Windows 10: Here is the fix for the Windows 10 error "A driver can't load on this device"

Discus and support Here is the fix for the Windows 10 error "A driver can't load on this device" in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Some Windows 10 users may get the error message "A driver can't load on this device" currently that may prevent devices from working properly on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Mar 9, 2020.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Here is the fix for the Windows 10 error "A driver can't load on this device"

Some Windows 10 users may get the error message "A driver can't load on this device" currently that may prevent devices from working properly on the device. Windows 10 may throw the error when a driver is installed manually on a device running Windows 10.

Manual driver installations may happen through Windows Update but also by downloading drivers or entire driver packages from manufacturer websites or third-party sites to install those. Popular third-party drivers are Nvidia and AMD video card drivers, drivers from sound adapters, or drivers that add printing or connectivity functionality to the device.

Tip: Microsoft is working on improving third-party driver support and controls that manufacturers have.

Microsoft published a new support article under KB4526424 that provides details on the issue and two suggestions on how to fix the issue.

A driver can't load on this device

You are receiving this message because the Memory integrity setting in Windows Security is preventing a driver from loading on your device.

Microsoft notes that the Memory Integrity security feature may prevent drivers from being installed correctly on Windows 10 devices. The company recommends that administrators try and find an updated driver that may not have the issue. Updated drivers may be offered via Windows Update or provided by manufacturers of the device.

If that is not possible, because there is no driver that is more recent than the one that fails to install, Microsoft suggests that administrators disable the Memory Integrity feature on the system.

Here is the fix for the Windows 10 error "A driver can't load on this device" windows-security-memory-integrity.png

Here is how that is done:

1. Use Windows-I to open the Settings application on the device.
    2. Go to Update & Security > Device Security > Core Isolation Details
    3. Locate the Memory Integrity setting on the page that opens and set the feature to off.
    4. Restart the device so that the changes take effect.

Microsoft notes that a security issue in the driver, which could be minor, might prevent it from being loaded in first place. The company advises users to get an updated driver if possible before the second option, the turning off of Memory Integrity, is considered.

Now You: Did you run into driver loading issues before on Windows 10?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Here is the fix for the Windows 10 error "A driver can't load on this device" appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Mar 9, 2020
  2. NGeo Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hey Dj Urko, I am trying to install the realtek driver and I get the error 0x0001. I have disabled secure boot and Driver signature. I have the latest win 10 build. What am I doing wrong? Can u post the complete list of steps that I have to take? I have an asus z170 with alc1150.
    Thanks in advance

NGeo, Mar 9, 2020
  3. JoeBoyka Win User

Everything is working *Smile Here is the fix for the Windows 10 error "A driver can't load on this device" :)

JoeBoyka, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Jayce Win User

I had the realtek error when using the installer, so I did these step and It Worked

1.Go Open up device manager
    2. Go under sound,video, and game controllers
    3. Find Realtek High Definition Audio
    4. Right click and hit update driver
    5. Browse my computer for driver software
    6. Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer
    7. Click Have Disk and hit browse
    8. Click on the Realtek HD Audio mod folder and look for win64
    9. Click on the HDXRT4 and click ok,
    10. Click Next and Yes
    After it is done, restart the PC

You should be good then and also make sure before doing these steps that you have driver enforcement disabled.

Jayce, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Here is the fix for the Windows 10 error "A driver can't load on this device" - Similar Threads - Here fix error

2. Fix Microsoft account "is already here" error on Windows 11 and 10 devices

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Microsoft account "is already here" error on Windows 11 and 10 devices: "Microsoft account is already here" is an error message that you may receive when you try to switch from a local account to a Microsoft account on Windows 11 or 10 devices. Windows tells you that the Microsoft account that you want to add to the system exists on it already....
  3. Error with: VNRnNpbj.sys "A driver cannot load on this device."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with: VNRnNpbj.sys "A driver cannot load on this device.": The error right below the line------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A driver cannot load on this deviceDriver: VNRnNpbj.sysA security setting is...
  4. Error with: VNRnNpbj.sys "A driver cannot load on this device."

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error with: VNRnNpbj.sys "A driver cannot load on this device.": The error right below the line------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------A driver cannot load on this deviceDriver: VNRnNpbj.sysA security setting is...
  5. Error with ene.sys: "A driver cannot load on this device."

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error with ene.sys: "A driver cannot load on this device.": I need help with this issue that has been bothering me for days now.I've bought a new laptop MSI Katana GF76 12UGS and after installing Windows 11 laptop came with FreeDos and the drivers that MSI provides, there's been an error that pops out everytime I turn on my device: "A...
  6. Error with ene.sys: "A driver cannot load on this device."

Error with ene.sys: "A driver cannot load on this device.": I need help with this issue that has been bothering me for days now.I've bought a new laptop MSI Katana GF76 12UGS and after installing Windows 11 laptop came with FreeDos and the drivers that MSI provides, there's been an error that pops out everytime I turn on my device: "A...
  7. A driver can't load on this device- WIndows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A driver can't load on this device- WIndows 11: Each time I boot my computer I get the following error message from the Program Compatibility Assistant: A driver can't load on this device. The driver at issue is cpuz136_x64.sys I ignore the message and all seems OK but what am I missing, if anything, and how can I turn it...
  8. A driver can't load on this device- WIndows 11

A driver can't load on this device- WIndows 11: Each time I boot my computer I get the following error message from the Program Compatibility Assistant: A driver can't load on this device. The driver at issue is cpuz136_x64.sys I ignore the message and all seems OK but what am I missing, if anything, and how can I turn it...
  9. Windows cannot load device driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows cannot load device driver: I’m having problems with my mouse, in properties it saysWindows cannot load device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. Code 39{Bad File}The attributes of the specified mapping file for a section of memory cannot be read.How can l resolve this...
  10. Browser not loading? Here was my fix.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Browser not loading? Here was my fix.: Click select the following: Start Button Gear Icon Settings Update & Security Update History Uninstall Updates Turn Windows Feature on or off New window appears Click select: The plus symbol + next to .NET Framework 4.8 Advanced Services The plus symbol + next to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the driver \driver\wudfrd failed to load for the device usb\vid_05ac&pid_12a8&mi_00\6&2e933263&0&0000.