Windows 10: [HELP] Wordpad Document Blank?

Discus and support [HELP] Wordpad Document Blank? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was working on a document in Wordpad and then my laptop screen went black.. not sure why. So I force restarted my laptop and then when it booted up,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VirulentViper, Feb 11, 2020.

1. [HELP] Wordpad Document Blank?

I was working on a document in Wordpad and then my laptop screen went black.. not sure why. So I force restarted my laptop and then when it booted up, I re-opened the document that I was working on and now it's blank. I know that the space occupied by the text I had before is still there, because I can scroll quite a bit and the file size is 31.5kb so there's definitely stuff in the document. It's just blank. My screen has went black before and I've force-restarted it before but I've never lost any documents or anything as a result. Does anybody know if there's a way to fix this or recover what I lost? I was going to do a system restore but those don't restore any documents, from my understanding.

submitted by /u/VirulentViper
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VirulentViper, Feb 11, 2020

2. WordPad documents won't print

Windows 8.1, Canon Pixma MG6821 wireless printer, everything, ANYthing, prints correctly EXCEPT "WordPad" documents, attempting to print from WordPad FILES or from Documents, printer just cycles a blank page. I've tried POSSIBLY everything EXCEPT correct
    solution, which I evidently haven't yet found and/or attempted. Helpful suggestions to allow me to print my WordPad documents will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, ~ Robert (age 82 not very tech savy senior)

RobertHigdon, Feb 11, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Wordpad documents being saved to Word

Hi Mike

If RTF documents are opening in Word:

Right click an RTF document, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open xxx . . .'

If Wordpad is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Wordpad should be in that list . . .

Choosing Wordpad form one of those lists will reset the file associations on RTF documents and they should then automatically open in Wordpad . . .

DaveM121, Feb 11, 2020
  4. WHS
    whs Win User

[HELP] Wordpad Document Blank?

word documents saved as wordpad documents

Use 'Save as' and choose from the list of options.

[HELP] Wordpad Document Blank? [​IMG]

Thema:

[HELP] Wordpad Document Blank?

1. [HELP] Wordpad Document Blank? - Similar Threads - HELP Wordpad Document

2. WordPad Document Now Blank

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WordPad Document Now Blank: I've been writing for a daily poetry contest and decided to create a quick WordPad document as my copy of some of my more recent submissions, in case there was some error but also because I planned to use the contents in my actual book. I last updated it yesterday and today I...
  3. WordPad Document Now Blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WordPad Document Now Blank: I've been writing for a daily poetry contest and decided to create a quick WordPad document as my copy of some of my more recent submissions, in case there was some error but also because I planned to use the contents in my actual book. I last updated it yesterday and today I...
  4. WordPad Document Now Blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. WordPad documents

WordPad documents: Where do I find saved documents in WordPad? Moved from: Microsoft Education/ Windows 10 / Files, folders, & storage https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-documents/abb90273-51b5-4348-bf14-b9e8f14627b2
  6. Wordpad document gone blank

Wordpad document gone blank: Hi, I spent several weeks writing a rich text document in wordpad. Today I went to save the document on my desktop as normal, but is said there wasnt enough space to save it, so I deleted my trash to make more room, and suddenly my document closed and when i opened it again...
  7. Blank Wordpad document

Blank Wordpad document: HELP! So I've recently been using Wordpad to complete my college coursework that is due to be submitted soon. I'd completed half of the coursework and saved it as normal before closing it. A couple of days later to my horror, I opened the file to see that all of the text...
  8. encrypted document on wordpad

encrypted document on wordpad: I created an important document on wordpad and opened it to edit. The document was encrypted. I did not encrypt the document or anything else. This certain document is the only one encrypted on wordpad. How do I recover my document ?...
  9. WORDPAD DOCUMENT

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WORDPAD DOCUMENT: HOW CAN I EMAIL THE DOCUMENT I MADE IN WORDPAD? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wordpad-document/d2ec3ac6-c4ba-425a-ad90-cb8bb0123709"
  10. Save a document in WordPad

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Save a document in WordPad: WordPad will NOT let me save a document....I keep getting a message saying the name is not valid no matter what I try to name it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/save-a-document-in-wordpad/3ec3e6d2-8a72-40eb-8e04-f214344ca462

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my wordpad document is blank

2. word pad rtf document blank

3. fix wordpad in windows 10 so it will print currwnt document instead of blank pages