Windows 10: Help with Windows 10 on a laptop

Discus and support Help with Windows 10 on a laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; The answer to this is probably extremely obvious but I know very little about technology and I googled around and I can’t really find anything. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Katrina_18, Jan 9, 2020.

1. Help with Windows 10 on a laptop

The answer to this is probably extremely obvious but I know very little about technology and I googled around and I can’t really find anything. I am about to purchase a laptop that would run Windows 10. It says it comes with Windows 10S mode. I know that it is very easy to turn this off so that I can run other applications like steam. But will I need to purchase Windows 10 in order to do this? Are there limitations to the version that would run automatically if I turn off S mode? Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Katrina_18
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Katrina_18, Jan 9, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jan 9, 2020
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 9, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Help with Windows 10 on a laptop

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jan 9, 2020
Thema:

Help with Windows 10 on a laptop

1. Help with Windows 10 on a laptop - Similar Threads - Help laptop

2. Help fixing possibly dead laptop before resorting to sending to manufacturer - AORUS 15P YD...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help fixing possibly dead laptop before resorting to sending to manufacturer - AORUS 15P YD...: Hi all,I went to log in to my computer and noticed it had been restarted so I figured it was some sort of mandatory update Windows had performed. Windows started like normal, but after a few minutes I got the Windows Blue Screen with the sad face. I allowed it to restart and...
  3. Help fixing possibly dead laptop before resorting to sending to manufacturer - AORUS 15P YD...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help fixing possibly dead laptop before resorting to sending to manufacturer - AORUS 15P YD...: Hi all,I went to log in to my computer and noticed it had been restarted so I figured it was some sort of mandatory update Windows had performed. Windows started like normal, but after a few minutes I got the Windows Blue Screen with the sad face. I allowed it to restart and...
  4. Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time: My mouse moves across the screen even when I do not touch it. My trackpad left and right buttons do not work I've tried to see if it was enabled and it was, I've done troubleshooting and updated the drives and still the same problem persists I've tried all the advice I've...
  5. Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time

Help! My laptop mouse and trackpad are giving me a tough time: My mouse moves across the screen even when I do not touch it. My trackpad left and right buttons do not work I've tried to see if it was enabled and it was, I've done troubleshooting and updated the drives and still the same problem persists I've tried all the advice I've...
  6. I need help fixing my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help fixing my laptop: Recently my computer for no reason started showing code 10 on my wireless connection drive. It got fixed for few hours by reinstalling the driver but it happened again and now even reinstall doesnt work and it started showing code 14 on my vivobook uefi firmware and it's not...
  7. I need help fixing my laptop

I need help fixing my laptop: Recently my computer for no reason started showing code 10 on my wireless connection drive. It got fixed for few hours by reinstalling the driver but it happened again and now even reinstall doesnt work and it started showing code 14 on my vivobook uefi firmware and it's not...
  8. My laptop is stuck on the signin page, please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop is stuck on the signin page, please help: My laptop is stuck on the signin page. It just shows my username and below that it says signin. And if I press sign in nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-signin-page-please-help/3399dd53-f9b7-4166-bf54-2db8cbee00b5
  9. My laptop is stuck on the signin page, please help

My laptop is stuck on the signin page, please help: My laptop is stuck on the signin page. It just shows my username and below that it says signin. And if I press sign in nothing happens https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-signin-page-please-help/3399dd53-f9b7-4166-bf54-2db8cbee00b5
  10. Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.

Help needed with HP laptop camera not working.: I just discovered that my hp laptop camera isn't working. The screen is blank when I try to take a photo or switch my video on for meetings. Several attempts to troubleshoot have failed. I either get 0xA00F4240/ 4292 error codes. Has anyone been able to resolve such. Help...