Windows 10: Here is what is going to happen after the release of Windows 11 2022 Update

Discus and support Here is what is going to happen after the release of Windows 11 2022 Update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The first major update for Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system, the Windows 11 2022 Update, or Windows 11 version 22H2, will likely be released in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Sep 5, 2022.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Here is what is going to happen after the release of Windows 11 2022 Update

The first major update for Microsoft's Windows 11 operating system, the Windows 11 2022 Update, or Windows 11 version 22H2, will likely be released in the coming weeks.

Here is what is going to happen after the release of Windows 11 2022 Update Microsoft-unveils-Tabs-in-File-Explorer.png

We have looked at the improvements in the first feature update for Windows 11, and continue the Windows 11 version 22H2 article series until we have covered all of the improvements and changes.

So far, we have reviewed Start Menu, taskbar, Snap Assist, File Explorer, Task Manager and gaming changes in the Windows 11 2022 Update already. Most users may not want to install the update right away, to avoid running into potential issues that have not been detected in the beta test.

What is happening after the release of Windows 11 version 22H2

Microsoft has not revealed its plans officially at this point. In fact, the company has yet to announce the official release date for the first feature update for Windows 11. Most expect that the company plans to release the Windows 11 2022 Update on September 20, 2022.

Microsoft could move to a three year release cycle for the operating system, away from the one feature update per year release cycle. The next major update would not be released before 2025. Whether that is going to be another major Windows 11 update or the release of Windows 12 remains to be seen.

In the three years in-between, Microsoft plans to release smaller feature drops. Called Moments, these updates introduce new features to the operating system without requiring the installation of major updates.

We are aware of two Moment updates for Windows 11, with the first update expected in October 2022 already. According to Albacore, who is well informed usually, Moment 1 will introduce new features such as tabs in File Explorer in Windows 11. The Moment 2 update won't be released until next year according to Albacore.

Additional Moment updates are likely, and will be released whenever Microsoft considers features to be ready for final release.

Closing Words

The new release process improves update management for users and administrators. Instead of having to install a feature update every year, and risk major issues, features will be introduced as smaller cumulative updates that have a smaller risk of major issues.

Now You: what is your take on the release process?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Here is what is going to happen after the release of Windows 11 2022 Update appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Sep 5, 2022
  2. Pauli O Win User

Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - January 2022

>"I also got this installed: 2022-01 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 for x64-based Systems (KB5008353) successfully 1/14/2022. The problem is that I can not see anything or even find that KB5008353! Learn more show Sorry, page not found."

This update is released only for Insiders in Release Preview and Beta channels.

These previews aren't listed in update history and there is no "Learn more" info available.

Release announcements of Insider previews are listed in Insider blog. Home | Windows Insider Blog

Releasing Windows 11 Build 22000.466 to Beta and Release Preview Channels | Windows Insider Blog

Pauli O, Sep 5, 2022
  3. Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - January 2022

Hello FNG_809,

I am Jaspreet Singh an independent advisor.

It is not uncommon for the learn more links to be broken.

KB5008353 was a bug fix update released a few days earlier and the fixes can be checked here : https://blogs.windows.com/windows-insider/2022/...

Is the update missing from the installed updates list?

Jaspreet Singh_050, Sep 5, 2022
  4. Here is what is going to happen after the release of Windows 11 2022 Update

Cumulative updates for Windows 10 and Windows 11 - April 2022

The following release notes coincide with the Cumulative updates for all the supported versions of Windows, for the month of April 2022.

Windows 11

Windows 11 (original release): KB5012592 Build 22000.613

April 12, 2022—KB5012592 (OS Build 22000.613) (microsoft.com)

This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5011563 (released March 22, 2022) and also addresses the following issues:

• This update contains miscellaneous security improvements to internal OS functionality. No additional issues were documented for this release.
    Windows 11 servicing stack update - 22000.581

This update makes quality improvements to the servicing stack, which is the component that installs Windows updates. Servicing stack updates (SSU) ensure that you have a robust and reliable servicing stack so that your devices can receive and install Microsoft updates.

