Windows 10: Helping a Friend work out his BSOD issues.

Discus and support Helping a Friend work out his BSOD issues. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The only confusion I am having is with the ASUS RamDisk Driver I am not clear on what hardware this is referring to and the link given goes only to the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tao, Dec 30, 2016.

1. lifetec Win User

Helping a Friend work out his BSOD issues.

Here background info on Asrock Ramdisk for some mobo it seems to be part of Asrock extreme tuning utility for other mobo's you have /had it download independentely. Check this with your friend.

Did you already install the AMD all in 1 driver from the supportpage, maybe this wil update this driver amdsbs Tue Dec 11 22:21:44 2012

lifetec, Jan 14, 2017
  2. TAO
    Tao Win User

I'm fairly sure we've installed the AMD all in 1 drivers a few times now but I went ahead and had him do it once more. The Computer still Blue screens after playing a game for about 15 minutes. We have also installed the Asrock extreme tuning utility a few times before. Fairly sure as of right now it is uninstalled. Also as a side note, as of right now we have left the system in RAID mode in the BIOS.

3. Ztruker Win User
    When you get a new BSOD, please run dm_log_collector and upload the resulting zip file.

Ztruker, Jan 15, 2017
  4. TAO
    Tao Win User

here you are. Thanks again for taking another look. This is a hard one to figure out for sure. We know this too well.

5. lifetec Win User
    Sorry somehow the i did not include the link ASRock XFast RAM

Although you have uninstalled the extreme tuning utility the Asrockramdiskdriver from 2014 is still loaded in the dumpfile of 17 januari.
    So i suspect that also Xfast is installed on your system, see info in the link above.

Also the AMDsbs driver is from 2012 is still loaded and it is probably not uploaded or a part of the amd all in 1 driver.

lifetec, Jan 17, 2017
  6. TAO
    Tao Win User
    I went ahead and had him Reinstall the newest version extreme tuning utility to make sure the drivers you are talking about are covered. I also just have him run a test on his system usign this program here. OCCT - 4.4.1 Download - EXTREME Overclocking While running the test a New BSOD popped up finally pointing to a thrid party Driver as the issue. I'll add the full .DMP file here as well.

crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\012217-22750-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: win32kfull.sys (win32kfull+0x86B40)
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFA221EE086B40, 0xFFFFB580B3ADFEC0, 0x0)
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: win32kfull.sys .
    Google query: win32kfull.sys SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

7. TAO
    Tao Win User
    Just a quick last reply. The Issue was solved by replacing the motherboard. I guess that goes to show that even something that seems like it must be a software issue can still end up being hardware. I want to thank everyone who tried to help. Maybe this note will help someone with a similar issue in the future.

Thema:

1. Helping a Friend work out his BSOD issues. - Similar Threads - Helping Friend BSOD

2. BSOD issue with a friend's computer.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD issue with a friend's computer.: Hello, I'm not sure if anyone would be able to take a look at some DMP files I've compiled of a friend's crash reports from getting the dreaded BSOD. This is primarily occurring when they're gaming and I'm kind of at a loss as to what could be the issue right now. I'm unable...
  3. BSOD issue with a friend's computer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD issue with a friend's computer.: Hello, I'm not sure if anyone would be able to take a look at some DMP files I've compiled of a friend's crash reports from getting the dreaded BSOD. This is primarily occurring when they're gaming and I'm kind of at a loss as to what could be the issue right now. I'm unable...
  4. BSOD issue with a friend's computer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Need help for a friend who can no longer access his documents

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Need help for a friend who can no longer access his documents: I have been trying for about a week or so to help a friend with his computer. It's a fairly old computer about 8 years old and it has been having issues recently. The files like the files in the Documents folder for instance were not able to viewed in Windows Explorer when...
  6. Friend gave me a pc, and I can't sign in even with his help. Help?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Friend gave me a pc, and I can't sign in even with his help. Help?: It is an account synced with his other account his used for his personal pc. However, the password and secuirty questions aren't working. He even signed out and back in. The account has 2 PCs registered to it, one of which is his. He only has 2 computers so the chance of it...
  7. My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My friend logged into his computer under his name but isnt his account: I don't know really how to describe this. My friend has turned his computer off and on several times. He signs on and clicks to log in. It shows his name, but the background is back to the standard background, all his settings are reset to default, and his files and programs...
  8. Help!!!! Friend gave us computer that still has his password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help!!!! Friend gave us computer that still has his password: He told us it would be easy to reset it and get rid of his accounts but here we are a couple months later and still not luck in resetting. It is a home built gaming computer. We have tried the BIOS menu and boot menu like he asked and have nothing. Any other options. The...
  9. Friend is giving me his motherboard

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Friend is giving me his motherboard: From what I know and have read, Win 10 is tied to the motherboard. If I inherit his motherboard, changing a lot of other things, will I need to purchase a new Windows 10 license or can I just reactivate the one tied to his old motherboard? submitted by /u/MeekMillMorty...
  10. my friend has problem with his pc

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my friend has problem with his pc: Hello, my name is Ibrahim my friend has strange problem when he use his pc show many icon bug on screen like next image [ATTACH] after that bluescreen DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION I have search about bluescreen but I don't find anything for windows 10 Anyone has the solution....