Windows 10: HELP!!!!!

Discus and support HELP!!!!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Exit Code: 156 -------------------------------------- Summary -------------------------------------- - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by TraciSmiley, Sep 7, 2018.

1. TraciSmiley Win User

HELP!!!!!

Exit Code: 156
    -------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
    - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 1 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 156) executing in command 'CreateSymlinkCommand' for package: 'AdobeLightroom-mul', version:7.5.0.1186149
    FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: AdobeLightroom-mul Version: 7.5.0.1186149). Error code: '156'
    WARN: Unable to create symlink at "C:\Users\The Smiley Home\Documents\..\Desktop\Adobe Lightroom Classic CC.lnk"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is all stemming from Windows Defender blocking my apps and update. Now I have uninstalled my Lightroom only to have this pop up.

Can anyone help walk me through fixing this?

:)

TraciSmiley, Sep 7, 2018
  2. Corduroy_Jr Win User

help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Sep 7, 2018
  3. hurricane51 Win User
    Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 7, 2018
  4. jmcslob Win User

HELP!!!!!

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool HELP!!!!! :cool:

jmcslob, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

HELP!!!!!

1. HELP!!!!! - Similar Threads - HELP

2. Blue screen of death help please

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Blue screen of death help please: [IMG]help me fix it please I tried to rest my pc and it said there was a problem no changes were made I tried using system restore but i didnt have a restore point System image recovery same thing...
  3. Please help. Accidentally undid a new folder and lost all my photos

in Windows 10 Support
    Please help. Accidentally undid a new folder and lost all my photos: I had recently taken all the photos off of my phone to put into a folder on my PC when I was done I right clicked and for some reason clicked undo new. I tried Ctrl+y and Ctrl+Z no luck. I tried restoring previous version on the file and no luck. I checked my recycle bin and...
  4. Does anyone mind helping me?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Does anyone mind helping me?: Okay so Thursday I got this windows 10 desktop right? So every game I played like games that were full pixels didnt work and were veeeery slow..My windows 7 laptop played them better than this..I reset my computer hoping it would help I asked a few other times before this for...
  5. Need help finding a past-entered activation key

Need help finding a past-entered activation key: My CS professor handed out windows 10 Pro activation keys for use at home. When I wiped my computer I accidentally installed Windows 10 Pro Education rather than it's non-education counterpart. I then found out that the key only works for normal windows 10 pro. I got...
  6. Microsoft edge automatically opens 100s of tabs points to the same microsoft help page on...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft edge automatically opens 100s of tabs points to the same microsoft help page on...: Windows Edge will, totally at random, open up hundreds of tabs going to Microsoft Edge Help. Multiple virus scans and malware found nothing. Resetting Edge did not work. Resetting Window 10 did not work. REINTALLING windows 10 from a DVD did not work. When the laptop is...
  7. Do Specific tasks when a USB is entered! HELP!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do Specific tasks when a USB is entered! HELP!: i have a BAT file that i want to be executed when a USB enters! Please guide me! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/do-specific-tasks-when-a-usb-is-entered-help/86aaa41b-4fec-4240-b318-2826761b7051"
  8. Please help windows 10 webcam not working, doesn't appear in device manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please help windows 10 webcam not working, doesn't appear in device manager: So I recently tried to use my webcam, and it isn't working. It doesn't work for any programs (it is undetected) and it doesn't appear in the device manager at all. It is built in to the laptop, and it has worked in the past. I am using windows 10. Any help?...
  9. Okay I actually need help please help....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Okay I actually need help please help....: From about 3pm today Ive been trying to fix this problem it seems no one has answers to or have had. For some reason the windows 10 im typing on right now is really fast when it comes to like looking stuff up or on youtube BUT, im trying to play games and for some of em it...
  10. PLEASE HELP: I HAD MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PRO FULL VERSION ON MY COMPUTER AND ABOUT 3 DAYS...

PLEASE HELP: I HAD MICROSOFT WINDOWS 10 PRO FULL VERSION ON MY COMPUTER AND ABOUT 3 DAYS...: I PURCHASED WINDOWS 10 PRO SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND I WAS USING WINDOWS 10 PRO UNTIL A FEW DAYS AGO WHEN IT REVERTED TO WINDOWS 10 HOME. T WINDOWS10 PRO BACK ON MY COMPUTER? PLEASE HELP...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fatal error code 156