Windows 10: Help With TV Connection Name

Discus and support Help With TV Connection Name in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Anyone know what kind of connection this is (sorry for the poor quality). It says its a LAN connection but a standard CAT 5 cable won't fit, i'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JDobbsy1987, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Help With TV Connection Name

Anyone know what kind of connection this is (sorry for the poor quality).

It says its a LAN connection but a standard CAT 5 cable won't fit, i'm guessing you need an adapter or something but what kind *Smile

It's a Samsung UE40C8000XK

Help With TV Connection Name [​IMG]

Cheers,
    Jamie

:)

JDobbsy1987, Feb 24, 2015
  2. hali2402 Win User

Connecting Samsung Smart TV with Microsoft Surface Pro

Hi,

I am using mi Microsoft Surface Pro to connect to my Samsung Smart TV.

I changes source to Screen Mirroring on my Smart TV and clicked on connect on my Surface after which it displays my TV name.

When I click on the TV name, it shows connecting on both my TV and my Surface Pro but after some time it says "Couldn't Connect"

I use my TV to connect with my mobile phone with same option but its not working for Surface Pro.

How can I solve this issue ?

hali2402, Feb 24, 2015
  3. Unable to connect to Smart TV from my Lumia 830 mobileHi,

Hi,

I am unable to connect to my smart LG TV from my Lumia 830 photos. I use to try with the option "connect to wireless display" from my mobile and WI-FI DIRECT from the TV. My mobile device shows in the TV screen and TV name shows in my mobile device but when
    I try to connect both always it is a failure. In mobile i can see the message that TV is not responding. Please help me out whether I can connect to my LG TV from Lumia 830 as I am able connect to same TV from another Android mobile.

**Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.**

sathish6891, Feb 24, 2015
  4. Help With TV Connection Name

After having searched for ages then coming here, i just refined my search slightly and come across this...

SAMSUNG OPTICAL LAN BN39-01154L

So i'm guessing that's what that connection is

JDobbsy1987, Feb 24, 2015
  5. usasma Win User
    usasma, Feb 24, 2015
  6. badrobot Win User
    yeah, it's a samsung proprietary LAN adapter.

badrobot, Feb 24, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    On page 4 of that same manual, it says that the LAN adapter should be included with the TV.

Help With TV Connection Name [​IMG]

Brink, Feb 24, 2015
  8. jimbo45 Win User

Help With TV Connection Name

Hi there

Thanks for the info --remind me NOT to get a Samsung TV -- what's wrong with a STANDARD LAN connector -- my Panasonic has one AND internal WIFI. Why on earth is Sansung using that type of adapter and not a standard LAN socket.

I think companies should be BARRED from making all these stupid type of connectors --unless there's a reason for it -- and as current LAN can work at speeds of far faster than any ISP is capable of delivering there's 100% no need to change the standard yet.!

What on earth was Samsung doing. I've no objection to the Mini-HDMI connector as per Surface 3 pro - simply because the device is smaller and needs a smaller space --but a decently sized TV having problems with standard LAN !!!!!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 25, 2015
  9. Cheers for all the replies.

@jimbo45 i think this connection was required due to how thin the TV is (in fairness to Samsung, the cable does come supplied).

The main reason for looking it up was because a friend has inherited this TV and hasn't got that adapter so needed to find out what he needed really.

Regards,
    Jamie

JDobbsy1987, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help With TV Connection Name

1. Help With TV Connection Name - Similar Threads - Help Connection Name

2. Connecting the laptop to a TV

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting the laptop to a TV: I have a problem when I connect my laptop with a Samsung display... When I connect to HDMI, the message "No Signal" appears, and when the display is set to "Extension", the image appears on the screen without problems when playing the video, it works fine.. But when playing...
  3. Films & TV name change

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Films & TV name change: Hello, community members. I am writing this thread to ask if it is possible to change Films & TV over to Movies & TV? I would prefer to be on the new name without creating a new Microsoft account. I have heard that people who have Microsoft accounts that are older than...
  4. PLEASE HELP: Tv cuts connection to desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLEASE HELP: Tv cuts connection to desktop: I revently updated NVIDIA drivers dont worry i posed there too just in case and everything seemed fine after the reboot UNTIL I entered my password. After the screen splash for the login accepted my credentials. The screen goes black and i get my tv saying “no input detected”...
  5. Problem Connecting to TV

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Connecting to TV: I am trying to connect wirelessly from my laptop to my t.v. In troubleshooting, I have come across the following message - "Windows could not automatically detect this network's proxy settings." When I try to set up my proxy, doing it automatically does not work. When I...
  6. help to connect my laptop to HDMI tv

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    help to connect my laptop to HDMI tv: want to know how to do this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-to-connect-my-laptop-to-hdmi-tv/f301234a-47b0-410e-8db7-b232fbd30d18
  7. connecting to a tv

connecting to a tv: how can I connect my Dell all in 1 computer to my tv, the computer has only USB ports no HDMI so I bought an adapter cable to go from USB to HDMI and the tv still says "no signal"...
  8. Connecting pc to tv

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Connecting pc to tv: Hello. I'm trying to use my tv as a monitor for my pc using HDMI but when I go to 'customize display' there is only one choice - "1". Another display isn't detected. I have HDMI 1 selected on my tv & the lead plugged in to HDMI 1. I'm using a Dell Optiplex 745 desktop...
  9. Help connecting computer speakers to flat screen TV

Help connecting computer speakers to flat screen TV: Hi, so I recently bought a Samsung flat screen TV to replace my old computer monitor as I mostly use my old desktop for watching movies. The problem is that I can't connect my computer speakers to my new *monitor* since it has no 3.5mm headphone jack. It does however have a...
  10. Connecting to external (TV)

Connecting to external (TV): Prior to W10 I could connect with no issues. No my surface pro 2 gets all weird when I connect: display icons and font gets tiny and starts to heat up. Weird *Sad Any help would be appreciated Thnx 11124