Windows 10: Helping a senior citizen get Windows 10

Discus and support Helping a senior citizen get Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I was asked by a senior neighbor 80s to connect an HP printer to his HP laptop. It is now March 2020 and they had Windows 7 running their PC. They have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JohnRice, Mar 3, 2020.

1. JohnRice Win User

Helping a senior citizen get Windows 10

I was asked by a senior neighbor 80s to connect an HP printer to his HP laptop. It is now March 2020 and they had Windows 7 running their PC. They have no idea about computers. Can I still upgrade his PC to 10 this late in the game without causing them to buy a new key? His printer needs a cable and I needed to do some research.

:)

JohnRice, Mar 3, 2020

2. New Design for Senior Citizen

try 1650 or 1680c these series are just the basic series perfect for our respected senior citizens.Helping a senior citizen get Windows 10 :)

navigator---01, Mar 3, 2020
  3. New Design for Senior Citizen

It's not only senior citizens who need larger buttons, but people with disabilities as well who often lack the motor skill for the tiny phones. Most DON'T want a camera, MMS, etc but just a basic phone with sms and speech. When are Nokia going to make
    a phone to meet the rapidly ageing population as well as over 10% of people with disabilities?

hankwheelie, Mar 3, 2020
  4. babdi Win User

New Design for Senior Citizen

We appreciate your need. We trust Nokia would be reading your post and come up with a No frills senior citizen model, exclusively crafted for older people with a nice large readble colour screen with large fonts, well spaced keypad which will endure hardkey
    presses light in weight and a battery that will last for 15 days atleast

babdi, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Helping a senior citizen get Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Helping senior citizen

2. Get Help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Get Help: I get disconnected from a Get Help chat and i wish i can reconnect How do i do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/get-help/1c757be9-6f0f-4873-84c9-f3b3192dcb44
  3. How to set up a Windows 10 PC for senior citizens

in Windows 10 News
    How to set up a Windows 10 PC for senior citizens: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 requires some new skills to use it with ease, and those seniors who may have been used to Windows 7 or Windows XP would be the to lean a few new tricks. If you are looking on how [...] This post How to set up a Windows 10 PC for senior citizens is...
  4. need help to get back to window 10 home

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    need help to get back to window 10 home: someone hacked my accont an put windows 10 pro on here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-help-to-get-back-to-window-10-home/c0800c2a-1eb2-4413-8aaf-57b27b8067b3
  5. Get Help in Windows 10 continuously popping up

in Windows 10 News
    Get Help in Windows 10 continuously popping up: [ATTACH] Most of the Windows PCs are now connected to the internet and keeping that mind, Microsoft has configured the F1 key on the keyboard to open online help. Everytime you press it, it launches Edge and auto searches for ‘how [...] This post Get Help in Windows 10...
  6. Sr. Citizen On What To Get Grandson ? Thoughts Would Most Appreciated

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sr. Citizen On What To Get Grandson ? Thoughts Would Most Appreciated: Hello, Really glad I noticed this sub-forum. Am in my 80's now, and would be most grateful for some advice and help. Wish to get my Grandson something "nice" for his birthday, and thought perhaps an X-Box, Playstation, or Nintendo, might be a good choice. Showing my...
  7. BitDefender: Getting Started With Questions (Sr. Citizen Level)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    BitDefender: Getting Started With Questions (Sr. Citizen Level): Hello, Just installed Bitdefender. Brand new desktop PC. Think it went O.K. But a few items popped up that I'm not too sure about: a. It said it found a problem.. When i clicked on it, it said that "AntiPhising Filter Is Disabled" Then, Click To Fix. When I...
  8. Accessing An External HD: Sr. Citizen Question ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Accessing An External HD: Sr. Citizen Question ?: Hi, So simple a question, I'm embarased to ask. Will blame it on old age now. Should have stayed with W7. Anyway, I have an external HD plugged into a USB Port for doing some backups How do i get to it afterwards, please ? I thought "File Explorer," but it...
  9. Sr. Citizen Quest's As A New W10 User.

in Windows 10 Support
    Sr. Citizen Quest's As A New W10 User.: Hello, Sr. Citizen now, very,and frankly not all that sharp with this "stuff" anymore. Would be most grateful for any help. Have had W7 for many years, was "happy" with it, but new desktop (DELL XPS 8900) due to arrive in a few days is coming with W10. Would like to...
  10. Help to get MPG videos playing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Help to get MPG videos playing in Windows 10: Hello. My son and I have recently upgraded our 2-year old Dell 660 Inspiron from Win 7 Pro by doing a clean install of Win 10 Pro to a brand new HDD. As we have been testing out different apps and things to ensure everything is working, we've discovered that AVI files and MOV...