Windows 10: Help with Win 10 Home restore from USB giving error Error shown in this message text

Discus and support Help with Win 10 Home restore from USB giving error Error shown in this message text in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Intel Core i7-10750H 6 cores / 12 threads 2 x 16GB Module DDR4 SODIMM 2666Mhz C18 VENGEANCE 17" Full HD 1920 x 1080 screen VIDIA GeForce GTX1650... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Event2020, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Event2020 Win User

Help with Win 10 Home restore from USB giving error Error shown in this message text

Intel Core i7-10750H 6 cores / 12 threads

2 x 16GB Module DDR4 SODIMM 2666Mhz C18 VENGEANCE

17" Full HD 1920 x 1080 screen

VIDIA GeForce GTX1650 graphics card

Samsung 500GB NVMe OS drive

Samsung 970 EVO PLUS 1TB M.2 NVMe

Samsung 860 EVO 1TB 2.5” SATA 3D Nand SSD/Solid State Drive

I think the bare chassie comes from a company called Clevo

The product listing stated it came with Windows 10 Home Advanced preinstalled but I have found out from these forums that this version does not exist so I hope it is Windows 10 Home
    https://www.scan.co.uk/3xs/configurator/3xs-scan-performance-17-studio-laptop-no-firewire

Hi all

A few weeks ago I purcahsed a rather expensive custom built laptop from a systems builder here in the UK.

I was trying to install a program, Cubase Pro 11, which uses an eLicenser with drivers all legit and freshly purchased and the eLicenser drivers kept causing the install to freeze. I believe Bitdefender was causing this.

I contacted the Cubases tech support and we tried a few things and the upshot was to perform a restore of Windows using the restore USB supplied with the laptap. Then with a clean/fresh install of windows try to install Cubase 11.#

However the restore app gives an error and now the laptop will not boot at all. The company, Scan, are ignoring all of my emails asking for tech support so thats why I am here.

This is the process I am trying.

Boot to the laptops BIOS and select the restore USB as the boot device.

This appears to boot to a windows setup program so I make the launguage and keyboard layout selections and I am then given a choice of 11 different Windows 10 editions to choose from Windows 10 Home Advanced is not one of them, so I select Windows 10 Home.

I am then asked where I want to install Windows so I select Drive 2 as that is the only one show to be 451. GB my system drive is 500 GB and the the others are 1 TB.

So that it is a completely fresh install I delete all partitions on the system drive, then create new. This creates 3 partitions, System 95.0 MB, MSR Reserved 16.0 MB and Primary 465.0 GB. I then select Format on the Primary and when complete I click Next.

Windows then starts installing.

It then changes from the install screen to a "Getting ready" screen with the rotating circle of dots and then the Windows Setup error box pops up.

This is the exact text:

Windows could not parse or process the unattended answer file for pass specialize. The settings specified in the answer file cannot be applied. The error was detected while processing settings for component Microsoft-Windows-Shell-

On the error message box there are two options, a yes button or the little red button with a X in the top right corner.

If I click on the OK button the laptop reboots and brings up the error again.

If I click on the little red button with a X the laptop reboots and brings up the error again.

Can anyone suggest what I can do?

Many thanks.

:)

Event2020, Nov 27, 2020
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Nov 27, 2020
  3. enxo218 Win User
    usb keyboard giving bios errors at boot

bios ver 0402 x64
    2 usb 2 ports (i will name A and B for convinience of explanation) next to ps/2 port,this is where keyboard and mouse have always been plugged.
    error message appears after asus logo and reads "keyboard not detected"
    bios has not been updated no settings have ever been altered with exception of case fan controll and enabling ram xmp profile
    bios set to fast boot and legacy usb enabled
    desktop is used for gaming mainly and is used about 4 times a week and no faults of this nature have been experienced in the past

got the error message 2 days ago
    Case 1 : keyboard in A and mouse in B
    -four starts and error message is produced in 3 and windows boots normally on all starts with both devices usable at login screen and desktop environment
    -three starts to check devices in bios,can use keyboard to enter bios and both devices usable and recognised (1 keyboard,1 mouse usb config under advanced settings)in bios

