Windows 10: Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender

Discus and support Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Not everything in life is as simple as it seems. The same applies to disabling Windows Defender permanently. It requires modification of Windows 11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 9, 2023.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender

Not everything in life is as simple as it seems. The same applies to disabling Windows Defender permanently. It requires modification of Windows 11 integral settings, which can become a challenge where one wrong move could lead to the malfunctioning of your PC.

We will share methods to guide you on how to turn off Windows Defender on Windows 11 for good.

How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender

Before you start, ensure that the Real-time protection of Windows Defender is turned off to avoid hindering the process.

Change Folder Ownership

Boot Computer in Safe Mode

1. Press WINDOWS + R to get the RUN console.
    2. Type msconfig to open System Configuration.
      Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender Want-to-disable-Windows-Defender-permanently-6.jpg
      • Go to Boot, and put a checkmark to select Safe boot and Minimal. Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender Want-to-disable-Windows-Defender-permanently-3.jpg
      • Click Apply and OK.
      • Your computer will restart in Safe mode.
    Modify Permissions

1. Press WINDOWS + E to open WINDOWS EXPLORER

2. Now copy and paste the below-mentioned path and hit Enter.

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender

3. Navigate to the Platform folder and right-click on it to select Properties.

Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender Want-to-disable-Windows-Defender-permanently-2-scaled.jpg

4. Go to the Security tab, then click Advanced.

Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender Want-to-disable-Windows-Defender-permanently-8.jpg

5. On Advanced Security Settings for Platform, locate Owner and click Change.

Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender Want-to-disable-Windows-Defender-permanently-1.jpg

6. In the Enter the object name to select box, type the Owner name and click OK.

7. Under Permission Entries, select System and click Remove.

Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender Want-to-disable-Windows-Defender-permanently-5.jpg

8. Head to Trusted Installer and click Remove.

9. Checkmark Replace owner on sub containers and objects.

Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender Want-to-disable-Windows-Defender-permanently-4.jpg

10. Place a checkmark on Replace all child object permission entries with inheritable permissions from this object.

11. Click Apply and then OK.

Disable Safe Boot

1. Press WINDOWS + R to open the RUN window.
    2. Type msconfig and hit Enter.
    3. Go to boot and select Boot options. Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender Want-to-disable-Windows-Defender-permanently-7.jpg
    4. Uncheck the Safe boot option.
    5. Click Apply and OK.
    6. Restart your computer.

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 9, 2023
  2. topgundcp Win User

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Since this is a TP. The option to turn off/disable Windows Defender is grayed out. However, you can turn off by:

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/5...dows-10-a.html

1. Open Admin Command Prompt and type: gpedit.msc
    2. Manoeuver to: Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Windows Defender
    3. Double click on "Turn Off Windows Defender" and select "Enabled" then click "Apply"

WARNING: After turn off "Windows Defender", you might not be able to turn it back on. I suggest before trying this, make a backup image so you can restore to the way it was.

Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender 18429d1485951155t-permanently-disable-windows-defender-2015-05-05_0-49-21.png

topgundcp, Mar 9, 2023
  3. Winuser Win User

On my computer it's in the Show Hidden Icons box. It's listed as PC status.

Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender 18572d1485951187t-permanently-disable-windows-defender-pic.png

Winuser, Mar 9, 2023
  4. XweAponX Win User

Thanks a hell of a lot! I didn't know it turned itself back on after disabling it in Settings, this am when I got up it had deleted something important. I can't afford this happening, even with "exclusions", cos it seems that once something gets swallowed into Defender, you can't get it out of quarantine.

I just did this, Can I get in there and shut off the service now, too? Ah, it's shut off now, but I wanna get rid of the little defender icon. Defender is the one thing left over from earlier versions of Windows I totally despise, although I did use it in Windows 8 for the longest time.

XweAponX, Mar 9, 2023
Thema:

1. Here is How to Permanently Disable Windows Defender - Similar Threads - Here Permanently Disable

2. Windows Defender Permanently Disabled, how to fix?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender Permanently Disabled, how to fix?: Hi Sir/MadamIn My Windows Laptop Windows 10 Pro 22H2 VersionIn Virus & Security Real Protection, Cloud Delivery Protection, and Tamper Protection features of Windows Defender are permanently disabled It cannot EnableIt is said It is managed by administrator In registry editor...
  3. Windows Defender Permanently Disabled, how to fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Permanently Disabled, how to fix?: Hi Sir/MadamIn My Windows Laptop Windows 10 Pro 22H2 VersionIn Virus & Security Real Protection, Cloud Delivery Protection, and Tamper Protection features of Windows Defender are permanently disabled It cannot EnableIt is said It is managed by administrator In registry editor...
  4. Disable Windows Defender Permanently

Disable Windows Defender Permanently: Unlike most reasons for shutting off Defender mine is different. I am using a program called CNC12 from Centroid. Defender running in the background causes errors in the machining process. I cannot install any other antivirus software because it will cause the same issues. I...
  5. Permanently disable Windows Defender

Permanently disable Windows Defender: I have a media server running on my internal network and it NEVER access the Internet. So, I have no AV running on it. You can say that is STUPID if you want, but it's what I want for this machine. I have a shortcut on the desktop to a Powershell script that invokes the...
  6. How to permanently disable Windows Defender?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to permanently disable Windows Defender?: I am using Windows 10 1909. I've been always disabling Windows Defender by gpedit: Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Defender Antivirus -> Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus but it seems like since 1909, windows doesn' t...
  7. How to disable windows defender permanently?

How to disable windows defender permanently?: I've tried various methods that worked in the past but for some reason it doesn't work anymore. Anyone have a solution to completely disable this? submitted by /u/freesp33chisstilldea [link] [comments]...
  8. Permanently disable windows defender?

Permanently disable windows defender?: How do i permanently disable this? It prevents me from playing cs. submitted by /u/naxelk [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/f1as9p/permanently_disable_windows_defender/
  9. Permanently disabling Windows defender

Permanently disabling Windows defender: System Config: DELL Latitude E6410 Core i3 M380 2.53GHz 4 GB Ram Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit) Version 1809 OS Build 17763.134 Is there a way to Permanently disable Windows defender? Off late there are times when my system comes to a stand still. Forget playing a game doing...
  10. Permanently Disable Windows Defender?

Permanently Disable Windows Defender?: I'm on build 10074 of Windows 10 and cannot find a way to permanently disable Windows Defender. When I go to Control Panel > Windows Defender > Settings, it brings up the new Windows 10 System Settings app which gives an option to turn "Real-time protection" off. However, the...