Windows 10

Windows 10, version 20H2; Windows 10, version 21H1; and Windows 10, version 21H2 – KB5009543 Build 19042.1466; 19043.1466; and 19044.1066

April 12, 2022—KB5012599 (OS Builds 19042.1645, 19043.1645, and 19044.1645) (microsoft.com)

This security update includes improvements that were a part of update KB5011543 (released March 22, 2022) and also addresses the following issues:

• Addresses an issue that causes a Denial of Service vulnerability on Cluster Shared Volumes (CSV). For more information, see CVE-2020-26784.
    Windows 10 servicing stack update - 19042.1613, 19043.1613, and 19044.1613

This update makes quality improvements to the servicing stack, which is the component that installs Windows updates. Servicing stack updates (SSU) ensure that you have a robust and reliable servicing stack so that your devices can receive and install Microsoft updates.

3/15/22
    IMPORTANT Windows 10, version 20H2 will reach end of service on May 10, 2022 for devices running the Home, Pro, Pro Education, and Pro for Workstations editions. After May 10, 2022, these devices will no longer receive monthly security and quality updates that contain protection from the latest security threats. To continue receiving security and quality updates, Microsoft recommends updating to the latest version of Windows 10 or Windows 11.

We will continue to service the following editions: Enterprise, IoT Enterprise, Windows on Surface Hub, and Windows Server, version 20H2.

Download the updates manually from the Microsoft Update Catalog.

Sumit (Volunteer Moderator), Sep 5, 2022
Thema:

Here is what is going to happen after the release of Windows 11 2022 Update

1. Here is what is going to happen after the release of Windows 11 2022 Update - Similar Threads - Here going happen

2. What's going on here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's going on here: I used to be able to use the selection tool to delete a square and get a white background. This is showing a pixel grid below it now. Even when I erase, it goes to the pixel grid. This was upon opening default settings....
  3. What's going on here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's going on here?: this key is all of a sudden showing up when I open this directory https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/whats-going-on-here/621034a3-8670-4007-a5b8-f405947ec66c
  4. What's going on here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What's going on here?: After this last garbage update I discovered I couldn't scan on my Brand New Epson Scanner/ printer. The icon was even gone from my desktop. I had to download a scanner app from Microsoft---imagine that. This is Not acceptable. Any ideas.? I could always dump.the last update I...
  5. What's going on here?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    What's going on here?: After this last garbage update I discovered I couldn't scan on my Brand New Epson Scanner/ printer. The icon was even gone from my desktop. I had to download a scanner app from Microsoft---imagine that. This is Not acceptable. Any ideas.? I could always dump.the last update I...
  6. What happened here?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What happened here?: When I pressed Alt+F4 on the Desktop, it opened the Shutdown options prompt, as usual. I clicked "Hibernate" from the drop-down menu, then this came up-I don't know if something is wrong with my system, or it's just a typo. Please let me know....
  7. What is going on here?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What is going on here?: I get regular System Interrupts that eat my CPU whenever I do anything. All I have hooked up is a wired mouse and a cool pad obviously with no data wires when nothing is connected to it and I don't, nor have I ever had anything connected to it. This configuration has not...
  8. What is going on here?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What is going on here?: Hi guys. Recently after factory refreshing my laptop with Windows 10, certain icons in the task bar and menu seem to glitch out as can be seen in the links. This screenshots were taken from OneNote, where it also happens with images in embedded slides. If I zoom into the...
  9. What happened here?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What happened here?: Can I have some help?[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happened-here/8fa5ac3e-d817-453d-88dc-5b27bc7070c4"
  10. What's going on here?

in Windows 10 Support
    What's going on here?: My computer, a Dell XPS 8700 was made in July, 2015. It came with Windows 10 home edition pre-installed. I never had much problem with it until the past few months when it has just shut itself down for no reason. Then when I restart it says "no operating system found". Both...