Windows 10: Help with Windows Defender

Discus and support Help with Windows Defender in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just had my Windows reinstalled because I kept getting AdobeIPC Broker application errors (and others like AGCInvoker). I've read about guides to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kzsong, Nov 22, 2020 at 4:57 AM.

1. /u/kzsong Win User

Help with Windows Defender

I just had my Windows reinstalled because I kept getting AdobeIPC Broker application errors (and others like AGCInvoker). I've read about guides to fix these errors, but I also read from a reddit user of his own experience and only a clean reinstallation solving it for him. So I opted for the reinstall.

After the reinstall, I got my laptop back with security threats from Defender for: Virus:Win64/Expiro.MG!bit and Virus:Win32/Floxif.H.

The affected items are from trusted folders :
    file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Maintenance Service\maintenanceservice.exe
    service: MozillaMaintenance

file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\87.0.664.41\elevation_service.exe
    regkey: HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\TYPELIB\{C9C2B807-7731-4F34-81B7-44FF7779522B}\1.0

service: MicrosoftEdgeElevationService

My Defender says it's up to date.

So is this really a virus? I have to install some software I use for work but Defender blocks it after detecting the Expiro or Floxif threats when I try to run it.
    Are these really viruses? I've chosen "quarantine" on some threats and "clean" on others just to see the difference, but every time I do a quick scan, it comes back up.

Would really appreciate some input on this.

submitted by /u/kzsong
    [link] [comments]

:)

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 22, 2020 at 5:01 AM
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

4. Help with Windows Defender

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Thema:

Help with Windows Defender

1. Help with Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Help Defender

2. I need help, I want to uninstall Windows defender

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I need help, I want to uninstall Windows defender: I need help, I want to uninstall Windows Defender, which you could recommend. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-i-want-to-uninstall-windows-defender/de8da0e9-5921-44ab-940b-f9864a569bbf
  3. Windows Defender Smartscreen is using 40% of my CPU constantly need help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Defender Smartscreen is using 40% of my CPU constantly need help: Hello, I am having an issue with Windows Defender Smartscreen using up a lot of CPU. and I just ran a full scan on my computer that finished a couple of hours ago so it shouldn't be trying to run another full scan. I am really unsure of what to do. I am running windows 10...
  4. Help Windows Defender UI cashes when trying to open the app from system try

Help Windows Defender UI cashes when trying to open the app from system try: Today my WD was working very fine till I downloaded something that apparently got a virus so WD blocked it on the spot, then when I tried to open WD to see the threat history, the UI of the app crashes and doesn't open up. Same when I tries to open the interface from the...
  5. HELP! Unable to open windows security and defender. I've checked the services too, not...

HELP! Unable to open windows security and defender. I've checked the services too, not...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/prodigy_18 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j9a5i7/help_unable_to_open_windows_security_and_defender/
  6. Can not remove Trojan:Win32/Generic!rfn - help with windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can not remove Trojan:Win32/Generic!rfn - help with windows defender: Hi. I after scanning my computer with WDefender the trojan : Win32/Generic!rfn was found. The system proposes to take action, but after pressing "remove" it seems to be just moving dots as thinking...but nothing actually happens. Can anyone help me to get rid of this...
  7. Help me to fix windows defender not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help me to fix windows defender not working: Don't know but my windows defender anti virus is turn off and don't know how to turn it on back please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-me-to-fix-windows-defender-not-working/0639dd0b-f27a-4a0d-ab1b-e099f920b015
  8. SERIOUS HELP WITH MICROSOFT DEFENDER

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    SERIOUS HELP WITH MICROSOFT DEFENDER: HI so 15 mins ago my laptp said microsoft defender is turned off i tried to turn it on but it wont and says your IT has not given u enough permissions to views all apps idk what is that that appeared the first time while i go to that page before too! and then i restarted my...
  9. HELP! Windows Defender SmartScreen very high power usage

HELP! Windows Defender SmartScreen very high power usage: Windows defender smartscreen takes 15% - 20% cpu and 'Very high' power usage i tried disabling it in the security settings and ran a quick windows security scan and nothing seams to work... submitted by /u/nomcas_MP [link] [comments]...
  10. little help guys, windows defender not showing?

little help guys, windows defender not showing?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/theretardfucker [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/id59mt/little_help_guys_windows_defender_not_showing/