Windows 10: Help with Windows Update Advanced Options

Discus and support Help with Windows Update Advanced Options in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I attempt to turn on automatically download updates option, and the on button switches to off without me clicking anything. I have windows 10 1803... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VanitasLover, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Help with Windows Update Advanced Options

I attempt to turn on automatically download updates option, and the on button switches to off without me clicking anything.

I have windows 10 1803

How do I fix this, so I can be ready for the future upgrades for the windows 10 versions that come up.

:)

VanitasLover, Dec 6, 2018

2. Windows Update Advanced Options missing from update page

Hi Margo,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

You may follow the steps provided below and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

• Press Windows key + I and select update and security
      >> Advanced options >>choose how updates are delivered>>toggle the switch to
      OFF.
    Hope this information helps, let us know if you need further assistance.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Windows Update Options

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1: Windows Update.

Follow the steps provided below to change update settings.

• Go to start page and type
      Windows Updates

• Click on Windows Update settings
      under settings.

• Click on Advance options

• Under “Choose how Updates get installed”. In the drop down menu, select the option which is convenient to you.

• Click on Save.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 6, 2018
  4. AsRock Win User

Help with Windows Update Advanced Options

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Help with Windows Update Advanced Options

1. Help with Windows Update Advanced Options - Similar Threads - Help Update Advanced

2. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  3. Advanced Options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Advanced Options: So I went to Advanced Options by pressing restart and pressing and holding shift because I couldn't log in because it says 0x80090016 and I tried all of the methods and It wouldn't work, so I just settled for resetting my PC, but when I tried to reset my PC it just f's it up,...
  4. Advanced Options

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  6. Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update > Advanced options > Optional updates: Under Driver updates I currently have 9 apparent updates but thyere is no apparent way to get any additional information regarding these updates to know if I even need to install the updates.How do I get any additional information?...
  7. Windows Advanced options are not appearing, Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Advanced options are not appearing, Help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Derzocker39 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ku40od/windows_advanced_options_are_not_appearing_help/
  8. Windows update advanced options freezing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update advanced options freezing: I clicked on windows update advanced options and it freezes the settings. I tried searching it in the start menu of windows 10 and clicked "Windows Update Advanced Options" and it brings me to the windows update options and the same thing happens when i click advanced...
  9. Windows boots up at Advanced Options, help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows boots up at Advanced Options, help!: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Tijmen-Huisman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hyb2ri/windows_boots_up_at_advanced_options_help/
  10. advanced options

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    advanced options: computer stuck in advance options and options are turn of pc and advacned options https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advanced-options/0a8f8501-2e71-41bb-9070-103ca9e25b35

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows update advanced options

2. advanced windows update options

3. advanced windows update

4. update advanced options,
  5. windows update advanced option,
  6. windows update advanced,
  7. updates advanced options,
  8. advanced update option,
  9. advanced windows update option,
  10. advance windows updates option,
  11. advanced update options,