Windows 10: Help with youtube now playing videos

Discus and support Help with youtube now playing videos in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I cannot watch youtube on my PC running windows 10. When i open youtube any video that i try to watch just keeps buffering and doesnt want to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Old-Firehand, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Help with youtube now playing videos

So I cannot watch youtube on my PC running windows 10. When i open youtube any video that i try to watch just keeps buffering and doesnt want to play when it worked about 1 hour ago. I will try to update windows and update if that works. Youtube works fine on my macbook running chrome. Until my update please let me know if you know about any fixes.

submitted by /u/Old-Firehand
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Old-Firehand, Nov 18, 2020
  2. Nafine Win User

Troubleshooting help: YouTube videos won't play on Windows 10 PC

I just got a new Windows 10 PC & I'm finding that it won't play YouTube videos. Specifically YouTube. In the video area the loading indicator circles indefinitely and I see this message...

Additional info & steps I've tried...

• Netflix plays flawlessly
    • Other Macs, PCs, iOS & Android devices on the same network play YouTube videos no problem
    • I restarted the machine
    • Restarted the cable modem
    • The machine can do other Internet stuff fine -- browse websites, email, etc.
    • I cleared the browser cache & browsing data
    • I tried a different browser (I tried Chrome & MS Edge)
    • I looked under "Windows Defender Security Center > App & browser control" but I don't see anything there about blocking videos.
    • Turned off ad blocker
    • Tried connecting via Ethernet and wi-fi
    • No peripherals connected to the machine

System info

Gigabyte Aero 15x
    Windows 10 Pro

Version 1803

Installed on 8/14/2018

OS build 17134.228

Any help, advice, or further troubleshooting steps would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Nafine, Nov 18, 2020
  3. YouTube videos not playing on Nokia Lumia

I have a Nokia Lumia 635 with Windows 8.1, and recently I'm getting a "this video is not playable" message on some videos on YouTube, mostly studio tracks. They play on my pc though. Is it YouTube or is it my phone? Is there anything I can do about it?
    The videos are in my likes list but I cant watch them on my phone. Unplayable videos used to not come up in search results either and now they do as of the last few days. : ( Suggestions?

Brightphoebus, Nov 18, 2020
  4. Help with youtube now playing videos

KB3149135 and KB3163018 causing Youtube (or other videos) unable to play at full screen mode.

To your questions:

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which browser are you using to browse YouTube videos (Edge, Internet Explorer, other
      • All: Chrome, Edge, IE.

• Did you check if similar issue persists on browsing YouTube videos on other browse
      • Yes, happens on all browsers.

• Does the issue occur on playing videos saved in the system drives?
      • No, only online videos on browsers.
    I tried your suggestion twice to uninstall the drivers and reinstalling it again, didnt work.

I also tried installing the update in clean boot, also didnt work.

I am sure it is not a browser issue. Here is my debug:

I went one step further.

Upon installing the 2 updates, I uninstalled security update KB3163018 only, and i was able to play full screen mode again. BUT, problem is Windows keeps forcing me to install KB3163018 every time!!! And when this KB3163018 is installed, my youtube can't
    play full screen mode again. And I have to go programs feature to uninstall this update everyday! Please help address this issue. Thanks!

Gim GuanTan, Nov 18, 2020
Thema:

Help with youtube now playing videos

1. Help with youtube now playing videos - Similar Threads - Help youtube playing

2. Youtube video not playing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Youtube video not playing in windows 11: I have issue with youtube videos. Whenever I turn on my laptop, sometimes the youtube video plays normally but sometimes it just won't play. all the comments and everythings are loaded but the video keeps on buffering. THIS DOENOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIMES. SOMETIMES IT PLAYS ANS...
  3. Youtube video not playing in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Youtube video not playing in windows 11: I have issue with youtube videos. Whenever I turn on my laptop, sometimes the youtube video plays normally but sometimes it just won't play. all the comments and everythings are loaded but the video keeps on buffering. THIS DOENOT HAPPEN ALL THE TIMES. SOMETIMES IT PLAYS ANS...
  4. YouTube Videos are not Playing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    YouTube Videos are not Playing: [ATTACH] See the white space instead video. that's my problem guys. Yesterday Everything was fine but toady when I tried to play any video on YouTube this was happening also comment section doesn't get loaded. and its just happening with YouTube only, other video websites...
  5. youtube videos are not playing with actual speed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    youtube videos are not playing with actual speed.: Hi, while watching youtube kid pressed some random keyboard key combination near the bottom of the keyboard, now youtube videos have some weird slow-motion alien horror ghost demons like voiceAnd youtube videos play in slow motion. But offline videos played in window media...
  6. Won't play YouTube video

in Windows 10 Customization
    Won't play YouTube video: we set up restrictions when purchased the laptop. how do we now release the restrictions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wont-play-youtube-video/141a4a2f-5518-4d70-aafb-c06e593bbaa7
  7. Issues while playing videos on YouTube

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues while playing videos on YouTube: Whenever I try to watch videos on youtube, my laptop won't play them and just keep loading. Every time I try, the audio function stops working and then the video will play. I have ran the troubleshoot for the audio and it says it's fixed but then the video won't play again....
  8. YouTube videos do not play in Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube videos do not play in Chrome: Hello Everybody! Today I wanted to watch some YouTube videos but the videos never played. If I press the Play button it doesn't play but I can drag the slider around. It has been happening for a few days and it's getting really annoying! Sometimes videos will play and...
  9. Youtube videos will not play the video part

in Browsers and Email
    Youtube videos will not play the video part: When I try to watch videos on youtube, I only get the opening picture or a black screen. The audio plays fine. Is there something I need to reset? 96826
  10. Crashed while playing a Youtube video

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashed while playing a Youtube video: I was watching Youtube on Chrome when it happened. I walked away from my computer so I'm not positive as to what else might have been open. I think 5KPlayer (a video player for Windows 10) was open too (per the system tray icon). Steam might have also been running. I got the...