running a Virtual Machine under Windows 10 in the system and getting error message: “Virtual PC 2007 SP1 does not work on this version of Windows”.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Run virtual machines on Windows 8.1 with Client Hyper-V

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/hyper-v-run-virtual-machines

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

For more information:

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided by
    “Andre Da Costa” replied on January 22, 2015 in the following Microsoft Community link.

Frequently Asked Questions: Windows 10

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...ndows-10/5c0b9368-a9e8-4238-b1e4-45f4b7ed2fb9

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant Gupta, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Help with this error: "this application cannot run within a virtual machine"

Cannot turn off Hyper V, cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMWare machines

Since the latest update:

Edition: Windows 10 Pro

Verion: 1607

OS Build: 14393.222

I can no longer turn off Hyper V and thus cannot run Virtual Box machines or VMware machines.

When I attempt to turn off Hyper V and restart Windows as requested, Windows simply re-enables Hyper V.

Then when I try to run a Virtual Box machine, I get an error like this:

Failed to open a session for the virtual machine Centos 70.

VT-x is not available (VERR_VMX_NO_VMX).

Result Code:

Component:
    ConsoleWrap

Interface:
    IConsole {872da645-4a9b-1727-bee2-5585105b9eed}

When I try to start a VMware machine, I get this:

VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware Player.

But as I have noted, I am not able to turn off Hyper-V since the Anniversary Update.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Joseph Heaphey, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Help with this error: "this application cannot run within a virtual machine"

1. Help with this error: "this application cannot run within a virtual machine" - Similar Threads - Help error application

2. HELP! application cannot run under a virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HELP! application cannot run under a virtual machine: Hi everyone. Got a brand new gaming PC, installed my first game, and this message popped up when I try to run the game"Sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine."I searched online for tutorials on how to resolve the issue, tried many things and none of them...
  3. HELP! application cannot run under a virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HELP! application cannot run under a virtual machine: Hi everyone. Got a brand new gaming PC, installed my first game, and this message popped up when I try to run the game"Sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine."I searched online for tutorials on how to resolve the issue, tried many things and none of them...
  4. application cannot run under virtual machine Windows 11

application cannot run under virtual machine Windows 11: Не получается установить программу сервисной диагностики авто, пробовал предлагаемые способы https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorry-this-application-cannot-run-under-a-virtual/c4bc45a8-bf9f-4587-851d-803e912e0cb3 , не работают. Hyper-V отключен в функциях...
  5. Sorry this application cannot run a virtual machine window 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sorry this application cannot run a virtual machine window 10: Sorry this application cannot run a virtual machine . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sorry-this-application-cannot-run-a-virtual/8864cb04-6a88-4c94-a068-6790b314cefc
  6. sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine: Hi everyone,I saw that many people have the problem with "sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine" and also I have a problem too. I tried everything that I can find on youtube and google. but the problem still occurred. Who has the best solution can fix the...
  7. sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine

sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine: Hi everyone,I saw that many people have the problem with "sorry, this application cannot run under a virtual machine" and also I have a problem too. I tried everything that I can find on youtube and google. but the problem still occurred. Who has the best solution can fix the...
  8. Error" This application cannot be run in a virtual machine - Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error" This application cannot be run in a virtual machine - Windows 10: Hi everyone,I have a surface laptop that comes with Windows 10. I have tried to run a game but I have failed due to the error: This application cannot be run in a virtual machine. But actually I am not running or using any virtual machines to operate Windows 10.I have already...
  9. Error" This application cannot be run in a virtual machine - Windows 10

Error" This application cannot be run in a virtual machine - Windows 10: Hi everyone,I have a surface laptop that comes with Windows 10. I have tried to run a game but I have failed due to the error: This application cannot be run in a virtual machine. But actually I am not running or using any virtual machines to operate Windows 10.I have already...
  10. Error" This application cannot be run in a virtual machine - Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging