Windows 10: Help!

Discus and support Help! in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need help. I have spent an entire day speaking to multiple techs and getting transferred to several level 2 techs literally 10 hours and I still... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Annoyed in the bc Cariboo, Aug 2, 2020.

1. Help!

I need help. I have spent an entire day speaking to multiple techs and getting transferred to several level 2 techs literally 10 hours and I still cannot access my Dell XPS or open it. I downloaded windows 10 3 times today to a USB and have entered through the EUFI option to have the same thing happen 3 times. It says that windows 10 can only be installed to A GPT disk on an EFI system and that I have an MBR partition code. One tech in the 7 I spoke with said I needed to convert from MBR to GPT to fix the issue but the last tech said that won’t work and the one then after that one after I went through the same hour and a half long process again tells me that I have to find a computer store and pay for them to remove my hard drive and save my files and then they can reinstall windows 10???? How does this make sense. I installed a Micosoft update and it has rendered my computer inoperable and now I have to go find some computer store to remove my hard drive from my computet to save my files and then reinstall Windows 10? Are there no other ways to fix this because of the most recnt Microsoft update? Now I have to pay money for help while i have lost access to my laptop for almost 5 days and all my files just because I completed the latest update and all the tech can say is its an issue??? Obviously its an issue. Any help is welcome I am beyond frustrated and now understand why my wife only uses Apple. She never has any issues and they fix any before their even known about. Next computer will be a Mac book

:)

Annoyed in the bc Cariboo, Aug 2, 2020

2. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 2, 2020
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Aug 2, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Help!

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Help! :cool:

jmcslob, Aug 2, 2020
Thema:

Help!

1. Help! - Similar Threads - Help

2. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PLEASE HELP: My Cursor disappered 5 hours ago as of writing this, and I've restarted the computer 3-4 times, shut-down, looked through system-manager and found only a single thing that said error line 10 code or something like that I can't find anything to fix that, I've tried Emergency...
  3. PLEASE HELP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PLEASE HELP: My Cursor disappered 5 hours ago as of writing this, and I've restarted the computer 3-4 times, shut-down, looked through system-manager and found only a single thing that said error line 10 code or something like that I can't find anything to fix that, I've tried Emergency...
  4. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?: i have a windows 8.1 fully updated since I manualaly installed the most recent update and I have the requirements to upgrade to windows 10 so i run the media creation tool and do the windows 10 install process but right when it fully finishes it says undoing changes i was...
  5. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?: i have a windows 8.1 fully updated since I manualaly installed the most recent update and I have the requirements to upgrade to windows 10 so i run the media creation tool and do the windows 10 install process but right when it fully finishes it says undoing changes i was...
  6. can someone help me upgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Help With Business Log In

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help With Business Log In: Hi Folks,On Monday I purchased a microsoft business account for my small automation business. I have tried to log back into today and it is saying my account doesnt exist. I have tried multiple different version of the user ID and nothing is working. I have had to use my...
  8. Help With Business Log In

Help With Business Log In: Hi Folks,On Monday I purchased a microsoft business account for my small automation business. I have tried to log back into today and it is saying my account doesnt exist. I have tried multiple different version of the user ID and nothing is working. I have had to use my...
  9. need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find

in Windows 10 Gaming
    need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find: I've been casting from my win 11 pc to my lg web os tv without any issues for over two years now. all of a sudden windows has decided that is can no longer find my lg tv 1, I can cast to my other lg tv2 but not to my main one1. I can cast to tv1 with my android phone. Is...
  10. need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find

need help with casting from pc to tv, just stopped casting for no reason that I can find: I've been casting from my win 11 pc to my lg web os tv without any issues for over two years now. all of a sudden windows has decided that is can no longer find my lg tv 1, I can cast to my other lg tv2 but not to my main one1. I can cast to tv1 with my android phone. Is...