Windows 10: Help with Windows Services

Discus and support Help with Windows Services in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I can't activate Windows services Update, says access is denied, I am an administrator, but still do not let me activate the services, no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/0jadide0, Jul 5, 2020.

1. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jul 5, 2020
  2. Help with the Windows Search Service failed

Hi,

Having some damaged system components is one of the possible causes why the services in the system are failing. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows is installed on your computer?
    • What changes have you made to your computer before this issue occurred?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest refreshing the Windows Search service. To do so, follow these steps:

• Press the Windows key + R to pull-up the Run box.
    • In the Run box, type services.msc and then hit the Enter key.
    • In the Services window, look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Stop.
    • Restart your computer.
    • Pull-up the Services window again.
    • Look for Windows Search, right-click on it and then choose Start.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 5, 2020
  3. Help with Windows Services

Securing Windows 2000/XP/Server 2003 services HOW TO

I will try changing their settings sometime, the one thing I've noticed about this guide is that it doesn't list the Windows services that NEED to be left as local system, so some people might not be too sure what they're doing and worry about any that aren't listed. Just a suggestion that you might want to include in any future revisions. *Smile Help with Windows Services :)

The non-default ones I have that you have not listed are:

.Net Runtime Optimization Service v2.0.50727_X86
    Ati HotKey Poller
    ATI Smart
    AVG E-mail Scanner
    AVG7 Alert Manager Server
    AVG7 Update Service
    BlueSoleil Hid Service
    Bluetooth Support Service
    ewido anti-spyware 4.0 guard
    iPod Service
    Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service
    Service Layer
    Windows Defender Service

The problem is that the only ones of these I actually use are The AVG and Windows Defender services and occasionally the "Service Layer" service (related to Nokia PC Suite) and the "Messenger Sharing USN Journal Reader Service" (related to WindowsLive Messenger). Anyway, I'll see how much I can secure those and post back how I get on. I'll try to test it sometime this week just I'm a bit waring of changing the AVG settings because the only way to test if it was still working would be for a virus to be detected... and I' rather I didn't get viruses!

Jimmy 2004, Jul 5, 2020
Thema:

Help with Windows Services

1. Help with Windows Services - Similar Threads - Help Services

2. Need help with: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need help with: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.: Hi so im getting this thing every time I try to log in: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. I’ve searched up a few things to fix it, I entered safe mode and tried logging in with it but it would not let me log in either. I would...
  3. Need help with: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.: Hi so im getting this thing every time I try to log in: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded. I’ve searched up a few things to fix it, I entered safe mode and tried logging in with it but it would not let me log in either. I would...
  4. Need help with: The User Profile Service service failed the sign-in.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Why is there no help from microsoft - Service requests keeps getting cancelled without...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no help from microsoft - Service requests keeps getting cancelled without...: I recently had to get a new MB due to a fualty PCI-e slot and am trying to get my windows activatedYes, I've tried everything I could find online...I've tried the troubleshooter and eventually tried to reach out toMicrosoft support to get my windows activated but my service...
  6. Why is there no help from microsoft - Service requests keeps getting cancelled without...

Why is there no help from microsoft - Service requests keeps getting cancelled without...: I recently had to get a new MB due to a fualty PCI-e slot and am trying to get my windows activatedYes, I've tried everything I could find online...I've tried the troubleshooter and eventually tried to reach out toMicrosoft support to get my windows activated but my service...
  7. Why is there no help from microsoft - Service requests keeps getting cancelled without...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - No help from MICROSOFT SUPPORT STAFF / LENOVO SERVICE...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - No help from MICROSOFT SUPPORT STAFF / LENOVO SERVICE...: Hi ALL, I have a year old Lenovo legion 5 2022 , It was all perfect until last 5 months since when I have been facing blue screen error. Error is only when I cold start the laptop in morning after shutting down at night. It was "HYPERVISOR ERROR" followed by a Automatic...
  9. BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - No help from MICROSOFT SUPPORT STAFF / LENOVO SERVICE...

BSOD - UNEXPECTED KERNAL TRAP MODE - No help from MICROSOFT SUPPORT STAFF / LENOVO SERVICE...: Hi ALL, I have a year old Lenovo legion 5 2022 , It was all perfect until last 5 months since when I have been facing blue screen error. Error is only when I cold start the laptop in morning after shutting down at night. It was "HYPERVISOR ERROR" followed by a Automatic...
  10. Can someone help me with windows 11 services

Can someone help me with windows 11 services: Every timeIi try to play a game my background apps close and whenIi exit the game they come back and multiple windows with different services like widget.exe, searchost.exe, texthostinput.exe and it says the system detected an overrun of a stack-based buffer in this...