Windows 10: Help with Win10 drivers & Screen res

Discus and support Help with Win10 drivers & Screen res in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hey all, Installed windows 10, looks great gotta say! Only thing is drivers ugh. Im on a old enough PC to be honest but its got 4GB RAM and P4 HT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Ricey83, Aug 7, 2015.

1. Ricey83 Win User

Help with Win10 drivers & Screen res

Hey all, Installed windows 10, looks great gotta say!

Only thing is drivers ugh. Im on a old enough PC to be honest but its got 4GB RAM and P4 HT 3GHz CPU. So It is running nicely.

I sen a post on windows 7 forums about speccy & publishing a snapshot of my PC
    because I need help with my drivers. My screen res is terrible, Im sure its a driver prob?

Here is the snapshot http://speccy.piriform.com/results/vWWzx4O15QAhMMnicabNoq5

*Thumbs

:)

Ricey83, Aug 7, 2015

2. latest win10 update re-enabled touch screen on dell xps 17 no way to disable it.

The latest update for win10 re-enabled the touch screen in my dell xps 17. The touch screen was pulling the cursor in to the bottom right of the screen repeatedly. The screen in the laptop originally came with the n-trig duosense driver. The screen is
    not win10 compatible. I had it disabled by disabling the touch screen in device mgr. Somehow the touchscreen was re-enabled with the last update. The driver was not put back in he device mgr. so I could not disable it again. I wound up having to roll back
    to the previous build of win10 to fix it. I know this is only a temporary fix. I need to know that to do the next time it happens.

congaman59, Aug 7, 2015
  3. windows 10 no touch screen no mouse

Actually there were no updates for the mouse drivers, but the existing driver was listed as WIN10 compatible. I re-installed WIN10 and everything is working fine.

thanks for your help

Mike

MikeWatsonON, Aug 7, 2015
  4. Ricey83 Win User

Okay all, I fixed my res problem. Im at the max res now and all seems fine *Biggrin

Still i am interested in updating all my other drivers, windows 10 been new and all im not sure were to look*Confused

Ricey83, Aug 7, 2015
  5. Snakeyes Win User
    Windows 10 will automatically update most drivers. The manufacturers of different hardware are in the process of updating their drivers and for the intermediate term you are better off letting Windows do all updates. Obviously if something is not working then using the manufacturer's site for latest drivers could help, assuming they have turned out new drivers beyond the ones they submitted to Microsoft for windows 10.

Snakeyes, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help with Win10 drivers & Screen res - Similar Threads - Help Win10 drivers

2. Streched res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Streched res: I want to switch to 1280x1024custom using intel graphics panel from 1920x1080 to help on running games i just want to make sure nothing gets damaged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streched-res/49f3f058-b0a6-4775-b7e7-375f0bc1ccbd
  3. Streched res

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Streched res: I want to switch to 1280x1024custom using intel graphics panel from 1920x1080 to help on running games i just want to make sure nothing gets damaged https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/streched-res/49f3f058-b0a6-4775-b7e7-375f0bc1ccbd
  4. Streched res

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Win10 updates, now can't go into hi-res display

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win10 updates, now can't go into hi-res display: My son's laptop was hooked up to a 4K 60hz display on HDMI 1. After an automatic update the laptop will only work with the monitor at a lower Hz on HDMI 2. For some reason, the computer isn't recognizing the monitor at 60hz on HDMI 1. If we hook anything else up to HDMI 1 on...
  6. Screen Res change

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Screen Res change: Hello. I am wondering if I am able to write a line of code that will change my screen resolution when I open Minecraft Windows 10 Edition. I have tried QRes but I couldn’t quite figure it out, any suggestions? submitted by /u/CoolKidSylas [link] [comments]...
  7. Borders/screen res issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Borders/screen res issue: Hi there, Today a game i loaded up froze on start and wouldn’t close, task manager also refused to open during this, i restarted my computer but as it was restarting i cancelled mid process. This created two black borders on my screen, one at each side and stretched the...
  8. Need Driver for new 1080 Res Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Need Driver for new 1080 Res Monitor: I have an old HP s5310f desktop and upgraded to Windows 10 from 7. My old Dell Monitor had a native res. of 1680 x 1050, that res. was supported in Windows 7 but the Windows 10 “Basic Display Adapter” does not support that res.. So, I just installed a new Lenovo T22...
  9. Desktop Res & Active Signal Res are different

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Desktop Res & Active Signal Res are different: [img] My Monitor when I press the button says 1920x1080. I want to fully use 1440x1080 also noticing this slight flicker when playing games etc. Never did this when using windows 7.. Just recently upgraded, any help would be appreciated 129771
  10. Windows 10 update screen res

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 update screen res: Hi, I bought an Acer Aspire 3 2 days ago, and had a windows update last night, so not sure how recent the update is, but my problem is that it seems to have locked my screen resolution. I was playing EU4 on the device yesterday, even though the graphics card doesn't meet...