Windows 10: Help With Windows Search (Indexing Options) 19025 Build

Discus and support Help With Windows Search (Indexing Options) 19025 Build in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying out a test on build 19025 with Windows search, indexing my drives, however I have come across an issue which may have been present with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CallMeSteven, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Help With Windows Search (Indexing Options) 19025 Build

I am trying out a test on build 19025 with Windows search, indexing my drives, however I have come across an issue which may have been present with previous builds.

Under Indexing Options/Modify/Show All Locations - one of my external drives show up, but not the other! Any idea's how to get Windows Search to index it? (It is a Seagate Backup Plus Drive. I have two the same, one shows up one does not)

Thanks

:)

CallMeSteven, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 Windows Search / Indexing Stops Completing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type Services.msc In the search box.
    • Select Windows Search
    • Restart the services and set the service as Automatic
    If the issue persist try performing Rebuilding Index again.

To rebuild the index follow the steps below:

• Open the Control Panel from the Start menu.
    • Open Indexing Options in the Control Panel.
    • Select the Advanced button in the Indexing Options window.
    • Select Rebuild in the Troubleshooting section of the Advanced Options window.
    • Select OK when it asks if you’re sure you want to re-build the search index.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Help fixing windows search: Windows search service and indexing do not work. Maybe Registry problem.

Hi Alan,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We understand the inconvenience caused and we will try our best to resolve the issue.

We appreciate you fro trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to run Search and Indexing troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• a. Type Troubleshooting in the Search box from the desktop.

b. Select the Troubleshooting option.

c. Select View All option and select the Search and Indexing.

d. Click on Next to perform the Search and Indexing troubleshooter and follow the steps.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Nov 21, 2019
  4. David Haz Win User

Help With Windows Search (Indexing Options) 19025 Build

Unable to make changes in Indexing Options

Hello,

We suggest to run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter and check if it helps with the indexing issue you are experiencing.

Here's how you may run the Search and Indexing Troubleshooter:

• Press the Windows key + X, and then click
      Control Panel
    • Type Troubleshooting, and then click View all.
    • Click Search and Indexing.
    • Follow the steps provided by the troubleshooter.

Tell us how it goes.

Regards.

David Haz, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Help With Windows Search (Indexing Options) 19025 Build

1. Help With Windows Search (Indexing Options) 19025 Build - Similar Threads - Help Search Indexing

2. Windows Search Index

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Search Index: Hi,When I search my computer, I can find files with the word I'm searching for. But what I want to find is the contents of office files that have the word I searched for. So I want to add the contents of office files to the search index.In the search index advanced settings...
  3. Windows Search Index

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Search Index: Hi,When I search my computer, I can find files with the word I'm searching for. But what I want to find is the contents of office files that have the word I searched for. So I want to add the contents of office files to the search index.In the search index advanced settings...
  4. windows search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows search and indexing: hello the search in taskbar stopped working for some reason it i think crashes when i type or click on something in it, i have tried running the trouble shooter multiple times nothing, did this thing with power shell still nothing, did the w + r and then command Still nothing...
  5. windows search and indexing

in Cortana
    windows search and indexing: 1 my windows search does not search the d directory. 2 it happened at once that my index stopped working, when i go to the settings is crashes, i have tried all methods like run, command prompt, and at the end i restarted windows from iso, now i don't know what else i can...
  6. Help with likely Search/Indexing issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with likely Search/Indexing issues: Hi! Firstly, thanks for reading and giving me your time! I ran into the issues around late November (and I've been in a cycle of procrastinating and forgetting to make this post since), seemingly after my computer restarted incorrectly and I was hit with a blue screen,...
  7. Window search and indexing

in Cortana
    Window search and indexing: I can only fine file names if i type a word in search box but i want to find indexed file content and files which contain the word i type. I tried to solve in many ways such as rebuilding indexes and changing permissions but nothing got different. I don't have such problems...
  8. Windows Search and Indexing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Search and Indexing: When I rebuild the index, I get the message "indexing complete" after a couple of hours, but only 4,000 files are indexed, which is only a small percentage of the total number of files in the directories I've listed for indexing. One directory contains over 10,000 files, a...
  9. Help With Windows Search (Indexing Options) 19025 Build

in Cortana
    Help With Windows Search (Indexing Options) 19025 Build: I am trying out a test on build 19025 with Windows search, indexing my drives, however I have come across an issue which may have been present with previous builds. Under Indexing Options/Modify/Show All Locations - one of my (same make) external drives show up, but not the...
  10. Help With Windows Search (Indexing Options) 19025 Build

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help With Windows Search (Indexing Options) 19025 Build: I am trying out a test on build 19025 with Windows search, indexing my drives, however I have come across an issue which may have been present with previous builds. Under Indexing Options/Modify/Show All Locations - one of my external drives show up, but not the other! Any...