Windows 10: Help with Windows Defender

Discus and support Help with Windows Defender in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I just had my Windows reinstalled because I kept getting AdobeIPC Broker application errors (and others like AGCInvoker). I've read about guides to fix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/kzsong, Nov 22, 2020.

1. /u/kzsong Win User

Help with Windows Defender

I just had my Windows reinstalled because I kept getting AdobeIPC Broker application errors (and others like AGCInvoker). I've read about guides to fix these errors, but I also read from a reddit user of his own experience and only a clean reinstallation solving it for him. So I opted for the reinstall.

After the reinstall, I got my laptop back with security threats from Defender for: Virus:Win64/Expiro.MG!bit and Virus:Win32/Floxif.H.

The affected items are from trusted folders :
    file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Maintenance Service\maintenanceservice.exe
    service: MozillaMaintenance

file: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft\Edge\Application\87.0.664.41\elevation_service.exe
    regkey: HKLM\SOFTWARE\CLASSES\TYPELIB\{C9C2B807-7731-4F34-81B7-44FF7779522B}\1.0

service: MicrosoftEdgeElevationService

My Defender says it's up to date.

So is this really a virus? I have to install some software I use for work but Defender blocks it after detecting the Expiro or Floxif threats when I try to run it.
    Are these really viruses? I've chosen "quarantine" on some threats and "clean" on others just to see the difference, but every time I do a quick scan, it comes back up.

Would really appreciate some input on this.

submitted by /u/kzsong
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/kzsong, Nov 22, 2020

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 22, 2020
  3. Arul_D Win User
    Installing Apps on Windows 10 Has Windows Defender Finding Malware

Hi Tommy,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to third party apps?
    I would suggest you to open Windows defender and add exclusions and check if it helps. Follow the steps to add exclusions in windows Defender.

• Type Windows defender settings in the search bar and press enter

• Under Exclusions click on Add Exclusion
    Hope this information helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of the issue so that we can assist you further.

Arul_D, Nov 22, 2020
  4. Help with Windows Defender

Windows Defender Not On

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I would suggest you to try the below methods and check:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run virus scan to make sure the computer is free from virus.

The Microsoft Safety Scanner is a free downloadable security tool that provides on-demand scanning and helps remove virus, spyware, and other malicious software. It works with your existing antivirus software.

Microsoft Safety Scanner Download - Windows security

Method 2:

Turn the Defender on. Follow the below steps:

• In search, type Defender.
    • Now make the option ON by moving the slider accordingly.

Method 3: Run the SFC.

Follow the below steps:

• Open Command Prompt.
    • Select “Run as Administrator”.
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without quotes and hit
      Enter.
    Now check for the issue.

Keep us posted if you face any issues on windows in future. We will be glad to help you.

Annu Singh, Nov 22, 2020
Thema:

Help with Windows Defender

1. Help with Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Help Defender

2. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!: Can anyone help?Today's Feb 29th Microsoft defender update asked me for permission to make changes to my OS, and of course I said yes .. and as soon as I did, it asked for a restart which I also did, and then it went haywire and has been ever since. The processor was...
  3. Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest defender security update has wrecked my laptop - help!: Can anyone help?Today's Feb 29th Microsoft defender update asked me for permission to make changes to my OS, and of course I said yes .. and as soon as I did, it asked for a restart which I also did, and then it went haywire and has been ever since. The processor was...
  4. Windows Defender is not able to remove a threat found after a full system scan, Please help?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender is not able to remove a threat found after a full system scan, Please help?: I have done every possible way of getting rid of these scan results, which seem to be malware. I have tried to get the file path but I couldn't find where it is located, I also tried the Powershell script "Get-MpThreat" to get the file path but there seems to be no...
  5. Windows Defender is not able to remove a threat found after a full system scan, Please help?

Windows Defender is not able to remove a threat found after a full system scan, Please help?: I have done every possible way of getting rid of these scan results, which seem to be malware. I have tried to get the file path but I couldn't find where it is located, I also tried the Powershell script "Get-MpThreat" to get the file path but there seems to be no...
  6. Microsoft Defender locked my screen and told me to call this number for help 866-284-4159....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Defender locked my screen and told me to call this number for help 866-284-4159....: Microsoft Defender locked my screen on my laptop and told me to call Microsoft support at this number — 866-284-4159.. I called the number and they helped me unlock my laptop but then wanted me to access the Microsoft server so the process could be completed. I wasn’t...
  7. Microsoft Defender locked my screen and told me to call this number for help 866-284-4159....

Microsoft Defender locked my screen and told me to call this number for help 866-284-4159....: Microsoft Defender locked my screen on my laptop and told me to call Microsoft support at this number — 866-284-4159.. I called the number and they helped me unlock my laptop but then wanted me to access the Microsoft server so the process could be completed. I wasn’t...
  8. Need help with this defender problem have tried everything!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with this defender problem have tried everything!!: gjI I tried uploading a picture but it seems I cant even do that!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-this-defender-problem-have-tried/d68d9160-e4f8-4b90-abe1-8c5c15eea7db
  9. Need help with this defender problem have tried everything!!

Need help with this defender problem have tried everything!!: gjI I tried uploading a picture but it seems I cant even do that!! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-with-this-defender-problem-have-tried/d68d9160-e4f8-4b90-abe1-8c5c15eea7db
  10. Can someone help me with a Windows 11 problem, every time I open Windows Defender a white...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me with a Windows 11 problem, every time I open Windows Defender a white...: I have all the new windows defender updates and no virus on my computer.***** moved from german to english Community ***** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me-with-a-windows-11-problem/c72e7d0d-e79e-412c-ac49-dfd4ad6e65b8