Windows 10: Help with Windows 10 System Image

Discus and support Help with Windows 10 System Image in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have two exact computers and one is going in for warranty repair and the other is a loaner. I'm trying to image my existing laptop's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/FormerRefrigerator0, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Help with Windows 10 System Image

Hello,

I have two exact computers and one is going in for warranty repair and the other is a loaner. I'm trying to image my existing laptop's harddrive and restore it on the loaner laptop. When I run the image tool, it completes with no problems and saves the image on my backup drive. When I go to restore it, it doesn't show up (see picture). I can't figure out what's going on. I thought maybe it was my backup drive, so I went out and got a new one and ran another image and same thing happened. Then I thought maybe it was my computer, so I ran an image of the new loaner laptop, and same thing. I can't figure out what's going on.. am I doing something wrong?

Thank you very much.

https://imgur.com/T4ASli5

submitted by /u/FormerRefrigerator0
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/FormerRefrigerator0, Aug 5, 2020

2. Help, cant create windows image

Hello there, @fullinfusion!

It seems like some sort of an OS confusion has happened with your secondary WD Black and I'm sorry to hear about that. *Frown Help with Windows 10 System Image :(
    Maybe re-formatting it would help indeed as the community already mentioned. I'd suggest to take a look at this step-by-step how to partition and format an HDD: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=PYCoid
    Keep in mind that this will wipe clean the drive, so you should backup all important data from the drive somewhere else.
    I noticed from the screenshots that your HDD appears as Disk 0, this means that it's plugged in the primary SATA port where the SSD (as an OS drive) should be. Actually it is possible that because of this Windows cannot create the image there. Swap the ports of the SSD and the HDD, this might help as well.

Keep me posted. Hope this helped! *Smile Help with Windows 10 System Image :)
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Help with Windows 10 System Image

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

Help with Windows 10 System Image

1. Help with Windows 10 System Image - Similar Threads - Help System Image

2. System Image - Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image - Help: Hi,When i try to create a system image I get the below message, I hit ok and let it finish and at the end I get the same message and the system image is not completed. I have formatted the USB and it is 64gb in size.Previous backups I have not had this message or problem.Can...
  3. System Image - Help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Image - Help: Hi,When i try to create a system image I get the below message, I hit ok and let it finish and at the end I get the same message and the system image is not completed. I have formatted the USB and it is 64gb in size.Previous backups I have not had this message or problem.Can...
  4. Windows 10 System image

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 System image: Hi my name is Ahmed Malick,I want to create Windows 10 system image backup but it takes much space same asin my C Drive. Is there any to compress system image or another way or third party tool?...
  5. System Image Help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Image Help: Hey, so, I created a system image backup on an external hard drive so that I could get it on a new, bigger SSD. However, any attempts to access the backup have only led to an error message: "Couldn't Mount File-The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't...
  6. System Image Help

System Image Help: Hey, so, I created a system image backup on an external hard drive so that I could get it on a new, bigger SSD. However, any attempts to access the backup have only led to an error message: "Couldn't Mount File-The disk image isn't initialized, contains partitions that aren't...
  7. System Image Windows 10

System Image Windows 10: Can you put a System Image created in Windows 10 Back up and restore windows 7 and put the image onto a USB thumb drive?My drive is like 70 GB in sizeI was in Best Buy yesterday and I saw a USB thumb drive that was 128 GB in size and would easily fit the file sizeJust want to...
  8. System Image Error Help

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System Image Error Help: On my Windows 10 machine. I'm trying to make a system image, but I keep getting errors. It says that I don't have sufficient space on the hard drive that I'm trying to save to. But I have plenty of room. Any suggestions on why I keep getting this error?...
  9. [help] Restoring a system image

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [help] Restoring a system image: I tried looking on the internet for an answer, but didn't find any. Can I restore a PC running windows 10 pro using a system image that was created from windows 10 home? submitted by /u/stabberofficial [link] [comments]...
  10. Windows 10 System Image

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows 10 System Image: I would like to create a complete system image using the built-in Windows 10 image backup. I understand how to do this onto an external hard drive. I also understand that I can create a bootable flash drive there as well. But do I have to create this flash drive or could I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to get help in windows 10