Windows 10: Here is what Microsoft revealed about Windows 11 today

Discus and support Here is what Microsoft revealed about Windows 11 today in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Windows 11 is the name of the next version of Windows. Microsoft unveiled the next version of Windows in a live event today. Some of the features that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by GHacks, Jun 24, 2021.

1. GHacks
    GHacks New Member

Here is what Microsoft revealed about Windows 11 today

Windows 11 is the name of the next version of Windows. Microsoft unveiled the next version of Windows in a live event today.

Some of the features that Microsoft revealed today officially leaked earlier this month, but not all of them. A fast intro of the new Windows 11 mentions features such as the centered Start menu that is "cloud powered", new Microsoft Store, improved performance, better battery performance, a new appearance with rounded courses and translucent layers.

One of the biggest reveals of the entire show was that Android apps are coming to Windows 11. Meaning: Windows 11 users will soon be able to run dedicated apps, e.g. TikTok or Instagram, on Windows 11 devices.

Tip: find out if your PC is compatible with Windows 11

Another important change is that Microsoft plans to make the built-in Store more popular by improving things for developers and allowing Win32 applications in the Store. The change will surely boost the Store, the available apps that are offered, and therefore developer and user perception of it.

Microsoft published the Windows 11 trailer on YouTube:

New Feature: Snap Groups

Here is what Microsoft revealed about Windows 11 today snap-groups.png

Snap Groups is one of the features that did not leak already. Windows 11 includes new layouts, called Snap Layouts, that go beyond the two windows side-by-side layout option that exists in Windows 10 and earlier versions.

You can display three windows side by side, or even more in different layouts. Snap Groups remembers these layouts, and gives users an option to go back to them.

Snap Groups are saved to the taskbar so that they can be reopened.

List of new and improved features in Windows 11

1. Snap Layouts -- to display windows using preset layouts on the screen.
    2. Centered Start Menu with cloud integration.
    3. Improved multi-monitor support. Set custom wallpapers for each virtual desktop.
    4. Windows Widgets displays a personalized news feed and information. Can be resized and rearranged.
    5. New appearance with new themes, rounded corners, translucent layers.
    6. Background updates support. Updates said to be 40% smaller.
    7. Microsoft Teams is integrated directly into Windows 11.
    8. Windows in tablet mode improvements. Detaching the keyboard keeps the layout. In vertical mode, side-by-side layouts switch to vertical stacks.
    9. Haptics added when using a stylus.
    10. New touch keyboard with theming support.
    11. Windows 11 will support Auto HDR, direct storage API, and DirectX 12 Ultimate.
    12. Xbox Game Pass built into the Xbox app.
    13. xCloud for cloud gaming integrated.
    14. Microsoft Store will accept UWP, Win32 and PWA applications. Developers may use their own payment system to gain full control over sales (with Microsoft not getting a cut).
    15. Android apps are coming to Windows 11.
    Closing Words

An official development version of Windows 11 won't be released today, but Microsoft promised that it will make them available next week. The initial builds won't support all features immediately. Microsoft aims for an official release of Windows 11 at the end of 2021.

Microsoft is painting everything in the best light, third-party inspection will show whether everything will be as glorious as Microsoft made it look like today.

Android apps, support for Win32 apps, and more developer options when it comes to monetization, could give the Microsoft Store the break that it needs to become a popular option.

The usability options, snap layouts and groups, better multi-monitor and virtual desktops support, could improve usability significantly for some users.

As far as the focus on cloud integrations and background updates are concerned, it remains to be seen if these will be optional or not.

Now You: What is your favorite feature of the ones mentioned?

Thank you for being a Ghacks reader. The post Here is what Microsoft revealed about Windows 11 today appeared first on gHacks Technology News.

read more...

GHacks, Jun 24, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Windows Vista Prices Revealed

Microsoft has accidentally leaked some details of the price of its next-generation operating system. U.S. full/upgrade prices:
    • Windows Vista Ultimate $349/$199
    • Windows Vista Business $269/179
    • Windows Vista Home Premium $239/$139
    • Windows Vista Home Basic $199/$99
    Source: ZDNet

malware, Jun 24, 2021
  3. hellrazor Win User
    Survey Reveals Companies' Early Windows 8 Reactions and Plans

Bull fucking shit.

hellrazor, Jun 24, 2021
  4. Weer Win User

Reminder: Microsoft Windows 7 Beta Automatic Two-Hour Shutdowns Begin Today

Does that work?

Thema:

1. Here is what Microsoft revealed about Windows 11 today - Similar Threads - Here Microsoft revealed

2. 22H2 is here, what are your opinions about it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 is here, what are your opinions about it: So, The Windows 11 22H2 update is here. For me, it is useful and all, but I want to know your opinions about it.See ya. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-is-here-what-are-your-opinions-about-it/f3e5181a-431c-45c4-b4a8-9245d9244c91
  3. 22H2 is here, what are your opinions about it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 is here, what are your opinions about it: So, The Windows 11 22H2 update is here. For me, it is useful and all, but I want to know your opinions about it.See ya. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/22h2-is-here-what-are-your-opinions-about-it/f3e5181a-431c-45c4-b4a8-9245d9244c91
  4. Here's what needs an enhancement update for Windows 11:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Here's what needs an enhancement update for Windows 11:: "Device Manager".It's still within the Windows 7 Edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heres-what-needs-an-enhancement-update-for-windows/99bd1efa-6dc4-45b3-b7bd-4fa0ae35034c
  5. Here's what needs an enhancement update for Windows 11:

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Here's what needs an enhancement update for Windows 11:: "Device Manager".It's still within the Windows 7 Edition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/heres-what-needs-an-enhancement-update-for-windows/99bd1efa-6dc4-45b3-b7bd-4fa0ae35034c
  6. Anybody here know what this is about?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Anybody here know what this is about?: submitted by /u/-Chicken_of_the_cave [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mhgg7s/anybody_here_know_what_this_is_about/
  7. Just found today that My Microsoft rewards account was suspended. What's going on here?

in Cortana
    Just found today that My Microsoft rewards account was suspended. What's going on here?: I went onto my Microsoft rewards account to find it suspended, without reason? Whats going on here? I would like to know because I had been saving those rewards points to participate into the gaming PC Sweepstake. I would like it unsuspend, I also want to know why I was...
  8. Microsoft reveals more about the next Windows 10 feature update

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals more about the next Windows 10 feature update: In a blog post penned by the Windows Insider Program team, Microsoft announced that Windows 10 November 2019 Update is being prepared for the public rollout. Aside from confirming the name of the update, Microsoft also revealed that Build 18363.418 is the final version that...
  9. Query about Virtual Here

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Query about Virtual Here: I wonder what Virtual Here is and do I need it on my Windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/query-about-virtual-here/f4ad489e-31e0-4726-a0e9-f07f55c2570a"
  10. Microsoft reveals what’s next for Skype on Windows after criticism

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft reveals what’s next for Skype on Windows after criticism: Last month, Microsoft announced that it’s now rolling out a new version of Skype for Windows desktop. The company also confirmed that the classic Windows app will be retired soon but in the meantime, the software maker is working on a new and improved replacement. Based on...