Windows 10: Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

Discus and support Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; On a Windows 10 desktop today there was this error message... “The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Neil23, Sep 3, 2019.

1. Neil23 Win User

Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

On a Windows 10 desktop today there was this error message...

“The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application“

Any suggestion as to what the problem is and how to rectify the problem?

:)

Neil23, Sep 3, 2019
  2. Sk1818 Win User

Buffer Overrun Detected

I updated my computer from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Before I did I did a backup of files.

Now when I go to restore the files I get the following error:

Buffer Overrun Detected!

Program: ....ckward\TouchSmart\Media\Kernel\CLML\CLMLSvc.exe

A buffer overrun has been detected which has corrupted this program's internal state. The program cannot safely continue execution and must now be terminated.

What is wrong? What do I do? I really need files of my backup which is on a Seagate backup drive.

Thanks.

Sk1818, Sep 3, 2019
  3. Getting the Driver Overrun Stack Buffer BSOD Error while installing Display driver in windows 10

Hi Ashok,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

BSOD Error DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER indicates that a driver has overrun a stack-based buffer.

This is the classic "buffer overrun" hacking attack. The system has been brought down to prevent a malicious user from gaining complete control of it.

I suggest you to disconnect all the external devices apart from keyboard and mouse if connected to the laptop and perform check disk.

Check Disk is a utility in Windows that verifies the file system integrity of a volume and fixes logical file system errors.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2854570

Note: The troubleshooting steps for Windows 10 are same as Windows 8/8.1.

Also, I suggest you to refer the below link and check if this helps.

Bug Check 0xF7 DRIVER_OVERRAN_STACK_BUFFER - Windows drivers

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

ThofikhAhamad, Sep 3, 2019
  4. Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

SIHOST buffer overrun error

I am encountering the following popup error message when I try to restart my system in Safe Mode:

Sihost.exe – System error – The system detected an overrun of a stack based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of the application.

This happens as I press the '4' option from the Restart Menu options screen.

There is a 'Close' button on the message popup screen which does not work - the message is simply regenerated.

After a few tries at closing the message the system does go into Safe Mode.

Apart from this, I have experienced no problems running in normal mode, but my Antivirus software (ESET NOD32) is unable to run properly. I am concerned that there may be a compromise somewhere in the system.

I have run SFC without any issues - Also DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth and Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool. All report no problems.

Can you advise next steps?

Beevreeter, Sep 3, 2019
Thema:

Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...'

1. Help with this? 'The system detected an overrun of a stack-based...' - Similar Threads - Help 'The system

2. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application.: Hello, i recently got this problem while opening steam games. The first error is TextInputHost.exe-System error, the second is SearchHost.exe-System error and i think i got a third one once but can't remember what it said. I have tried sfc and dism but didn't work. Also i...
  3. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  4. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...: It says that when i tried to open open network and internet settings. does anyone know a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-system-detected-an-overrun-of-a-stack-based/49da1d7d-763a-4202-a669-8ed39b13d933
  5. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application, This overrun...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. LogilonUI.exe: The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    LogilonUI.exe: The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: About 3 months ago my Lenovo Windows 10 laptop booted to a blank screen with flashing mouse with loading wheel.I first solved the problem by doing a system restore, but the problem repeatedly returned when Windows updated.I then tried to boot in Safe Mode, but immediately got...
  7. System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Detected Stack-Based Buffer Overrun: Hi guys, having some trouble here. I cannot find a solution, I've tried everything I can think of to no avail. One of the games I play seems to have become corrupted and caused a crash. Now it won't launch at all. That is not the main problem. The PC refuses to uninstall...
  8. HELP! The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer, This overrun could...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HELP! The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer, This overrun could...: PLEASE help. I’m very paranoid submitted by /u/iiwatermelonboy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hmd5yf/help_the_system_detected_an_overrun_of_a/
  9. ShellExperienceHost.exe - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...

ShellExperienceHost.exe - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...: I booted up my PC and this error appeared. Virus scan on Windows defender, no threats found. This has never happened to me before, and it happened about a week after installing Razer Cortex. Could someone explain if this is a threat and how I can fix it? Edit: Closed the...
  10. The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...

The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun...: PROCESS_NAME: BlackDesert64. ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000409 - The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application. I recently bluescreened and this was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. dllhost overrun of a stackbased buffer

2. logonui the system detected an overrun

3. dllhost.exe the system detected an overrun stack-based buffer

4. windows 10 event id 26 stack overrun dllhost.exe,
  5. windows error message the system detected an overrun of a stack-based dllhost.exe,
  6. overun of stacked based buffer,
  7. what is stacked based buffer overrun in dllhost.exe,
  8. explorer the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application,
  9. overrun of a stack-based buffer,
  10. the system detected an overrun stack buffer,
  11. overrun stack based buffer runescape,
  12. Application popup: ShellExperienceHost.exe - System Error : The system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this application. This overrun could potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this application eventid 26,
  13. how to protect overrun stack buffer