Windows 10: Help with Windows 10 installation after RAM “upgrade”

Discus and support Help with Windows 10 installation after RAM “upgrade” in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So, some detail for how I got here. I got two RAM sticks a few days ago, and added them to my MSI B450 motherboard. However, after that was done, I got... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ncruzzah14, Nov 13, 2020.

1. Help with Windows 10 installation after RAM “upgrade”

So, some detail for how I got here. I got two RAM sticks a few days ago, and added them to my MSI B450 motherboard. However, after that was done, I got blue screens galore, saying the windows couldn’t boot. So I went to the bios, changed ram speed (2400Mhz DDR4 from 2133) then updated boot sequence. It wouldn’t start right away, but then in troubleshoot, it asked where to boot from. I chose HDD as that was where it was, and it booted just fine. After a few hours tho, my pc force reset and that option was no longer available. Next thing I know, windows wouldn’t even boot saying there was no boot file. I made a USB boot on another computer with the Windows media creation tool, but even that isn’t working for me. I’m at a total loss. Was it that the sticks weren’t good? Not compatible? I would like to have all my components to work together.

Specs: Windows 10 Pro x64

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 6 core MB: MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon RAM: 2 x 8GB G.Skill Flare X DDR4 2400MHz *Attempted adding 2 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo DDR4 3000MHz GPU: MSI Radeon RX570 Armor MK2 8GB Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HDD, Samsung 860 Evo 2.5” 500GB and 1TB SSDs (Yeah, two of them) PSU: Corsair RM550x ATX12V

submitted by /u/ncruzzah14
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ncruzzah14, Nov 13, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 13, 2020
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 13, 2020
  4. CK011885 Win User

Help with Windows 10 installation after RAM “upgrade”

Installing Windows 10 on New PC?

I'm going to be building a new PC on Christmas and want to install Windows 10 on it. I have Windows 10 on my current PC, which I installed upgrading from 8.1 with the files on a USB. How do I go about installing a clean copy of Windows 10 on this new PC? I think I recall something about installing it once makes Microsoft recognize your hardware, but since this will be a PC I'm not sure what steps I need to take. Do I need to go 8.1 -> 10 or is there a method of going directly to 10?

CK011885, Nov 13, 2020
Thema:

Help with Windows 10 installation after RAM “upgrade”

1. Help with Windows 10 installation after RAM “upgrade” - Similar Threads - Help installation RAM

2. Does upgrading RAM help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does upgrading RAM help?: I currently have 8GB 2666Hz single channel RAM installed powered by i5 9300H and an SSD with dedicated graphics.Will upgrading to 16GB dual channel help with performance ? I do not game and want fast performance for other tasks such as faster program loading,chrome...
  3. Does upgrading RAM help?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Does upgrading RAM help?: I currently have 8GB 2666Hz single channel RAM installed powered by i5 9300H and an SSD with dedicated graphics.Will upgrading to 16GB dual channel help with performance ? I do not game and want fast performance for other tasks such as faster program loading,chrome...
  4. BSOD After Ram Upgrade??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    BSOD After Ram Upgrade??: I upgraded from house-branded cheap 16GB to Corsair 32GB 2600Mhz. Since booting with new RAM, BSOD often, varying every 10min to 30min. I ram the memory diag with new RAM and it threw no problems. I also did the PowerShell verify thing and it crashed on me. Any ideas? I...
  5. BSOD after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after RAM upgrade: Hello all, A week ago I recieved my order G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB 2x8GB DDR4 3200MHz C16 F4-3200C16D-16GVKB I had already one pair of the same ram up and running for 2 years. After the ram installation the system recognize only 16GB and the other half appears as system...
  6. CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED After installing AIO and Upgraded RAM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED After installing AIO and Upgraded RAM: My PC will post but when Windows loads i get CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. I cannot load into Safe Mode with or without networking. It just crashes again. I cannot reset windows. It won't let me. I am currently formatting a flash drive to reinstall Windows but would like to avoid...
  7. Problems after RAM upgrade

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Problems after RAM upgrade: Upgraded to 20GB (8 + 8 + 4). CrucialScan says they are the correct RAM modules. (All 3 are Crucial.) Since the upgrade non-trivial apps (Sketchup, Blender, Sweet Home 3D) keep going Not Responding when doing any sort of major task. Perfmon shows 35% CPU usage and 40% RAM...
  8. RAM Upgrade & Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    RAM Upgrade & Windows 10: I recently ordered new RAM for my Toshiba Satellite Notebook because it only came with 2GB of RAM. It is upgradable to 8GB of RAM. I ordered the Amazon.com: Kingston Technology 8GB 1600MHz DDR3L (PC3-12800) 1.35V Non-ECC CL11 SODIMM Intel Laptop Memory KVR16LS11/8:...
  9. Windows 10 Auto Activation after RAM Upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Auto Activation after RAM Upgrade: first of all i apologize if i am putting this in wrong section. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 on Dell XPS 15 L502x(Sandy Bridge). Later i did a fresh install and Windows 10 activated automatically as it should. Now, i am replacing/upgrading RAM. i want to know...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Upgrade Installation Help: Hello all, I am trying to snag the W10 Free Upgrade before it runs out on my Windows 7 machine. I've tried the process twice now and both times it gets to roughly 90% or so through the entire thing and then reboots into "Restoring a previous version of windows" so clearly...