Windows 10: Help with Windows 10 Background Sound playing on Desktop when typing

Discus and support Help with Windows 10 Background Sound playing on Desktop when typing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ok, so this just started like an hour ago, but I was playing Borderlands 2 and was trying to Alt-Tab out but it wasn't letting me. So then I started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Atmos312, May 30, 2020.

1. Help with Windows 10 Background Sound playing on Desktop when typing

Ok, so this just started like an hour ago, but I was playing Borderlands 2 and was trying to Alt-Tab out but it wasn't letting me. So then I started hitting Alt, Tab, and the Windows key a bunch (maybe even the Shift key as well) trying to minimize the game and must have hit some secret keyboard shortcut because now when I'm sitting at the desktop and press a letter key on the keyboard I get the Windows Background sound that plays for seemingly no reason.

I thought it was Sticky Keys at first, but that's off (so is Filter Keys and those other settings). I downloaded Process Monitor and this is what pops up when I filter for .wav files and press a letter key while at the desktop - https://i.imgur.com/nbIjSzH.png

Can anyone deciper that? I really don't know what I'm supposed to be looking at. I just want the noise to stop lol.

submitted by /u/Atmos312
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Atmos312, May 30, 2020

2. Slideshow as desktop background.

Hi Marilyn,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows Logo Key + I. Then click on Personalization.
    • Click on Background to change it.
    For reference:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/getstarted-change-desktop-background

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jun 4, 2020
  3. No sound while playing audio and video files.

Hi,

I appreciate if you could answer to a few questions to narrow down to the issue.

• Which is the application that you are using to play the files?
    • Did you try the same on a different player?
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps?
    As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check if the volume is set low or in mute state in Volume Mixer.

• Right click on sound icon.
    • Open Volume Mixer check for the application that you are playing the files with and increase the volume and check.
    If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to run “Playing audio” troubleshooter to diagnose and fix the issue.

Follow these Steps to run Playing Audio Troubleshooter in Windows 10.

1. Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

2. Select Troubleshooting.

3. Select View all on the top left corner.

4. Click on Playing audio.

Also refer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope the information helps in resolving the issue related to the sound issue. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Help with Windows 10 Background Sound playing on Desktop when typing

SOUND FOR TYPING KEYS?

Hi Richard,

The option to play key sound as a user type is available in Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 settings. The steps on how to enable the option will depend on the make and model of the device. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the
    following questions:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is installed on your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your PC?
    • Is the option "Hear click sounds while typing" available in Gmail and Yahoo mail's settings?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?

For initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you manually update your keyboard driver. This
    link provides further information on how to update drivers in Windows 10.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Help with Windows 10 Background Sound playing on Desktop when typing

1. Help with Windows 10 Background Sound playing on Desktop when typing - Similar Threads - Help Background Sound

2. disconnect sound keeps playing in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disconnect sound keeps playing in the background: I updated my PC recently but failed to finish it. Since then an error or disconnect message keeps playing like when u unplug or plug a device. Please help its annoying....
  3. disconnect sound keeps playing in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    disconnect sound keeps playing in the background: I updated my PC recently but failed to finish it. Since then an error or disconnect message keeps playing like when u unplug or plug a device. Please help its annoying....
  4. disconnect sound keeps playing in the background

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. disconnect sound keeps playing in the background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disconnect sound keeps playing in the background: Recently my computer have an update but failed to finished it. When it restarted it keeps playing a disconnect sound like when you unplugged a USB cable. I realized that my Bluetooth no longer working, if I disable it, the noise will stop. But, once I re open it up the noise...
  6. disconnect sound keeps playing in the background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    disconnect sound keeps playing in the background: Recently my computer have an update but failed to finished it. When it restarted it keeps playing a disconnect sound like when you unplugged a USB cable. I realized that my Bluetooth no longer working, if I disable it, the noise will stop. But, once I re open it up the noise...
  7. disconnect sound keeps playing in the background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Random Buzzing Sound when I am typing on keyboard and music is playing in the background

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Random Buzzing Sound when I am typing on keyboard and music is playing in the background: Hii I have been facing a problem that when I am playing any sound in the background and type on the keyboard, random buzzing error sound occurs and I can fix it. My laptop is HP Envy 17 with the latest audio driver for Realtek HD audio. I tried updating the driver it up to...
  9. play sound when typing specific langauge on keybord

in Windows 10 Customization
    play sound when typing specific langauge on keybord: I am using win 10 with 2 langauges but many times i am typing in the wrong langauge that I want! is it a way of setting the ketbord typing will play sound when I am using specific langauge but not the other langaude? Yehuda...
  10. Desktop Background Selections Help

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Background Selections Help: I got to playing with Personalizing the Desktop Background (came with the OEM light blue with some wispy clouds) and just picking on each of the four alternate selections offered, I've lost the original picture. No longer five options, now just the four that were shown as...