Windows 10: Help with windows custom installation

Discus and support Help with windows custom installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I want to: 1) Install Windows on a reference machine (I personally use Hyper-V) 2) go into Audit Mode to customize and install programs and do some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Lokateu, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Lokateu Win User

Help with windows custom installation

I want to:
    1) Install Windows on a reference machine (I personally use Hyper-V)
    2) go into Audit Mode to customize and install programs and do some configurations on the web browsers
    3) sysprep that customization and make it to create all profile with that defaults settings that i made it (incluinding changes on the browsers)
    4) capture that image
    5 create a media installtion from that to deploy on any other computer.

I have to metion, the part 3 of what I want it's where I struggle, 'cause when I'm creating a answer file (I use Windows Answer File Generator website to do that 'cause i think is the easiest way to do) I don't know what to do to create a user profile with the default settings that I created on audit mode, making me to configurate web browser on every Windows installation that I do.

PS: Sorry for my bad english. It's been a couple months since I started to write things in english rather than just read Help with windows custom installation :)

:)

Lokateu, Oct 1, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Oct 1, 2020
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Help with windows custom installation

Clean Install Workaround for Vista

You may remember this news story on techPowerUp! a couple of days ago relating to the lack of clean installs when using the Upgrade Editions of Vista, which required an old OS to be installed. However, Paul Thurrott has managed to find a workaround for this issue, which ironically lets users do a clean install Vista without any previous version of Windows, albeit a little tedious. Here are the steps:
    • Boot from the Windows Vista Upgrade DVD as normal
    • When prompted for a product code, leave this blank
    • Select the version of Vista you have purchased and let Vista install
    • When you boot to your desktop for the first time, run the Vista setup from Windows
    • This time enter your product key
    • When asked whether you want to do an Upgrade of Custom install, select custom and choose a clean install
    • Windows will now install for a second time and you should be able to activate it
    Remember, these steps are only advised for use in order to achieve a clean install of Vista, it is only legal to use the upgrade editions if you have previously purchased the appropriate version of Windows.

Source: DailyTech

Jimmy 2004, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Help with windows custom installation

1. Help with windows custom installation - Similar Threads - Help custom installation

2. Custom install of windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Custom install of windows 10: I have my PC with preinstalled Microsoft office 2007. Will Office 2007 get deleted if I custom install Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-install-of-windows-10/3d230dcd-c8c5-4b84-81c9-2aeb321c17c6
  3. Custom Installation

Custom Installation: Hello,My pc was sucking up my data... Turnsout there was a huge update for 21h1.Long story short, have to download the update for smooth working.Then got the Media Creation tool by customer care advice.It took 7.5 GB of my data to download and while Installation there was an...
  4. Help with folder customizations

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with folder customizations: Hello all! I have a large external drive that I use to move photos and videos for a small operation. I have customized certain folders as video folders or whatever to make it use the video folders view instead of general items. However I have noticed that if I plug the drive...
  5. Doing a custom installation of windows windows 10 and stuck. Need help!!

Doing a custom installation of windows windows 10 and stuck. Need help!!: My windows 10 is stuck in a loop and the person on Microsoft chat said to do a custom installation. I’m doing it via usb and I have it open. I’m stuck on the step, where do you want to install windows. The two drives that have enough space for it when I choose them it says,...
  6. Creating a custom install.wim for a custom Windows install USB

Creating a custom install.wim for a custom Windows install USB: Kari wrote - "Capturing install.wim from an existing installation only works on computers / virtual machines where all system elements and user accounts are located on Windows system partition C:" - is there a comprehensive list of the 'system elements' of Windows10. Normally...
  7. Custom Installation

Custom Installation: When i proceeded with custom installation and arrived to selecting the partion to install window, I found that No partion is able to setup windows on with message saying " Windows can not be installed on this disk. The selected disk is of GPT partion style" and Next tabe can...
  8. Help With Custom Sounds

Help With Custom Sounds: Hello everyone who is reading this. I am having an issue with custom sounds. I have some custom sounds downloaded in the Media Folder. All of the sounds are in the .wav format. When I select the sounds in the sounds page of the control panel, the icon turns yellow and the...
  9. Custom Install

Custom Install: Frozen start button, prompted my call to support; their only solution was a complete re-install of Windows 10, which they called "custom install." While the technician, named Justo P., was very helpful, it took a few hours and left me with lots of unanswered questions, she...
  10. Custom Install Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Custom Install Windows 10: How to: Custom Install Windows 10 How to Custom Install Windows 10 When you perform a custom install of Windows 10, a clean install of Windows 10 is performed only on the same partition as the previous installation of Windows to replace it, and the previous installation...