Windows 10: Help with USB BOOT WINDOWS 10

Discus and support Help with USB BOOT WINDOWS 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello everyone, today i found an old disk, and tried to make it start, then i noticed that it was windows xp and a blue screen, however, the important... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/donpyro69, Jun 30, 2020.

1. Help with USB BOOT WINDOWS 10

Hello everyone, today i found an old disk, and tried to make it start, then i noticed that it was windows xp and a blue screen, however, the important thing is that i tried downloading windows 10 to my pendrive to boot it from there and then to install windows and clean that old disk, but, when I boot it I see the windows 10 logo and it suddenly changes into a black screen with a "-" like the cmd console, but I can't do nothing, any help?

submitted by /u/donpyro69
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/donpyro69, Jun 30, 2020

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jun 30, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 30, 2020
  4. Agility Win User

Help with USB BOOT WINDOWS 10

Multi-bootable USB

Hey guys from TPU, couldn't find any specific thread pertaining to the question asked on title. As mentioned, I'm trying to create a bootable USB, but with many specifics boots available.

I've been trying to create one with multiple boot device including one that enables me to run Windows 10 directly on the USB Thumb Drive but to no avail.

The list of bootable images i'm trying to create are

1. Windows 10 (A full OS running from thumb drive)
    2. Windows 10 ISO (Bootable disk image for fresh install)
    3. MemTest86+

Have tried YUMI or UUI from the website USB PenDrive Linux but as this is my first time, i don't know how am i screwing up or am doing it right.. Anyone got a rough idea on a step by step guide? Thanks!

Agility, Jun 30, 2020
Thema:

Help with USB BOOT WINDOWS 10

1. Help with USB BOOT WINDOWS 10 - Similar Threads - Help USB BOOT

2. USB not showing in boot menu. Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB not showing in boot menu. Help!: I want to install Windows 10 on a Samsung NP270E5G laptop (pretty old) with a brand new Kingston SSD inside (bye bye slow HDDs). I tried everything: formatting my USB in FAT32, NTFS, using a USB to micro SD adapter and doing the same, changing every possible setting i...
  3. Need help booting via USB

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need help booting via USB: Can anyone help me? I was stuck in an Automatic Repair Booting loop in Windows 10. So I tried using a Windows 10 usb to boot. It did boot but it did not fix my problem. I tried command prompt but nothing happened, I always returned to Automatic Startup. If its any information...
  4. Windows 10 USB boot

Windows 10 USB boot: Hi there I haven’t been bothered to add the specs of my PC as didn’t think they were necessary but if you think it would help I’ll add them in. The issue is that whenever I boot into my Windows 10 USB to install windows on my SSD it boots to the USB but will show the old...
  5. Windows 10 USB drive booting to this.. help?

Windows 10 USB drive booting to this.. help?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/bluefragment [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hl657f/windows_10_usb_drive_booting_to_this_help/
  6. help with booting windows 10 media tool from USB

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    help with booting windows 10 media tool from USB: so i've downloaded the win 10 media tool onto my USB and set it as the boot option in the bios. but once it boot up it says that i need to insert a media device and click OK. once i click OK though it tells me that no device drivers were found. i have tried putting the stick...
  7. Windows 10 Boot USB

Windows 10 Boot USB: I tried getting windows 10 on a new pc i built snd itbwent to a black screen then i restarted after a hour of nothing happening and now i get this error “windows/system32/ntoskrnl.exe” i only have the usb that came with the 32/64 bit bundle....
  8. Usb boot for windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Usb boot for windows 10: How can I make a bootable USB for windows 10 from a computor at a public library, I can not gain access to my computor because it is stuck in the windows welcome screen that keeps going in circles. I have a CD with windows 10 pro on it , but inserting it doesn’t work. I did...
  9. Windows 10 USB boot

Windows 10 USB boot: I'm trying to create a Windows 10 bootable USB, but get an error. I've tried it twice, on two different Windows 10 computers. I'm using a 16GB USB, formatted to FAT32. Using the Media creation Tool, it downloads, then the next step I get this error. [ATTACH] Here's the...
  10. Creating USB Boot media Help.

Creating USB Boot media Help.: Hi guys, I've been trying to create USB boot device for W10 but the program closes without warning a little while after it reaches the analysis stage (after 100% download) I've tried 3 times now and can't figure out why its not working. 10188