Windows 10: Help with "you'll need to provide administrator permission ...".

Discus and support Help with "you'll need to provide administrator permission ...". in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am the only user on this computer and when I got that message I went to 'Downloads folder> Properties > Security tab'. The Group Everyone doesn't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAPIII, Dec 18, 2018.

1. LAPIII Win User

Help with "you'll need to provide administrator permission ...".

I am the only user on this computer and when I got that message I went to 'Downloads folder> Properties > Security tab'. The Group Everyone doesn't have any clickable boxes under Permissions, the rest do and every option under Allow is checked.

Why can I just give permissions to the entire drive?

:)

LAPIII, Dec 18, 2018
  2. Marby Rey Win User

no administrator permission

Hi Ryan,

Let us assist you to have an Administrator permission. To start, follow the steps below to enable the Windows Super Administrator Account.

• Type CMD on the search box.
    • CMD will appear at top.
    • Right click on it, then choose Run as administrator.
    • Type this command & hit Enter: Net user administrator /active:yes.
    • After you enable the Super Administrator account, log out on your existing account then log into Super Administrator account.
    • On the Super Administrator account, you can now create an Administrator account or give Administrator permission on the existing account.

After you created an Administrator account, we suggest that you disable the Super Administrator account by following the same steps and using this command:
    Net user administrator /active:no.

Let us know how it goes.

Marby Rey, Dec 18, 2018
  3. xp ntfs permissions erased - help!

NEVER, ever, remove FULL CONTROL permissions in the Access Control Lists/rights priveleges from:

• Administators Group
    • YOUR local Administrator User
    • SYSTEM
    on NTFS rights on your disks (via Explorer.exe rightclick properties menu, security tab) that use that filesystem, OR in the REGISTRY either, via rightclick on HIVES/KEYS permissions popup menu options...

(Sure way to lock yourself out, period, & I have done it myself early on w/ NTFS filesystems &/or the Registry before... only way to learn sometimes, is making mistakes!)

* Keep this in mind, those of you that start experimenting w/ security @ these 2 levels!

APK

P.S.=> Leaving them @ FULL POWER, in both areas, usually 9/10 times allows you to get back into your rig (logging on as your LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR USER, to fix it), & make alterations to rights/acl's as needed, to "get it right", eventually... especially when you're still learning/experimenting! apk

Alec§taar, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Pavan_N Win User

You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file

Hi,

Follow the Steps below and check if that helps.

As you are unable to transfer some files from an external hard drive to the computer requesting for Administrator permissions, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to provide administrator permissions to the particular folder and check if it
    helps.

• Right click on the folder and select
      Properties.
    • Click on Edit button in Properties windows. Click ok to confirm UAC elevation request.
    • Select user/group from permission windows or click
      Add to add other user or group.
    • Now under Permission section check the rights which you want to grant i.e. check “Full Control” under the “Allow” column to assign full access rights control permissions. (Generally we add ‘Everyone’ to given permission to all
      the users on the computer).
    • Edit the permission to Full Control for ‘Everyone’.
    • Click OK for changes to take effect and click ok again to exit from Properties window.

Do let us know if you are able to transfer files to PC. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

1. Help with "you'll need to provide administrator permission ...". - Similar Threads - Help you'll need

2. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder.": In trying to copy a folder from a flash drive to my computer, I get the message "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."The instructions I have seen for fixing the problem seem dated and the problem unresolved but they say to go to 'Properties'...
  3. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder.": In trying to copy a folder from a flash drive to my computer, I get the message "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."The instructions I have seen for fixing the problem seem dated and the problem unresolved but they say to go to 'Properties'...
  4. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to move this folder."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. you'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    you'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this folder: Any external drive I connect to my computer SD card, external HD, USB stick I can't operate normally. If there are any files - I can see and use all of them but i am not able to copy them or delete them from the external hard disk or USB . Also I am not able to copy any file...
  6. You'll need to provide administrator permission to rename this folder

in Windows 10 Support
    You'll need to provide administrator permission to rename this folder: I don't get it. I get this message from Win10 Home: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to rename this folder" but when I click the "continue" button, it does it anyway. This happens for various things in Win10. It pops up the messages for nothing since it does...
  7. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file"

"You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file": I've seen other locked threads about this, but none of them suggested solutions that I have been able to get to work. I am trying to copy MP3 files from an old computer to a new one, via an external hard drive. When I attempt to transfer them from the hard drive to the new...
  8. You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file

You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy this file: Greetings, I am trying to copy some files from my old computer to my new one. Old computer is Windows 7 Pro. New computer is Windows 10 Pro. I'm using an external USB hard drive to do the transfer. Most files and folders are moving just fine. One will not copy from the...
  9. "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file"

in Windows 10 Support
    "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file": I get this message when I try deleting a file from one of my external backup drives: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to delete this file" and when I try to copy a file to the drive I get: "You'll need to provide administrator permission to copy to this...
  10. "You'll need to provide admin permission to..." - Problem/Need Help

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "You'll need to provide admin permission to..." - Problem/Need Help: I took out a drive from from an old machine (circa 2007-2009). Machine died but the drive is fine. I plugged the drive into a BlacX USB drive docking station, and trying to copy/move files from this drive to my NAS. I'm getting "You'll need to provide administrator...