Windows 10: Help - zillions of Event ID 454 errors

Discus and support Help - zillions of Event ID 454 errors in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello all. I am just sitting here stunned. I have the same error repeating over and over. I stopped counting them after 1000. My guess is that there at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by delcarto, Apr 28, 2020.

1. delcarto Win User

Help - zillions of Event ID 454 errors

Hello all. I am just sitting here stunned. I have the same error repeating over and over. I stopped counting them after 1000. My guess is that there at least 5 thousand of these things (maybe 10). Its in the Application log of my event viewer. There is one every second since 5AM EST.
    I can't find anything about it for Windows 10 so far. I'm running Windows 10 Version 1909 by the way.
    Here is a copy of one:

Help - zillions of Event ID 454 errors [​IMG]

And here is the XML View of this error:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
    - <System>
    <Provider Name="ESENT" />
    <EventID Qualifiers="0">454</EventID>
    <Level>2</Level>
    <Task>3</Task>
    <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
    <TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-04-27T22:24:20.895493800Z" />
    <EventRecordID>41956</EventRecordID>
    <Channel>Application</Channel>
    <Computer>Removed</Computer>
    <Security />
    </System>
    - <EventData>
    <Data>svchost</Data>
    <Data>4504,R,98</Data>
    <Data>SRUJet:</Data>
    <Data>-509</Data>
    </EventData>
    </Event>

I have no clue what this means. If it was only a few of them I wouldn't be here. However, there are literally thousands of them. I really hope someone can help or has seen this before.
    Let me know if there is more info I can give you.
    Del.

:)

delcarto, Apr 28, 2020
  2. Smittychat., Apr 28, 2020
  3. ESENT Events 454 and 517...

I just checked my Windows Event Logs, and noticed that under the Application log, I have a number of Event IDs 454 and 517 with source ESENT and Task Category Logging/Recovery. These are apparently related to DllHost (4748) and Cortana.

I followed some instructions to disable Cortana as much as possible because it is not how I'm currently using my PC. So I expect that I could safely ignore these, but I'd prefer to resolve them in the proper way.

Event ID 454 states:

"DllHost (4748) Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy_NOEDP_LEGACY_IDB: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -551."

Event ID 517 states:

"DllHost (4748) Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy_NOEDP_LEGACY_IDB: Database recovery failed with error -551 because it encountered references to a database, 'C:\Users\mike_\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppData\Indexed
    DB\IndexedDB.edb', which does not match the current set of logs. The database engine will not permit recovery to complete for this instance until the mismatching database is re-instated. If the database is truly no longer available or no longer required,
    procedures for recovering from this error are available in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or by following the "more information" link at the bottom of this message."

According to that last sentence under 517, "... procedures for recovering from this error are available in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or by following the 'more information' link at the bottom of this message."

But a brief online search of Microsoft Knowledge Base did not reveal any obvious instructions for dealing with this. Nor did the link at the bottom of the message.

Thanks for any info.

Oxonsi_921, Apr 28, 2020
  4. oxonsi Win User

ESENT Errors 454 and 517...

I just checked my Windows Event Logs, and noticed that under the Application log, I have a number of Event IDs 454 and 517 with source ESENT and Task Category Logging/Recovery. These are apparently related to DllHost (4748) and Cortana.

Early on, after first installing Windows 10, I followed some instructions to disable Cortana as much as possible because it is not something I'm currently interested in. So I expect that I could safely ignore these, but I'd prefer to resolve them in the proper way.

Event ID 454 states:
    "DllHost (4748) Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy_NOEDP_LEGACY_IDB: Database recovery/restore failed with unexpected error -551."

Event ID 517 states:
    "DllHost (4748) Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy_NOEDP_LEGACY_IDB: Database recovery failed with error -551 because it encountered references to a database, 'C:\Users\mike_\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.Windows.Cortana_cw5n1h2txyewy\AppData\Indexed DB\IndexedDB.edb', which does not match the current set of logs. The database engine will not permit recovery to complete for this instance until the mismatching database is re-instated. If the database is truly no longer available or no longer required, procedures for recovering from this error are available in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or by following the "more information" link at the bottom of this message."

According to that last sentence under 517, "... procedures for recovering from this error are available in the Microsoft Knowledge Base or by following the 'more information' link at the bottom of this message."

However, a brief on line search of Microsoft Knowledge Base did not reveal any obvious instructions for dealing with this. And the only link at the bottom of the message was for, "More Information: Event Log Online Help". Clicking that took me some advertising for Surface on XBox.

So I thought I'd ask here Help - zillions of Event ID 454 errors :)

Thanks for any info.

oxonsi, Apr 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Help - zillions of Event ID 454 errors - Similar Threads - Help zillions Event

2. Event id 1001 Help???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Event id 1001 Help???: Hello so I just got a PC and I got problem where it is restarting unexpectedlly when I'm playing games or doing something.Recently I reinstalled windows 10 pro and only downloaded Grand Theft Auto Vfrom Rockstar launcherand it didn't restart anymore.After I downloaded No More...
  3. Event id 1001 Help???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Event id 1001 Help???: Hello so I just got a PC and I got problem where it is restarting unexpectedlly when I'm playing games or doing something.Recently I reinstalled windows 10 pro and only downloaded Grand Theft Auto Vfrom Rockstar launcherand it didn't restart anymore.After I downloaded No More...
  4. Error in Configuring Kiosk Mode via Intune - Event ID 404 and 454

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error in Configuring Kiosk Mode via Intune - Event ID 404 and 454: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope you are all doing well. I am facing an issue while trying to configure Kiosk mode via Intune. However, I keep encountering the following error in the event logs with event IDs 404 and 454:Event ID 404: ConfigurationManager GPM: The command...
  5. Error in Configuring Kiosk Mode via Intune - Event ID 404 and 454

Error in Configuring Kiosk Mode via Intune - Event ID 404 and 454: Hello Microsoft Community,I hope you are all doing well. I am facing an issue while trying to configure Kiosk mode via Intune. However, I keep encountering the following error in the event logs with event IDs 404 and 454:Event ID 404: ConfigurationManager GPM: The command...
  6. Error in Configuring Kiosk Mode via Intune - Event ID 404 and 454

7. Help with event id 100.

Help with event id 100.: so i have been having weird slowdowns on my computer and i took a look at event viewer to find event id 100 repeating for some time now.here is what the details say:<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance"...
  8. Help with event id 100.

Help with event id 100.: so i have been having weird slowdowns on my computer and i took a look at event viewer to find event id 100 repeating for some time now.here is what the details say:<System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Diagnostics-Performance"...
  9. Fix Event ID 454 error – User profile performance issues in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Event ID 454 error – User profile performance issues in Windows 10: [ATTACH]If you notice poor performance issues when using a custom default user profile in Windows 10, then this post is intended to help you. In […] This article Fix Event ID 454 error – User profile performance issues in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com....
  10. Help, Event ID 10016

Help, Event ID 10016: My computer keeps crashing when I'm playing games such as Destiny 2 and Roblox. I'm looking at the CLSID and APPID when my computer freezes. But their different numbers every time. And sometimes it even says unavailable. [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...