Windows 10: Help with work from home setup

Discus and support Help with work from home setup in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi all, I currently work from home and login through Citrix to my work VDI. I noticed I can use lots of the applications like Microsoft office via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HDZEE, Dec 2, 2020.

1. /u/HDZEE Win User

Help with work from home setup

Hi all,

I currently work from home and login through Citrix to my work VDI. I noticed I can use lots of the applications like Microsoft office via Citrix as standalone applications (not through my work VDI). This seems to work better than the VDI as things are faster and smoother (no lag or freezing like in the VDI). This has lead me to think that if I sign in to my personal MS Office programs with my work account then things may woke better. However I don’t want to associate any of my personal stuff with work stuff. So here are my questions:

• If I make a separate windows login for work and sign in to all my MS office programs with my work account, will this still be tied in with my personal MS office or will this keep things separate?
    • Additionally if a separate windows login isn’t enough would a virtual desktop of some sort help?

Really appreciate the help. Thanks.

submitted by /u/HDZEE
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HDZEE, Dec 2, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Dec 2, 2020
  3. Steve C Win User
    Need Serious Help: How To Record Video of What is Done on my PC?

I suggest the following simple steps:

1. Set the autosave options in MS Office to a low value say 5 minutes.
    2. Setup file history to autosave frequently - the shortest period is 5 mins
    3. Install Macrium Reflect Free and configure it to do a daily incremental system backup

You should be well covered if you do the above to protect your key files.

Steve C, Dec 2, 2020
  4. Help with work from home setup

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Help with work from home setup

1. Help with work from home setup - Similar Threads - Help home setup

2. Dual monitor setup not working, please help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor setup not working, please help!: I am having trouble connecting my dual monitor setup. Both monitors display the same screen. However, my laptop does not recognize that they are not the same monitor. I have tried both detecting and identifying the monitors, but they display the same identity. I have tried...
  3. Dual monitor setup not working, please help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor setup not working, please help!: I am having trouble connecting my dual monitor setup. Both monitors display the same screen. However, my laptop does not recognize that they are not the same monitor. I have tried both detecting and identifying the monitors, but they display the same identity. I have tried...
  4. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  5. Setup a homegroup or a home network.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setup a homegroup or a home network.: HelloI want to setup a homegroup or a home network.The problem is that I do not manage to setup both PCs to the same homegroup.Printer tells me, that PC 1 is not in same Network as PC 2.Is the problem maybe the Devolo Powerline on which PC 2 is running?Thanks in advance for...
  6. home network setup

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    home network setup: About the 5th time I've attempted to reestablish wireless connection from my desktop pc to my laptop, and also laptop to printer thru desktop. It used to work fine, now I can access desktop thru LT but can't even see LP from DT. Web and windows support seems to go in endless...
  7. Printer setup help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printer setup help: I need to setup my printer preferences to print my checks in reverse order. How do I go about doing that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/printer-setup-help/e26079ce-312f-4047-8ae8-8be15693eac8
  8. Kiosk setup Help

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Kiosk setup Help: I am trying to change the default kiosk app from Edge to IE. I am not trying to use the user account that i am logged in to be on kiosk mode rather I am trying to use the local account (through Users/Set up a kiosk). When I create a new local account for kiosk and give it a...
  9. how to setup home networking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to setup home networking: How to setup a 2 person network https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-setup-home-networking/f481ec38-788c-4133-b5fe-666153409197
  10. Installation setup Home instead of Pro.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation setup Home instead of Pro.: Today I had to do a clean install of Win10 which I did from a USB with the Win 10 install software on it. When completed the installation I notice it is now running 10 Home. When I run ShowKey it seems that the installation has picked up the original 8.1 OEM key from...