Case 2 : keyboard in B mouse in A
    -four starts and results are similar to case 1 with exception that error message appeared on all starts

Case 3 : no device in either A or B
    -error message "no keyboard or mouse detected"

Case 4 : keyboard in A or B, mouse not connected
    -error message "no keyboard detected"
    -can enter bios and device usable in bios and windows environment
    -i couldnt navigate in bios to check listed devices as bios mainly uses the mouse

Case 5 : mouse in either A or B and keyboard in usb 3 port near lan port
    -no error message, both devices usable in windows login and dektop environment
    -keyboard can enter bios however if the pc is cold booted(psu turned off and on before pc power switch turned on) usb cannot be used inside bios,though if i continue to windows and reboot it is completely functional regardless of number of restarts

now i have no idea what to make of results in case 4 because that would mean the the keyboard was being identified as mouse
    also in case 1 keyboard did boot once with no errors so maybe the keyboard is malfunctioning but it cold start doing the same in usb 3 later or does it have a problem with usb 2
    i hoped i could get insight before i get a new keyboard or change bios settings or flash it
    its my first build, i dont want to break anything with haste (this stuff is expensive as ....!!!) and i only have a samsung np550pc to fallback on (i cant game on that once again)

enxo218, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Help with Win 10 Home restore from USB giving error Error shown in this message text

Error Message/ Blue Screen of death Help with Win 10 Home restore from USB giving error Error shown in this message text :(.....

I am running an AMD system, with an Asus K8N4-E Deluxe(754) Mobo ocasionally when Iam gaming or downloading Music, I get this bizzaire error message DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. what does this error message mean? Is this Error message caused by my hard-drive or Motherboard? Please help!

Pheonix_789, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Help with Win 10 Home restore from USB giving error Error shown in this message text

1. Help with Win 10 Home restore from USB giving error Error shown in this message text - Similar Threads - Help Home restore

2. Win 10 Update giving 0x80070643 error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 Update giving 0x80070643 error: Just trying to install OS updates and I'm getting this error 0x80070643. Restarted multiple times. Ran the Win Update troubleshooter. Made sure Background Intelligent Transfer services were running. And ran the SFC and DISM. But no luck. Any thoughts?...
  3. Win 10 Update giving 0x80070643 error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 Update giving 0x80070643 error: Just trying to install OS updates and I'm getting this error 0x80070643. Restarted multiple times. Ran the Win Update troubleshooter. Made sure Background Intelligent Transfer services were running. And ran the SFC and DISM. But no luck. Any thoughts?...
  4. Updating Win 10 giving error 0x80004002

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating Win 10 giving error 0x80004002: There were some problems installing updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x80004002 [ATTACH]...
  5. Resetting pin gives error message

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Resetting pin gives error message: I am basically locked out of my computer because I cannot reset my PIN. Any help would be appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resetting-pin-gives-error-message/ca378d03-c853-41f4-85b4-737a07e6c74d
  6. Printer giving me an error message

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer giving me an error message: I have a Brother HL-L2390DW laser printer. It was working fine but after a Windows 10 Update, it is not printing anymore. Everything shows as printer working and connected but no printing. Please advise asap....
  7. Camera Windows 10 giving error message

Camera Windows 10 giving error message: My camera was working and suddenly has stopped. I need it as I am a teacher. Webcams are all sold out. My laptop is less than 1 year old. I have done EVERYTHING suggested. I am really disappointed that there isn't anyone that can help me fix this. Please help!!...
  8. Installings gives me an error message

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Installings gives me an error message: Whenever I try to install an app I get the follow error message. It just apps. "Operation did not complete successfuly because the file contains a virus or potentially unwanted software" Would disabling windows defender fix this? I just use malwarebytes anyway. Don't like...
  9. Usb error message

Usb error message: [ATTACH] When no memory or usb is connected to the computer, but gives usb anonymity https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-error-message/5a4bd032-84e4-484e-9b60-056baf6cf437
  10. Win 10 upgrade error message

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 upgrade error message: Code 0x80070015 is the error message. What does it mean? I have "googled" but see no specific reference to Win 10 upgrade. 56181