Windows 10: Help with windows 11 laptop and dock

Discus and support Help with windows 11 laptop and dock in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I currently use my DisplayLink 4K Plug and Display dock with my work Dell laptop.I want to be able to plug in my personal windows 11 laptop but when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lynn_ay, Dec 8, 2022.

1. Lynn_ay Win User

Help with windows 11 laptop and dock

I currently use my DisplayLink 4K Plug and Display dock with my work Dell laptop.I want to be able to plug in my personal windows 11 laptop but when I do this the display doesn't show on my monitor. Am I able to sort this somehow?Thanks

:)

Lynn_ay, Dec 8, 2022
  2. Mithin_EJ Win User

does convertable laptops works with continuum dock

Hi MostafaAssir,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community Forums.

To get clarity of this issue and assist you with appropriate troubleshooting steps, kindly reply with the answers to the questions below.

1. What is the Graphic Card that you have installed on your PC?
    2. Are you trying to connect the HDMI in a continuum dock for the first time?
    3. Are you getting any error message, when trying to connect the HDMI?

We can connect the HDMI to continuum dock with the laptop to a bigger screen, I suggest you to follow this article on
    Continuum, however, if you are still facing
    issue with connecting the HDMI cable, I suggest you to follow the below method, and check if that helps.

Method 1: Check for updates.

I would suggest you to check if you have installed all the updates on the computer. There are chances that you might get HDMI drivers through update:

Open the Settings page > Go to
    Update and Security> Click on Check for Updates. Once the updates are installed, restart the pc and check for the issue.

Method 2: Update Display drivers.

I suggest you to update the display drivers, follow this article to

Update drivers in Windows 10
    , and also refer this article

View display settings in Windows 10
    , I also suggest you to check the HDMI Switcher, if that is working fine.

I also suggest you to refer this article on
    Microsoft Display Dock
    , and check if that helps.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Regards,

Mithin_EJ, Dec 8, 2022
  3. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Dec 8, 2022
  4. Help with windows 11 laptop and dock

Windows 11 w/ Thunderbolt Dock incorrect display resolution.

I have reached out and spent time with Dell support, they have been unable to help, hoping for help here.

I have a Dell Precision 5560 Laptop, running windows 11, when I connect a TB dock (Dell WD19TBS) to it, with two monitors the monitors run at the wrong resolution and there is no option to change that.

If I connect the same dock/monitor setup to a Dell XPS running windows 10, it works fine.

If I connect the same dock/monitor setup to the Precision but boot into ubuntu, it works fine.

If I connect the same monitors via a USB-C dock, they work just fine.

It appears the common denominator of the issue is how windows 11 and TB are working together. Dell has tried to help, but claim since the precision 5560 came with windows 10, they can't do much to support, even though it is on their list of devices ready to upgrade to windows 11.

I have tried, multiple times, updating/uninstalling/re-installing all TB drivers and display drivers (both intel/nvidia). I suspect its TB bandwidth issue, since the resolution is maxed out at 1920x1080, when it should be 1920x1200, but that bandwidth issue only appears with windows 11.

Unfortunately I don't have another windows 11 device to try, my XPS is too old to run windows 11 Help with windows 11 laptop and dock :(

Travism_dakcs, Dec 8, 2022
Thema:

Help with windows 11 laptop and dock

1. Help with windows 11 laptop and dock - Similar Threads - Help laptop dock

2. Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues detecting external monitors with HP Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop: Hi all,I have a HP monitor HP E24u G4 FHD USB-C and a HP laptop HP Elitebook 830 G8 that runs on Windows 11. Both my laptop and monitor work perfectly when connected to each other.I have just bought a HP USB-C/A Universal Dock G2. When I connect my HP monitor to my HP docking...
  3. Issues detecting external monitors with Dell Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issues detecting external monitors with Dell Docking Station on windows 11 Laptop: Hi Team, I am having issue with windows 11 and dell docking station. I have updated the windows and install all the firmware recommended from dell support for the docking station, but still docking station is not detecting the external monitors and not charging the laptop. On...
  4. Windows 11 Dock Problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Dock Problem: Product: HP ZBook Fury 17.3 Inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC IDS Base Model with Thunderbolt 4 Dock 280WHello, I've upgraded from my old G3 notebook to this G8 now and I have a issue with my 2nd Screen in Windows 11 now: I use one set Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse via KVM-Switch for my...
  5. Windows 11 Dock Problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Dock Problem: Product: HP ZBook Fury 17.3 Inch G8 Mobile Workstation PC IDS Base Model with Thunderbolt 4 Dock 280WHello, I've upgraded from my old G3 notebook to this G8 now and I have a issue with my 2nd Screen in Windows 11 now: I use one set Monitor/Keyboard/Mouse via KVM-Switch for my...
  6. HP laptop - Windows 11 - not picking up screens through docking station.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HP laptop - Windows 11 - not picking up screens through docking station.: Hi,My HP laptop HP Pavilion Gaming Laptop 15-dk2001nia 436A0EA runs Windows 11.It's connected to an alogic dock. Up until about three weeks ago, it all worked fine. Everything connected to the dock was picked up by the laptop.Now, the laptop picks up everything, but the two...
  7. Help with windows 11 laptop and dock

Help with windows 11 laptop and dock: I currently use my DisplayLink 4K Plug and Display dock with my work Dell laptop.I want to be able to plug in my personal windows 11 laptop but when I do this the display doesn't show on my monitor. Am I able to sort this somehow?Thanks...
  8. Laptop Reset Docking Station

Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  9. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Laptop Reset Docking Station: Hi,This is quite a specific request. Are anyone aware of any softwares/systems that could answer to the problem bellow ?We are a company that rent laptops and for data protection purpose we perform 5 to 10 full reset of different windows laptops per day. This is very tedious...
  10. Laptop Reset Docking Station

in Windows 10 Gaming