Windows 10: Here's a familiar. Why does MS insist we have Cortana when we don't want it??

Discus and support Here's a familiar. Why does MS insist we have Cortana when we don't want it?? in Cortana to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 PC. I don't want Cortana, I don't use Cortana and do not plan to. I have tried many solutions from various resources. It's still... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by jackdashack, Apr 8, 2019.

1. Here's a familiar. Why does MS insist we have Cortana when we don't want it??

I have a Windows 10 PC. I don't want Cortana, I don't use Cortana and do not plan to. I have tried many solutions from various resources. It's still there. Now it does says "Suspended" but between it and the Runtime Broker it's allotted 2.8MB at all times from my below average memory.

Is there any completely workable way to make it go away. I know it's not using CPU but still there's that memory drain. I think I even used a registry hack. Can't find Cortana in my Group Policy Editor.

Please, and thanks in advance very much. ":-\\ jep

:)

jackdashack, Apr 8, 2019

2. Windows 10 startmenu and Cortana don´t work with mandatory profile

In Windows 10 (1703) startmenu and Cortana don´t work with mandatory profile.

Please help !

Thanks

Dharmendra

Moved fromHere's a familiar. Why does MS insist we have Cortana when we don't want it?? :( Windows / Windows 10 / Windows settings )

DharmendraBhandari, Apr 8, 2019
  3. AMD A10-6800K 4.1GHz Quad Core Overclocking possibility

Thanks, have heard this before...is their a step by step procedure to OC using the bios settings you suggest.
    i don’t intend pushing this to its limit...but some increase would be great, any suggestions on a good air cooler ?

thanks

reddwarf4ever, Apr 8, 2019
  4. Here's a familiar. Why does MS insist we have Cortana when we don't want it??

cortana won`t talk to me

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

It's unfortunate that you are facing this issue. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Check and verify if Cortana is activated?
    • Does Cortana search and gives any output/result on screen?
    • Is the Language and region settings set to valid value?
    • Check and verify if Cortana available in your region?
    Method 1:

I suggest you to try to turn Cortana off and then try turning it on back and check if she talks. Refer to the steps below to turn Off and On Cortana:

• Open Cortana.
    • Click the hamburger button in the top left of the window.
    • Go to Settings and click on off.
    • Follow the same steps to turn it on.
    • Check if issue persists.
    I would suggest you to refer to the article given below and check if that helps.

Cortana & search

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/cortana-search

Hope this information helps, let us know the status of the issue

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

Here's a familiar. Why does MS insist we have Cortana when we don't want it??

1. Here's a familiar. Why does MS insist we have Cortana when we don't want it?? - Similar Threads - Here's familiar Why

2. Here we go then . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Here we go then . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I have, two browsers. Google, and Firefox. The problem, is.With either, browser. When I do, a search. It uses, Google. But, I don't want it to.Google, is my favorite browser.But, sometimes. It has trouble, searching.Firefox,...
  3. Here we go then . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Here we go then . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I have, two browsers. Google, and Firefox. The problem, is.With either, browser. When I do, a search. It uses, Google. But, I don't want it to.Google, is my favorite browser.But, sometimes. It has trouble, searching.Firefox,...
  4. Here we go then . . .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. We want a Turkish version of Cortana.

in Cortana
    We want a Turkish version of Cortana.: There are many people waiting for the We want a Turkish version of Cortana. If Windows 10 Support doesn't arrive before it's over, it's going to be disappointing for me. I'd like to inform you and you, yours sincerely....
  6. We want a Turkish version of Cortana.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    We want a Turkish version of Cortana.: There are many people waiting for the We want a Turkish version of Cortana. If Windows 10 Support doesn't arrive before it's over, it's going to be disappointing for me. I'd like to inform you and you, yours sincerely....
  7. We want a Turkish version of Cortana.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Deleting **** we don't want

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Deleting **** we don't want: Since Microsoft is about ignoring what the people want, I will ask some obvious questions that will be given excuses as answers. Firstly, since the Populus and vehemently have told you Microsoft and an antitrust lawsuit has made known, is still forcing customers to have the...
  9. Update control, why don't we have it?

in Cortana
    Update control, why don't we have it?: It use to be that we could choose the updates when installed. We had total control over them, within reason, but it got taken away with windows 8 if memory serves at least. I could pick from important updates and optional updates, and even select which updates to do prior to...
  10. Here's why we want the Win10 usability EXACTLY like it used to be

in Windows 10 Customization
    Here's why we want the Win10 usability EXACTLY like it used to be: There are many requests I see in this forum, like: * can I have 3D borders back * can I have the old start menu back * can I get rid of apps that were designed for tablets * etc But those are all dancing around the main point - many of us want the OS looking EXACTLY LIKE...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. KB4493473

2. kb4493470 SCVMM

3. KB4493470