Windows 10: Help with Windows Performance Analyzer?

Discus and support Help with Windows Performance Analyzer? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My Dell desktop PC is intermittently slow -- especially waking up from sleep. I've checked everything I can think of, but found no obvious culprit. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by [JMK], Oct 25, 2019.

1. [JMK] Win User

Help with Windows Performance Analyzer?

My Dell desktop PC is intermittently slow -- especially waking up from sleep. I've checked everything I can think of, but found no obvious culprit.

I just used Windows Performance Recorder to generate an ETL file, and I loaded it up in Windows Performance Analyzer, and it tells me... something.

I can see all the graphs, but is there a way to get it to actually do the analysis, and tell me what's making my machine slow? Or is that still a pipe dream, after all these years?

:)

[JMK], Oct 25, 2019
  2. zinou Win User

Windows Performance Analyzer error

I would suggest to give it a try with the generalprofile only, don't add the CPU profile as the events captured with the cpu profile enabled are already included in the generalprofile.

Help with Windows Performance Analyzer? [​IMG]

zinou, Oct 25, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit

Source: Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit | Microsoft Edge Dev Blog

Brink, Oct 25, 2019
  4. Help with Windows Performance Analyzer?

How to use Windows Performance Toolkit to analyze slow startups

Hello,

I just installed the Microsoft Performance Toolkit for Windows 10 because I have a very slow startup and I wish to analyze it to understand which service/app/process is responsible for that. However I ma not
    sure how to use it. My understand is that I have to start a trace by WPR, reboot, stop the trace, and use the analysis tool (WPA) to get trace data in a graph format.

Can anybody, please, publish step-by-step instructions to do that? I tried to use the Event Manager to troubleshoot the startup but it is not easy to understand if an error originated other errors or is originated
    by another error. Not all errors have to be fixed. Sometimes, fixing an error, remove all the errors it originated. So I would like to have a look at startup to understand if some process is responsible for time delays.

Thank you in advance.

I didn't find the right solution from the internet.

References:

donnieclark11, Oct 25, 2019
Thema:

Help with Windows Performance Analyzer?

1. Help with Windows Performance Analyzer? - Similar Threads - Help Performance Analyzer

2. Require help to check Windows Performance Analyzer Logs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Require help to check Windows Performance Analyzer Logs: First of all i am sorry for my english sometimes it can be non understandable.I am trying to improve. Yesterday i installed my pc drivers via driverpack. However after the installation my computer started booting really slow. Before the installation it takes max. 40 seconds...
  3. Windows Performance Analyzer question

Windows Performance Analyzer question: This morning I downloaded and Microsoft immediately installed "Windows Performance Analyzer" on my laptop to see how well my system is behaving on startup. The problem is that I do not know how to use it. Something produces ETFs that the analyzer reports on, but I don't know...
  4. Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Performance Recorder and Analyzer: I'm trying to figure out why one of my computers is snappier than the other when they both have virtually identical hardware. These two Windows performance tools seem like a good way to go, but they present the user with a daunting quantity of data. I'm starting with...
  5. Slow Windows 10 boot, need help analyzing Windows Performance Analyzer file

Slow Windows 10 boot, need help analyzing Windows Performance Analyzer file: After BIOS Post, the screen sits at the Windows Logo spinning for about 80-90 seconds before then moving to the login screen. This is after either a cold boot or restart. In the ETL, I am not seeing a long Pre Session boot, Session Initialize, Winlogon, or ExplorerInit. My OS...
  6. Slow boot, performance degradartions, and need help about WPAWindows Performance Analyzer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Slow boot, performance degradartions, and need help about WPAWindows Performance Analyzer: Hello. I need help about issues above, i had to describe it completely for better guidance. Sorry if it takes long to read but needed help. I've been having performance issues since i installed windows 10. Slow boot, bad performance mostly, sometimesinfinite black screen...
  7. Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer

Win10 Slow boot time. Help debug with Windows Performance Analyzer: My win10 has a long boot time -approx. 1 minute till boot main path ends. I am trying to figure out what causes this long boot delay. I also use Acronis boot manager. This is a pre boot sequence which happens before windows boot starts. The recording I refer to happened after...
  8. Windows Performance Analyzer helps you analyze performance of a system

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Performance Analyzer helps you analyze performance of a system: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]In this fast-paced world, delays as small as a second can impact business metrics. So, a thorough analysis of performance characteristics likely causing these delays is essential. Windows Performance Analyzer offers valuable information in this regard. The...
  9. Windows Performance Analyzer error

Windows Performance Analyzer error: I've been trying to run Windows Performance Analyzer to analyze a trace to resolve slow boots. The version of the ADK I used to install the Windows Performance Toolkit is the latest one, for Windows 10 1803, as I'm currently on 17134.81. After running the Windows...
  10. Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit

in Windows 10 News
    Analyzing website performance with the Windows Performance Toolkit: Slow pages lose users: research from Bing and Google indicates that delays as small as half a second can impact business metrics. To build fast sites, developers need powerful tools to analyze the performance of their sites and debug issues. In-browser tools like the F12...