Windows 10: HELP!..... with Vaio brightness dimness issue after Win 10 upgrade

Discus and support HELP!..... with Vaio brightness dimness issue after Win 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! Can anyone help? There seems to be a massive problem of dim screens after upgrading to Win 10 on many machines including Sony Vaios. Mine is a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by harlenSN, Apr 17, 2021.

1. harlenSN Win User

HELP!..... with Vaio brightness dimness issue after Win 10 upgrade

Hello! Can anyone help?

There seems to be a massive problem of dim screens after upgrading to Win 10 on many machines including Sony Vaios.

Mine is a VPCEE3E0E

Other threads here recommend going to this registy key and changingFeatureTestControl to hexadecimal value of "fb20"

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/ControlSet001/Control/Class/ 4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318 /0000

However, although my machine has this registry key, but there is no FeatureTestControl at this location & a Registry search for it comes up empty.

This seems to work for a lot of people but they generally seem to have intel graphics.

Mine are AMD ATI 4200 HD series portable.

I've wrestled with every driver suggestion to no avail. Can anyone suggest anything other than reverting to Win 7 which had excellent brightness

Many Thanks

:)

harlenSN, Apr 17, 2021

2. Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop

Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop: everything I have tried does not allow me to dim the over-bright screen using the win 10 customization tools? Most suggestion offer tweaks that might not be reversed?

edwardfinigan, Apr 17, 2021
  3. marsstars Win User
    Brightness function keys not working after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10 and noticed that my brightness function keys are not working properly; brightness is at the highest setting and does not dim when I click on function keys. I currently am using a VAIO VPCYB35KX Model. I've attempted
    most of the suggestions regarding this issue, however, I have had no success.

I appreciate your advice and welcome all suggestions.

Thank You!

marsstars, Apr 17, 2021
  4. HELP!..... with Vaio brightness dimness issue after Win 10 upgrade

Unable to dim brightness in Dell Studio 1749 laptop

Hi Edward,

We appreciate you for being a part of Windows 10.

Before proceeding, we need more information to help you better.

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?

• What are the steps you have tried to dim the brightness?
    As you are not able to adjust the brightness, I suggest you to update the display adapter drivers in the Windows 10 and check if it helps.
    Refer to the following article to update all the drivers available in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update drivers in
    Windows 10

I hope the above information helps. Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with the issue. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Apr 17, 2021
Thema:

HELP!..... with Vaio brightness dimness issue after Win 10 upgrade

1. HELP!..... with Vaio brightness dimness issue after Win 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - HELP Vaio brightness

2. Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10: Recently i installed windows 10 on my Sony Vaio SVE14A35CVH, and i have some trouble with the brightness. Fn keys for brightness won't work, they do work with the volume but not brightness. even if i change the setting from control panel to automatic nothing changes happens....
  3. Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10: Recently i installed windows 10 on my Sony Vaio SVE14A35CVH, and i have some trouble with the brightness. Fn keys for brightness won't work, they do work with the volume but not brightness. even if i change the setting from control panel to automatic nothing changes happens....
  4. Brightness Sony Vaio Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Can't Change Brightness After Upgrading To Win 10

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Can't Change Brightness After Upgrading To Win 10: I have upgraded a Lenovo G575 from Win 7 to Win 10. Everything appears to work fine except that I can't adjust the brightness. Now its stuck on minimum brightness which was the setting before the upgrade. When I use the function keys I can see the Win 10 brightness icon going...
  6. Dim Brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dim Brightness: hello, please i need help with how i can restore my brightness to a higher resolution since my brightness just went automatically dim and no amount of adjustment seems to restore it back. thank you...
  7. Brightness dims on game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Brightness dims on game: So ive come to this issue where Destiny 2 dims brightness on launch. I have tried to fox brightness but its so dim. I put brightness up on computer settings no change. I put brightness to max on game and still very dim. it doesnt seem to be a game issue has it works fine on...
  8. Tip on "can't disable adaptive brightness in Win 10 on Sony VAIO"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tip on "can't disable adaptive brightness in Win 10 on Sony VAIO": I have been searching for an answer to this for some time. None of the registry or power or display setting changes made a difference. I went back into my Sony VAIO manual and it said the light sensor controlled the backlit keyboard and it said that could be changed by going...
  9. brightness changing issue after upgrading to win 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    brightness changing issue after upgrading to win 10: Hi guys. Recently i upgrade my laptop to windows 10, and also update my graphic drivers, but now the battery icon in notification area is not visible and i can't change the brightness of my screen too. it seems that the graphic driver installed correctly. Please help me to...
  10. Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs issues after upgrading win 8 to win 10: I have had this Asus laptop for over a year (i3 4gb ram intel hd 4000 video card). With windows 8 64bit, I was able to run minecraft filling 1/2 the screen and firefox filling the other half with no issues. I would generally stream hulu or youtube while playing minecraft....