Windows 10: Here we go again, Windows restart itself INSIDE the active hours costing me an hour worth...

Discus and support Here we go again, Windows restart itself INSIDE the active hours costing me an hour worth... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/fashni [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/11siz6o/here_we_go_again_windows_restart_itself_inside/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fashni, Mar 15, 2023.

1. /u/fashni Win User

Here we go again, Windows restart itself INSIDE the active hours costing me an hour worth...

/u/fashni, Mar 15, 2023

2. Installing Updates and Restarting During my Active Hours?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the inconvenience caused to you as the Active Hour feature is not working as it should be.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to perform these steps and check if that fix the issue.

Configuring active hours with Group Policy.

Please refer the section for Configure active hours
    and make the changes accordingly. If the PC installed with Windows 10 Pro then follow the steps under
    Configuring active hours with Group Policy and if it is
    Windows 10 Home then follow steps under Configuring active hours through Registry
    from this article: Manage device restarts after updates.

Note: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify
    the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Follow the steps to take
    backup of registry.

Please let us know the status of the issue,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Mar 15, 2023
  3. Disable Active hours?

Hello Daniel,

If you wish to add more hours or to have an option to turn off the Active Hours, then the feature is currently unavailable on Windows phone. It is best if you can send a suggestion to make the features available using the
    Feedback Hub app. To send a suggestion on your Windows phone, you can follow the steps provided below:

• Go to All Apps, search for the Feedback
      Hub app.
    • Open the menu icon at the top left side.
    • Select Feedback, then at the top right side, tap the
      add
      button (+).
    • Select Suggestionand fill up the box with the details needed.
    • Select the right category and then Submit.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask the community.

Michael Rey, Mar 15, 2023
  4. Lenzmic Win User

Here we go again, Windows restart itself INSIDE the active hours costing me an hour worth...

active hours, useless apps etc

Thanks for that Martmcd

It was a hypothetical question. I have not suffered any financial loss.

It's just that Active Hours is, in my opinion, a retrograde step. I much prefer the Win 7 approach to updates, where we had the choice of when to install them.

My computer is unattended for some 17 hours per day. Which is why I am caught unawares.) Also some users are active 24/7, MS should take this into account.

Since the last update, I have started to set active hours from 0800 to 2000 then at around 1100 reset active hours to 1100 to 2300, rather tedious but effective.

Thanks for your reply.

Lenzmic, Mar 15, 2023
Thema:

1. Here we go again, Windows restart itself INSIDE the active hours costing me an hour worth... - Similar Threads - Here again restart

2. Active Hours for Restarts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active Hours for Restarts: I tried to change the hours the computer won't automatically restart after an update. I can't change it. I click, nothing changes. Yeah, I can click on 11 p.m., but it doesn't actually change it. MS has it set for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is beyond troubling. Last thing I need...
  3. Active Hours for Restarts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active Hours for Restarts: I tried to change the hours the computer won't automatically restart after an update. I can't change it. I click, nothing changes. Yeah, I can click on 11 p.m., but it doesn't actually change it. MS has it set for 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. This is beyond troubling. Last thing I need...
  4. Active hours

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Active hours: Good morning, I have active hours set to 7:00 AM to 1:00 AM. When I check for updates in that period and a restart is required, I get a message that the PC will restart OUTSIDE of active hours. Am I missing something profound?...
  5. Active Hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Active Hours: Hi A while back, my fingerprint detector stopped working so I updated the driver. However, today, at 5pm, my fingerprint detector stopped. I went to update the driver, but it did not need to be updated, and I found that there has been an "Active Hours" system running, which...
  6. Active Hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Active Hours: My understanding of setting active hours is so that Window's doesn't download updates during that time so that I can work. I set my active hours to 6am-6pm, but right now my laptop is barely responsive because all the resources are going to downloading updates? It's 8:30am....
  7. Active Hours

in Windows 10 Support
    Active Hours: This is part 3 of my "Windows 10 Readiness Questions" thing. Windows doesn't restart outside of Active Hours when you're using the computer, but what if I'm away from it for even an hour? 139662
  8. Will setting Active Hours allow me to schedule a restart for 1903?

Will setting Active Hours allow me to schedule a restart for 1903?: Hi, all. Tired of going round in circles with Microsoft Support on Twitter, so thought I'd ask here. My mother's laptop has been downloading the 1903 update, but I want to have control over when it installs. I can't set Active Hours, as she doesn't have a typical usage...
  9. Active hours

Active hours: Are there any plans to give users the option to disable active hours entirely on Win10 Home? this is probably the most hated and unneeded "feature" ever to come out from you guys, and with good reason. If i step away from my computer, and said computer is on, its a given...
  10. Active Hours

Active Hours: I want to turn off Active Hours in Windows Update, I don't want to change Active Hours because it's not updating on its own regardless of the hours I put in. Again: I wish to disable/turn off "Change Active Hours"...