Windows 10: Help With Windows Explorer Please..

Discus and support Help With Windows Explorer Please.. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; This just happened today for the first time. I can't find pics I've just uploaded. I upload from my camera and they go in the 'pictures' folder. No... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by abrogard, Oct 7, 2020.

1. abrogard Win User

Help With Windows Explorer Please..

This just happened today for the first time. I can't find pics I've just uploaded.

I upload from my camera and they go in the 'pictures' folder. No problem until today.

Here's what's happened:

The wonderful world of win10 creates four 'pictures' folders, I find. And my picture are in one of them alright, they did upload, but now where they usually are and not in an easy place to get to.

The windows explorer tree on the left of the screen goes like this

Quick Access
    Downloads
    Documents
    Pictures ..................... folder number 1. they are not in there

Then:

One Drive
    Pictures....................... folder 2. they are not in there.

Then

This PC
    Pictures................. folder 3. they are not in there.

Then my search engine found them here:

Local Disk/users/myname/Pictures .............. folder number 4. There they are.

version 2004. right up to date. the latest and the greatest.

Can anyone tell me how I get them out of there and up where they used to be - in 'This PC /Pictures' ?

and perhaps tell me what I've done wrong ?

Help With Windows Explorer Please.. :)

:)

abrogard, Oct 7, 2020

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Oct 7, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Oct 7, 2020
  4. mixa Win User

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

Help With Windows Explorer Please.. wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

mixa, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

1. Help With Windows Explorer Please.. - Similar Threads - Help Explorer Please

2. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please help, File Explorer: Please help if you canI cannot open File Explorer, if I right click to open all I get is the hourglass! Opening files sent via email - File Explorer opens, but again with the hourglass!Plus Windows Update keeps failing Please help- Message given - There were some problems...
  3. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help, File Explorer: Please help if you canI cannot open File Explorer, if I right click to open all I get is the hourglass! Opening files sent via email - File Explorer opens, but again with the hourglass!Plus Windows Update keeps failing Please help- Message given - There were some problems...
  4. Please help, File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PLEASE HELP!!! EXPLORER DOES NOT OPEN AT ALL

in Windows 10 Customization
    PLEASE HELP!!! EXPLORER DOES NOT OPEN AT ALL: Im stuck on a black screen. Tried using task manager to open explorer, the windows refreshed but explorer wasnt open. I can open file explorer but explorer.exe that runs the background DOES NOT WORK. I tried restarting multiple times, using CMD but nothing works. This...
  6. explorer not show please help?

in Cortana
    explorer not show please help?: hey, before explorer was work fine but i disable cortana before. i wanted to run it and try it how work, but i didn't find it i searched on google and found that it is option not activated on gpedit.msc i followed these steps topic I don't have Cortana on my Windows 10 then i...
  7. Windows Explorer Flickering - Please Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Flickering - Please Help!: So ever since I've upgraded my PC build and put the Windows OS on an NVME (not sure if this is related to the issue or not, did a full reinstall twice and still have the same problem), I've had issues with Windows Explorer flickering every time I press the start menu button,...
  8. Please help! File Explorer Inoperable!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Please help! File Explorer Inoperable!: Hello, I purchased a refurbished Surface Pro this summer. It was working great for the most part, except it seemed to randomly freeze. I didn't think much of it, since it would usually get going again after. Now I essentially can't use file explorer at all without the...
  9. File Explorer Help Please

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer Help Please: I used to open my File Explorer and it presented a menu as to which drive I wanted to go to, like C drive, D drive or R drive or other drives I have on here. Do you know of a way how I can get it back that way by clicking on File Explorer? Many thanks for all your help.God...
  10. Extremely slow Windows Explorer. Please help.

in Windows 10 Support
    Extremely slow Windows Explorer. Please help.: Hi everyone. My Windows 10 laptop, which previously had Windows 7 (I upgraded through Windows Update) is now having problems with the file explorer.It all started last night, when I was listening to some music with the windows media player, then it froze, a windows popped...