Windows 10: Help with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Discus and support Help with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; So I've been getting these Windows Security notifications that tell me that I have this malware called "VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore", but... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by sebastian_display_name, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Help with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

So I've been getting these Windows Security notifications that tell me that I have this malware called "VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore", but every time I remove it, it always comes back. I've read a different thread about this, and there was a solution to open up cmd, run it as administrator, and type REG DELETE "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender" /v DisableAntiSpyware, but it always says "The system was unable to find the specified registry key or value". Can anyone help out? I'm on Windows 10, 64 bit if that helps.

:)

sebastian_display_name, Mar 11, 2021

2. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Hi there.

Anybody can help me with how to clean my computer from this virus:
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Usually, when I run MSERT.exe it says that this virus was eliminated. But I have some questions:

a) Is it a memory-resident malware?

b) Is it launched in my computer startup?

c) Or is it activated when I run some software. How can I know which software is launching it? I guess that MSERT must know.

d) Where it is located?

e) How can I delete it?

f) FINALLY.......IS IT DANGEROUS? (For example, Is my computer safe to use it with my credit card payments)

Regards

Hernán Covarrubias

Mobile: +569 9870 3539

Private mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Hernan Cova, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Hello I am an independent advisor for the Microsoft community. I did a quick search and found that this isn't actually a virus, it's actually Windows Defender notifying you about your settings. Here is the page with more info:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/ma...

Abraham Andres Luna, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Le Boule Win User

Help with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Le Boule, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Help with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

1. Help with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore - Similar Threads - Help VirTool Win32

2. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  3. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  4. VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi.I have a fully up-to-date HP PAVILION laptop with Windows 11 HOME.I check for updates every day with Windows Update.The PC is protected with Malwarebytes Premium updated in the malware definitions several times a day; I always keep the Windows Defender virus definitions up...
  5. VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D Issue please help remove.

VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D Issue please help remove.: Hello I have been getting this message every time I start up or restart my computer I see people getting help on this issue and would also really appreciate help as well....
  6. Virus virtool win32 exclude poc d

Virus virtool win32 exclude poc d: What is this ?????? It making my computer speed damn slow. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/virus-virtool-win32-exclude-poc-d/02324526-38af-4abc-941b-4fa0bd63ba69
  7. Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A

Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A: Hi, for the past few days I've been getting notifications about VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D and VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.A. I tried to remove them in windows defender but when I restart my laptop I get notification again. I tried using Malwarebytes and Avast but they are not...
  8. How can I Delete win32:Defendertamperingrestore?

How can I Delete win32:Defendertamperingrestore?: The Microsoft anti-virus detects it but can't remove it. I tried running every scan but that didn't work. I tried updating Windows but that didn't work either. I tried third-party anti virus but still didn't work. Sometimes my anti-virus detects it and sometimes it doesn't....
  9. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi there. Anybody can help me with how to clean my computer from this virus: Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore Usually, when I run MSERT.exe it says that this virus was eliminated. But I have some questions: a Is it a memory-resident malware? b Is it launched in my computer...
  10. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore caught by Windows Defender: Just saw this show up on our virus report on one system and one critical server. Microsoft info on it is non-existent and only 5 days old, however. Anyone else see this? Is it just a false positive from turning AV off temporarily at some point in the past? Thanks in advance!...