Windows 10: (Help) You'll need internet for this

Discus and support (Help) You'll need internet for this in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/--Happy-- [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jm18o7/help_youll_need_internet_for_this/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/--Happy--, Nov 1, 2020.

1. (Help) You'll need internet for this

/u/--Happy--, Nov 1, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Nov 1, 2020
  3. Arun B J Win User
    help ! windows 10 internet problem

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

Method 1: Hardware Troubleshoot

Windows has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with Internet connection. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your internet.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Internet Connection troubleshooter

Method 2: I suggest you to update drivers and check if that helps. If that issue persist please uninstall and reinstall latest drivers available in manufacturer website.

• Press “Windows + X” and select Device manger.
    • Select Network Adapter and expand the driver icon.
    • Right click on the driver icon and click on Update.
    • Follow the onscreen instructions to update the driver.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Arun B J, Nov 1, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

(Help) You'll need internet for this

Very low internet connection when I should be at 30 mbps

Hi,

It is possible that you're experiencing Intermittent Internet connection due to configurations or corrupted.outdated Network driver. To provide you the accurate resolution, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?
    • Does this happen when you played games or
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this article on how to troubleshoot Network connection
    issues. You can expand each section and try performing the steps you've not yet done.

If the issue still persists, we suggest that you follow these options to troubleshoot Network connection:

Option 1: Block connected Wi-Fi users.

Internet speed also depends on, how many users are using your Internet Connection. If many users connected to your WiFi Network. And, If any user is Downloading and Streaming Content, using your WiFi network. Then, you”ll face Windows 10 slow Wi-Fi
    Issue.

Option 2: Check Network Activity:

You can find out those Apps using Resource Monitor.

• Right Click on Start button and then click on Task Manager.
    • In Task Manager click on Performance tab, Now at the bottom of Performance tab, you will get
      Resource Manager option click it.
    • In Resource Monitor you will able to see all running process with network activity. (Means, It shows all Apps and Services that are using your Internet Connection.)
    • If you find out any Program or Services is sending or receiving many bytes (Internet unit). Then you can right-click on that services or program and can use end process button. This option will terminate all network activity of that Windows Service.

Option 3: Disable Windows Delivery Optimization:

• Open Windows 10 Settings App and click on Updates & Security.
    • In Windows Update Window, Click on Advanced Option.
    • Now, On Advanced Update page you”ll get Delivery Optimization option, Click on it.
    • Disable “Allow Downloads from Other PC’s” option.

Option 4: Disable Background Apps:

• Open Settings App and click on Privacy Option.
    • Now, In Privacy Menu, Scroll down and you”ll able to Find out “Background Apps” option. Click on that option.
    • After opening Background Apps settings you”ll get the option to disable it.

NOTE: If you don’t want to stop background activity of all Apps, Then you can also choose specific apps from same Settings.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Nov 1, 2020
Thema:

(Help) You'll need internet for this

1. (Help) You'll need internet for this - Similar Threads - Help You'll need

2. "You'll need the internet for this" What's this nonsense?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need the internet for this" What's this nonsense?: I was invited to try the new Outlook for Windows, but kept getting the announcement "You're not connected to the internet" which is completely untrue. Googling this problem led to piles and piles of useless advice. But when I clicked on advanced setup and chose gmail,...
  3. "You'll need the internet for this" What's this nonsense?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "You'll need the internet for this" What's this nonsense?: I was invited to try the new Outlook for Windows, but kept getting the announcement "You're not connected to the internet" which is completely untrue. Googling this problem led to piles and piles of useless advice. But when I clicked on advanced setup and chose gmail,...
  4. "You'll need internet for this"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "You'll need internet for this": Every 30 minutes, Microsoft Accounts keep popping up with this message:"You'll need internet for this.""It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again""0x800704cf"I close it, thinking that I don't need it. But eventually, it pops...
  5. "You'll need internet for this"

"You'll need internet for this": Every 30 minutes, Microsoft Accounts keep popping up with this message:"You'll need internet for this.""It doesn't look like you're connected to the internet. Check your connection and try again""0x800704cf"I close it, thinking that I don't need it. But eventually, it pops...
  6. You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf

You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf: I bought a Microsoft 365 subscription and I need to sign-in into my account to activate this but the error shows that 'You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf'. It's obvious that I have internet working well and good. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks....
  7. You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf: I bought a Microsoft 365 subscription and I need to sign-in into my account to activate this but the error shows that 'You'll Need The Internet For This - Error 0x800704cf'. It's obvious that I have internet working well and good. Can anyone help me out on this? Thanks....
  8. please help solve "you'll need the internet for this" problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    please help solve "you'll need the internet for this" problem: When I clicked Sign In, it appeared that "you'll need the internet for this", which means I need connect to the internet before I can sign in. But the problem is only can I connect to the internet after I sign in. I get stuck in a loop. This is very annoying, very stupid.1...
  9. please help solve "you'll need the internet for this" problem

please help solve "you'll need the internet for this" problem: When I clicked Sign In, it appeared that "you'll need the internet for this", which means I need connect to the internet before I can sign in. But the problem is only can I connect to the internet after I sign in. I get stuck in a loop. This is very annoying, very stupid.1...
  10. You'll need the Internet for this 0xCAA30194 Error

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    You'll need the Internet for this 0xCAA30194 Error: Hi! I've been trying to Set Up a Work or Education Account in Windows 10, but I've been getting an error saying that I need to be connected to the Internet (but I am). [img] [img] [img] How can I resolve this issue? I've tried some of the possible...