Windows 10: HELP! X370 Gaming 5 cant instal Windows on my NVME

Discus and support HELP! X370 Gaming 5 cant instal Windows on my NVME in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; HI I'm trying to install W10 on my NVME SSD (ADATA SX 8200PRO) but every time I try error is occurring. - in w10 installer "your hardware may not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Viszera, Nov 3, 2019.

1. HELP! X370 Gaming 5 cant instal Windows on my NVME

HI

I'm trying to install W10 on my NVME SSD (ADATA SX 8200PRO) but every time I try error is occurring.

- in w10 installer "your hardware may not support this drive as bootable" (but i found out that some people have instaled windows on m.2 on their mobos)

- if i somehow manage to complete installation after a reboot all files are missing - windowsload.efi and others necessary for eg for a repair procedure

- after installation whole installation procedure starts all over again

I was trying changing the drive to gpt or to mbr (on mbr its telling me that I can not instal w10)

I was switching to storage boot option as legacy or UEFI

I was switching the CSM support and secure boot

I tried different boot option

I tried using diskpart to make bootable volumen

I have set SATA mode in to AHCI and disabled nvme Raid

I tried on bios version 35 and 42e

nothing seems to help and I dont know what else can I do HELP! X370 Gaming 5 cant instal Windows on my NVME :((

PS. my SATA SSD installed win10 just fine

submitted by /u/Viszera
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Viszera, Nov 3, 2019

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 3, 2019
  3. cnenzel Win User
    AMD X370 Chipset - NVMe boot device - Driver issue

Mostly posting this in case others run into this issue.

I have an AMD Ryzen system with an Asus X370 motherboard and two SATA drives in a RAID 1 array booting from a Western Digital NVMe stick

Last night at some point the system - Newly upgraded to Windows 1903 with all available post upgrade patches - that the
    Standard NVM Express Controller driver wasn't sufficient for the NVMe stick not running RAID mode (disabled in BIOS) and installed the
    AMD-RAID Bottom Device and AMD-RAID Controller [Storport] drivers for it.

It did this silently. I rebooted to cure a different issue and Windows 10 ended up in a boot loop.

I only realized what actually happened after I restored a Macrium Reflect (HIGHLY RECOMMENDED) image of the C: drive (NVMe) from the night before the reboot, opened device manager and saw what it had done.

I don't know of an easy way to figure out which AMD-RAID Bottom Device
    and AMD-RAID-Controller [Storport] are assigned to which device so I temporarily put the NMVe stick into RAID mode so it would boot and disabled RAID for the remainder of the SATA devices. This let me boot, change the driver back to the
    Standard NVM Express Controller Driver (because now there is only one AMD-RAID Bottom Device and AMD-RAID-Controller [Storport]
    listed in device manager) , disable NVMe RAID, enable SATA RAID and resolve the issue.

Whew. Now, if it boot loops again, my first troubleshooting step will be to turn on RAID mode for the NVMe stick and see if that fixes the boot issue... Instead of spending an hour trying to get the system to see the F8 key being spammed so I could select
    the Reflect recovery USB stick and reimage the NMVe stick...

cnenzel, Nov 3, 2019
  4. HELP! X370 Gaming 5 cant instal Windows on my NVME

Windows 10 installer don't detect NVMe drive

Thanks. This helped but only partly.

NVMe disk is now listed in choose-disk step but installer says that its unable to install WIndows on this disk because it has MBR partition. Windows can only be installed on GPT disks in EFI systems.

What should i do now ?

WojciechCe, Nov 3, 2019
Thema:

HELP! X370 Gaming 5 cant instal Windows on my NVME

1. HELP! X370 Gaming 5 cant instal Windows on my NVME - Similar Threads - HELP X370 Gaming

2. Cant install games after clean install of Win10... HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install games after clean install of Win10... HELP!: hello, Im having trouble installing games via Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and basic installers... Recently locked out of my system and preformed a clean install via win10 media from a flash drive, attempt to install minecraft and get hit with error code 0x87e00196, its as if...
  3. Cant install games after clean install of Win10... HELP!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant install games after clean install of Win10... HELP!: hello, Im having trouble installing games via Microsoft Store, Xbox App, and basic installers... Recently locked out of my system and preformed a clean install via win10 media from a flash drive, attempt to install minecraft and get hit with error code 0x87e00196, its as if...
  4. cant instal the game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant instal the game: i had bought SkyrimWindows11 but i cant download iterror code 0x87e00196gametag rootpuki have already performed all basic troubleshooting steps we have for this such as updating your Windows to the latest version, resetting all gaming apps in my PC, reinstalling Gaming...
  5. cant install games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant install games: for some reason when i go to skul: the hero slayer's page this frown face shows up , but in any other game its normal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-games/b168643e-185b-41db-90d4-de81e22ba0fa
  6. 2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS...: 2 NVMe in PCIe are no longer recognized in Windows after config change in BIOS X370 / ASUS Hyper M.2 x16 Card V2First, it worked perfectly before...I have 3 NVMe, and a couple of S-ATA SSDs and HDDs... A real bunch of disks, just to know..My Mainboard is an ASRock Fatal1ty...
  7. Ultimate Games for Girls! version 5 installation help.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ultimate Games for Girls! version 5 installation help.: I'm using a Windows 10 laptop. I bought this game called Ultimate Games For Girls! many years ago, and I used to play it a lot, but all of a sudden, it stopped installing correctly. I go through the installation wizard like normal and it installs, but the game icon doesn't...
  8. Cant install gears 5

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant install gears 5: im on the 1903 update on the xbox beta app and when i try to preload the game it says i need to free up space. Everything else has downloaded to my e drive with over 1tb of free space just fine but gears wants to download to my c drive which doesnt have the room for it and i...
  9. AMD X370 Chipset - NVMe boot device - Driver issue

AMD X370 Chipset - NVMe boot device - Driver issue: Mostly posting this in case others run into this issue. I have an AMD Ryzen system with an Asus X370 motherboard and two SATA drives in a RAID 1 array booting from a Western Digital NVMe stick Last night at some point the system - Newly upgraded to Windows 1903 with all...
  10. X370 Professional Gaming Audio Driver Issue (Realtek)

X370 Professional Gaming Audio Driver Issue (Realtek): Hello, I am having an issue with audio on my motherboard. I can only hear system sounds play. I have tried uninstalling the Realtek drivers and that has helped and audio does work with the default windows audio driver. But when I try reinstalling Realtek high definition audio...