Windows 10: helper & experts please answer my question ; its about windows 8.1 to 10 update

Discus and support helper & experts please answer my question ; its about windows 8.1 to 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; when i try to update my windows 8.1 to windows 10 with the help of the windows 10 tool this error coming :... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by aaryangupta, Aug 17, 2021.

1. helper & experts please answer my question ; its about windows 8.1 to 10 update

when i try to update my windows 8.1 to windows 10 with the help of the windows 10 tool this error coming :

:)

aaryangupta, Aug 17, 2021

2. Windows 8 failure configuring updates and reverting

I agree 8 is awful! It's not for me though... I replaced a broken screen in a Win 8 laptop that was given to me and I am going to give it for free to someone that can't afford one so they can do homework at home. Yes I took it from 8 to 8.1 back on 10/09/2014. This is what I posted there...

"Great post! I found a similar one. I would like to point out that you may want to edit your OP...

1. Step 1 should read to disable AUTOMATIC updates, not disable manual updates.

2. KB2871398 should really read KB2871389

I would like to say that KB2917499 may also be needed as it was in my case. I also had to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter after installing those 2 updates. After these steps I was able to begin my 8.1 download from the Microsoft store. I don't know if it made a difference or not, but I also went into the Bios and disabled "Secure Boot."

It was a helpful post. Thanks!

BlackHawk1, Aug 17, 2021
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Aug 17, 2021
  4. mandoist Win User

helper & experts please answer my question ; its about windows 8.1 to 10 update

File Association Helper in Startup

from another forum on May 6, 2018:
    You can uninstall File Association Helper in less than 5 minutes. Here are the steps to follow:

Step 1 — Uninstall File Association Helper via Control Panel

Simply go to Start > type Control Panel > double click the first result to launch Control Panel.
    Then go to Uninstall a program > locate File Association Helper in the list and select it
    Select Uninstall > wait until Windows completely removes FAH from your PC.
    Restart your PC.
    Step 2 — Clean the Registry Editor

Now that you removed the program, you also need to remove any traces or file changes associated with it. To do that, you need to open the Registry Editor.

Go to Start > type “regedit” > launch the Registry Editor
    Locate the following keys and delete them:
    KEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareFile Association Helper
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareFile Association Helper

Step 3 — Check all the hidden files and folders

File Association Helper may have left behind various hidden files and folders. In order to completely remove the software, you can also need to delete these files. Here’s how to do that:

Simply go to Start > type Control Panel > double click the first result to launch Control Panel. On Windows 10, you can also type “Show hidden files and folder” in the search box. Then simply check Show hidden files, folders and drives and jump straight to step number 3.
    RECOMMENDED: Click here to fix common PC issues and speed up your system
    Go to Folder > select Show Hidden Files and Folders
    Locate the following folders:
    Chelper & experts please answer my question ; its about windows 8.1 to 10 update :program FilesFile Association Helper
    C*Biggrinocument and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataFile Association Helper
    C*Biggrinocuments and Settings%USER%Application DataFile Association Helper

4. Delete them and then restart your PC.

Step 4 — Empty Temp Folder

The final step is to clean the Temp folder where all the temporary files are stored. To empty the folder, go to Start and type the %temp% command.

This will open the Temp folders. You can now empty them. If the system displays an error message when deleting some files, leave them. The files might be in use by Windows services or some running software.

Step 5 — Use a dedicated tool to remove software leftovers

After you performed all the steps listed above, you have removed 99.9% of all the files and folders left behind by File Association Helper. However, there may be a few file that escaped your scrutiny. In order to make sure that you have removed all of them, you can also use a dedicated software uninstaller.

These applications are specially designed to remove the selected application along with all of its files and registry entries. As a result, the application will be completely removed from your PC.

There are many great uninstaller tools available on the market, but the best are IOBit Uninstaller and Revo Uninstaller so feel free to try any of these tools.

mandoist, Aug 17, 2021
Thema:

helper & experts please answer my question ; its about windows 8.1 to 10 update

1. helper & experts please answer my question ; its about windows 8.1 to 10 update - Similar Threads - helper experts please

2. Will someone please mark my question answered

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will someone please mark my question answered: I finally managed to find an answer to my own question but no one will mark my post as the answer.https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-recover-sound-and-message-safe-to-remove/f6a376c4-59fa-45d1-b788-f90ab10fd857...
  3. Important question. Please answer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Important question. Please answer: are u frickin dumb? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/important-question-please-answer/c750f8ec-7dec-4988-8d2f-71e527b1ff58
  4. Important question. Please answer

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Important question. Please answer: are u frickin dumb? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/important-question-please-answer/c750f8ec-7dec-4988-8d2f-71e527b1ff58
  5. Important question. Please answer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Please Microsoft answer this question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Please Microsoft answer this question: when i was playing in my windows 10,the drive error popup always,its said restart your pc.i dont know what to do,when i search it in youtube and google,someone said that if you restart or fix the drive errors,all your file in disk gonna lost,and i dont know how to backup.can...
  7. Questions about disk clone imagine Please Answer these Questions A-F

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Questions about disk clone imagine Please Answer these Questions A-F: A) Under What Conditions Will the software Clonezilla work to clone GTP windows 10 UEFI drives. ? ? B) Under What Conditions Can I boot Up a computer that has UEFI secure Boot turned on C) When I try to boot my Computer to a flash and windows says it wants IPV4 or IPV6 and...
  8. Questions about disk Clonging Imagin Please Answer these Questions A-F

in Windows 10 Support
    Questions about disk Clonging Imagin Please Answer these Questions A-F: A) Under What Conditions Will the software Clonezilla work to clone GTP windows 10 UEFI drives. ? ? B) Under What Conditions Can I boot Up a computer that has UEFI secure Boot turned on C) When I try to boot my Computer to a flash and windows says it wants IPV4 or IPV6 and...
  9. "Expert" answer to why the Windows Update is Missing

"Expert" answer to why the Windows Update is Missing: This has been an ongoing question and issue on this board. After almost any MS/Windows update, when you reboot your PC, the Windows Update goes missing/comes up blank. The "expert" answer was given by some "advisor" that after an update, the previous updates are irrelevant....
  10. 1 issue and 1 question about Windows 10

1 issue and 1 question about Windows 10: Hello there, I go by WolfHybrid23 on most places, I'm trying to setup my company Wolf Game Studios, I have an issue and a question retaining to the same subject... I am trying to become a self host for my website, But in order to do that I need to factory reset a previous...