Windows 10: Help with Windows File Explorer constantly refreshing, taking up lots of resources and...

Discus and support Help with Windows File Explorer constantly refreshing, taking up lots of resources and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello,For 3+ years Windows File Explorer has been broken for me. It constantly is showing me a green progress bar for at least a second, sometimes much... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mariosalazar, Mar 17, 2022.

1. Help with Windows File Explorer constantly refreshing, taking up lots of resources and...

Hello,For 3+ years Windows File Explorer has been broken for me. It constantly is showing me a green progress bar for at least a second, sometimes much longer, up to 10+ seconds, each time I navigate to a folder. During this time, the list of files will show for a second, disappear and then repopulate, one by one. This happens in any view mode. The problem gets worse the longer I keep the computer running, and, unfortunately, I use this as a server, so it is running constantly for periods of up to a month or more. After a few days, File Explorer becomes unstable and crashes repeatedly. It g

:)

mariosalazar, Mar 17, 2022
  2. Try3 Win User

Windows Explorer refuses to refresh Explorer

Masterchef,

I have had this problem and so have lots of other people. None of the suggested solutions I found on the internet had anything other than a temporary effect. The problem eventually went away of its own accord but still rears its ugly head from time to time. I only kept a few links on the subject -
    Desktop or Explorer does not refresh automatically in Windows
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh by itself - Microsoft Community
    windows file list does not auto refresh-update - Microsoft Answers [Windows 7]
    Windows Explorer doesn't refresh when moving-deleting - TechNet [Windows 7]

When the problem reappears, I restart the computer. If that does not resolve matters then I accept the situation and don't waste my time chasing non-solutions. You might wish to consider adopting the same approach.

All the best,
    Denis

3. Windows 10 File Explorer: No Automatic Refresh

After a few days, File Explorer stops automatically refreshing. Operations like:

• Adding or renaming a file
    • Deleting a file
    • Adding a folder
    • Moving a file/folder
    • etc.
    complete successfully, but nothing happens visually until I manually press F5.

Some of you may realize that this question has
    been asked several
    times
    before, like this one nine
    years ago
    . I've tried every single resolution step I can find that's been suggested. The problem always returns.

I think it's time someone from Microsoft answers this question properly. Why does a well documented bug like this go this long without a fix? Can you provide a solution that works and hasn't been blindly copied and pasted multiple times?

Whimsical Seaplane, Mar 17, 2022
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Help with Windows File Explorer constantly refreshing, taking up lots of resources and...

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 17, 2022
Thema:

Help with Windows File Explorer constantly refreshing, taking up lots of resources and...

1. Help with Windows File Explorer constantly refreshing, taking up lots of resources and... - Similar Threads - Help File Explorer

2. Windows explorer constantly taking up high cpu usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer constantly taking up high cpu usage: I've had Windows Explorer constantly taking up 16-20% CPU in Windows 10 on a quadcore in recent days. Restarting the Windows Explorer process forked another process COM Surrogate that now used 16-20% of CPU. Rebooting didn't help neither.Considering there are a few closed...
  3. Windows explorer constantly taking up high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows explorer constantly taking up high cpu usage: I've had Windows Explorer constantly taking up 16-20% CPU in Windows 10 on a quadcore in recent days. Restarting the Windows Explorer process forked another process COM Surrogate that now used 16-20% of CPU. Rebooting didn't help neither.Considering there are a few closed...
  4. Windows explorer constantly taking up high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search And News Taking Up Lots Of Resources.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Search And News Taking Up Lots Of Resources.: I cannot find where to put a bug report on windows so I will post it here. So I was playing a game with a friend and I notice my computer was acting slow. I open task manager and I go to see why 100% of my ram and 100% of my disk was being used. Since, usually this never...
  6. Help with Windows File Explorer constantly refreshing, taking up lots of resources and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with Windows File Explorer constantly refreshing, taking up lots of resources and...: Hello,For 3+ years Windows File Explorer has been broken for me. It constantly is showing me a green progress bar for at least a second, sometimes much longer, up to 10+ seconds, each time I navigate to a folder. During this time, the list of files will show for a second,...
  7. Help with Windows File Explorer constantly refreshing, taking up lots of resources and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with Windows File Explorer constantly refreshing, taking up lots of resources and...: Hello,For 3+ years Windows File Explorer has been broken for me. It constantly is showing me a green progress bar for at least a second, sometimes much longer, up to 10+ seconds, each time I navigate to a folder. During this time, the list of files will show for a second,...
  8. Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer Requires Constant Refreshing?: My Windows 10 64-bit workstation is very stable, and has been so for at least 2 years. Never crashes or locks up. Easily the best and most reliable Windows workstation I've ever owned. However, recently when I move files or do file-related things in Windows Explorer, the...
  9. File Explorer constantly loading or refreshing, can't see files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer constantly loading or refreshing, can't see files: When I first turn on my computer, the file explorer works fine. But after a couple minutes, when trying to create a new folder or rename something, the green loading bar appears and the renaming doesn't appear until I exit out of the folder and go back in. After that...
  10. refresh takes a lot of time

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    refresh takes a lot of time: Recently I am facing the issue of long buffering after a right click on the desktop, for refreshing the PC. I have tried several measures but for no use. Could you suggest something more technical and deep rooted? Please help me out here......