Windows 10: Helping a senior citizen get Windows 10

Discus and support Helping a senior citizen get Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was asked by a senior neighbor 80s to connect an HP printer to his HP laptop. It is now March 2020 and they had Windows 7 running their PC. They have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnRice, Mar 3, 2020.

1. JohnRice Win User

Helping a senior citizen get Windows 10

I was asked by a senior neighbor 80s to connect an HP printer to his HP laptop. It is now March 2020 and they had Windows 7 running their PC. They have no idea about computers. Can I still upgrade his PC to 10 this late in the game without causing them to buy a new key? His printer needs a cable and I needed to do some research.

:)

JohnRice, Mar 3, 2020

2. New Design for Senior Citizen

try 1650 or 1680c these series are just the basic series perfect for our respected senior citizens.Helping a senior citizen get Windows 10 :)

navigator---01, Mar 3, 2020
  3. New Design for Senior Citizen

It's not only senior citizens who need larger buttons, but people with disabilities as well who often lack the motor skill for the tiny phones. Most DON'T want a camera, MMS, etc but just a basic phone with sms and speech. When are Nokia going to make
    a phone to meet the rapidly ageing population as well as over 10% of people with disabilities?

hankwheelie, Mar 3, 2020
  4. babdi Win User

New Design for Senior Citizen

We appreciate your need. We trust Nokia would be reading your post and come up with a No frills senior citizen model, exclusively crafted for older people with a nice large readble colour screen with large fonts, well spaced keypad which will endure hardkey
    presses light in weight and a battery that will last for 15 days atleast

babdi, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Helping a senior citizen get Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Helping senior citizen

2. Citizens Pay

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Citizens Pay: I’m trying to check out on the store by using my citizenz pay account but it only gives me the option to apply for a line of credit when I already have one. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/citizens-pay/6cd056b5-c2bb-4904-b9da-09fd1439367c
  3. Citizens Pay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Citizens Pay: I’m trying to check out on the store by using my citizenz pay account but it only gives me to option to apply for one when I already do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/citizens-pay/6cd056b5-c2bb-4904-b9da-09fd1439367c
  4. Citizens Pay

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Citizens Pay: I’m trying to check out on the store by using my citizenz pay account but it only gives me to option to apply for one when I already do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/citizens-pay/6cd056b5-c2bb-4904-b9da-09fd1439367c
  5. Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free: Hello folks, I'm a Senior male trying to help my neighbor who is even older than me. He stopped using his laptop after his wife died, so I thought with the little knowledge I have I would re set up his email. I found out he is still running Win 8. My question is, is there a...
  6. Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free: Hello folks, I'm a Senior male trying to help my neighbor who is even older than me. He stopped using his laptop after his wife died, so I thought with the little knowledge I have I would re set up his email. I found out he is still running Win 8. My question is, is there a...
  7. Upgrading a Senior to win 10 for free

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. Senior proofing a laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Senior proofing a laptop?: Hi! I have an old laptop I’m planning on giving to my 76 year old father. Any tips on how to set it up for him? Would it be possibly to have the laptop close automatically at a certain time? (He will stay up until 5 am watching YouTube videos. I would rather not have to take...
  9. How to set up a Windows 10 PC for senior citizens

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up a Windows 10 PC for senior citizens: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 requires some new skills to use it with ease, and those seniors who may have been used to Windows 7 or Windows XP would be the to lean a few new tricks. If you are looking on how [...] This post How to set up a Windows 10 PC for senior citizens is...
  10. BitDefender: Getting Started With Questions (Sr. Citizen Level)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitDefender: Getting Started With Questions (Sr. Citizen Level): Hello, Just installed Bitdefender. Brand new desktop PC. Think it went O.K. But a few items popped up that I'm not too sure about: a. It said it found a problem.. When i clicked on it, it said that "AntiPhising Filter Is Disabled" Then, Click To Fix. When I...