Windows 10: Here are the steps needed to delete all events in logs for win 7,8,10.

Discus and support Here are the steps needed to delete all events in logs for win 7,8,10. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The following is a set of easy steps to delete all the event logs (lots of them) from win 7, 8, 8.1, 10, that I found and it works. Thus, you don't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MSWG, Jul 17, 2019.

1. MSWG Win User

Here are the steps needed to delete all events in logs for win 7,8,10.

The following is a set of easy steps to delete all the event logs (lots of them) from win 7, 8, 8.1, 10, that I found and it works. Thus, you don't have to delete each of them one-by-one.

Select the "command prompt (administrator).

At the DOS prompt, paste the following command and hit carriage return. After waiting for the script to finish check the event logs to see if they are empty i.e. the custom view Administrative Events one since there is no clear log under action or right clicking on the log name. Mine showed empty for this one and others that I spot checked.

for /f "tokens=*" %1 in ('wevtutil.exe el') do wevtutil.exe cl "%1"

The posted topics were required and didn't match this topic under windows, and the above info applied to all windows OS' win 7 and above; however, only one can be selected for this post.

:)

2. ShiBDiB Win User

XP/SP3 -> To Win 7 or Win 8

I tried the windows 8 build thats available and I thought it was a step backwards from 7.

ShiBDiB, Jul 17, 2019
  3. Monk.e83 Win User
    Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Jul 17, 2019
  4. Amit_Sun Win User

Events 4672 & 4624 Win 10 Freezes - special LOGON ?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Are you on a domain network?
    2. May I know the make and the model number of your system?

The event logs you have provided seems to be the security logs that is generated when you login to your system. For more information on the event that was generated, you can check
    4672(S): Special privileges assigned to new logon.

The Windows error logs will be located at Event Viewer > Windows Logs > System.

Please follow the step below and check if it works for you.

Step: Improve Windows 10 Performance.

Try some of the following suggestions to help
    make your Windows 10 PC run better
    . The steps are listed in order, so start with the first one, see if that fixes the problem, and then continue to the next one if it doesn’t.

Note: The last step on the article contains Windows Reset, I suggest you not to perform Windows reset, as there is a change your data and applications will be wiped and also
    the OS will reverted back to previous version you upgraded from.

If the issue still persists, please reply to this post with more information so that we can identify the root cause of this issue and assist you further.

Hope it helps.

Amit Sunar

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Amit_Sun, Jul 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Here are the steps needed to delete all events in logs for win 7,8,10. - Similar Threads - Here are steps

2. Deleting a particular event record in the event log of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleting a particular event record in the event log of Windows 10: I had a requirement to delete a particular event record from the Windows application event log programatically with C++. But I did not find any option other than ClearLog, which is used to clear the entire event log. I have to clear a record with a specific source name.Can...
  3. Deleting a particular event record in the event log of Windows 10

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting a particular event record in the event log of Windows 10: I had a requirement to delete a particular event record from the Windows application event log programatically with C++. But I did not find any option other than ClearLog, which is used to clear the entire event log. I have to clear a record with a specific source name.Can...
  4. why there is a need to delete event logs?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why there is a need to delete event logs?: Hello, I wanted to know for what this code was written@echo off FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN 'bcdedit' DO SET adminTest=%%V IF %adminTest%==Access goto noAdmin for /F "tokens=*" %%G in 'wevtutil.exe el' DO call :do_clear "%%G" echo. echo goto theEnd :do_clear echo clearing %1...
  5. why there is a need to delete event logs?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why there is a need to delete event logs?: Hello, I wanted to know for what this code was written@echo off FOR /F "tokens=1,2*" %%V IN 'bcdedit' DO SET adminTest=%%V IF %adminTest%==Access goto noAdmin for /F "tokens=*" %%G in 'wevtutil.exe el' DO call :do_clear "%%G" echo. echo goto theEnd :do_clear echo clearing %1...
  6. why there is a need to delete event logs?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Deleting All Event Logs

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Deleting All Event Logs: I know that the event logs are stored here: C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs Can you just delete the logs that are present in this folder? Or do you have to do it another way so Windows 10 doesn't error out? 164124
  8. Event 4624 log deleted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Event 4624 log deleted: Event 4624 logs are written to Security logs at windows 10, why are these deleted from Security logs in tens of seconds? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/event-4624-log-deleted/9e0eb385-debf-468e-a638-d14cf723afff
  9. WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    WIN 10 REGISTRY Compared to Win 7/8: Hi, I have lots of Registry tweaks ( reg files ) from the win7/8 forums collected over the years. When I set up win 8, I noticed many of the win 7 reg settings were similar and worked in win 8, but a few did not, mainly to do with ui iirc. Now I want to use the...
  10. Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 a "refresh" or an "upgrade" from Win 7 and Win 8?: I have been under the impression that Win 10 may be like an upgrade so you don't have to re-install all your desktop programs. If it is a "refresh" what a pain *Sad If it is an upgrade will it kill Windows Media Center or might it actually survive to run in Win 10? 5917