Windows 10: Here’s a look at Windows 10 X running on a laptop

Discus and support Here’s a look at Windows 10 X running on a laptop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft is working on Windows 10 X for dual-screen and foldable devices such as the Surface Neo. The leaked documentation has previously revealed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 14, 2020.

1. WinLatest New Member

Here’s a look at Windows 10 X running on a laptop

Microsoft is working on Windows 10 X for dual-screen and foldable devices such as the Surface Neo. The leaked documentation has previously revealed that Microsoft also plans to optimize 10X for traditional laptops and the OS has already been put on an unsupported MacBook.

Earlier this week, Microsoft released Windows 10 X Emulator, which allows developers and users to experiment with the new modular operating system. Some developers have managed to run Windows 10 X Emulator image on real hardware like MacBook, Lenovo ThinkPad, Surface Go and Dell XPS 13.

As a dev explains, Windows 10X can’t be installed through an ISO and Microsoft plans to distribute it as a Full Flash Update (FFU) on supported devices. Since there’s no ISO image, devs have used Windows 10 X’s Emulator VHD image to write it directly to a disk and make it work along with injecting DCH drivers.

Here’s a look at Windows 10 X running on a laptop Windows-10X-on-Dell-laptop.jpg

“Only drivers installed by the OEM as part of the initial image creation of Windows 10X can be used right now. DCH(U) is a separate concept that is unrelated to that fact. It’s basically a new driver model Microsoft has been pushed for the past few years,” Gustave noted.

It’s certainly interesting to see Windows 10 X already running smoothly on unsupported Windows and macOS laptops. It has the same UI as the emulator, meaning that these laptops are actually running a dual-screen optimized version of 10X.

Here’s a look at Windows 10 X running on a laptop Windows-10X-about-page.jpg

In some cases, UI glitches are visible, but the OS seems to work fairly well and the animation of apps running in split-screen mode is also smooth.

Most drivers are usable, including the touchpad, WiFi, and even gestures on Windows 10X-powered laptops. However, the UI is clearly not desktop-friendly yet and Windows 10 X also doesn’t come with the ability to run multiple apps in windowed mode.

This is another proof that Windows 10X could go beyond the world of foldable devices, but there is obviously work that still needs to be done.

According to Microsoft, Windows 10’s new version will support both Win32 and UWP app and the company is also working on a new modern File Explorer experience.

The post Here’s a look at Windows 10 X running on a laptop appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 14, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Windows 10 shows Direct x 12

Hi Jagdishservi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• Where have checked for the version of Direct x?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check:

• Press Windows + R keys together.

• Type dxdiag in the run prompt and hit enter.

• Now check for the version of Direct x.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us with the updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Feb 14, 2020
  4. Here’s a look at Windows 10 X running on a laptop

Laptop running Windows 10 keeps freezing

Hi,

Since you already tried several troubleshooting steps, such us running a hardware diagnostic test on all hardware components, checked the system files, updated all drivers, and as well the BIOS, then this is perhaps an issue with the laptop itself. Now,
    to isolate what is causing performance issues on your laptop, we suggest that you perform a factory reset, then check if it's the same. To perform the suggest step, please refer to this article:

Recovery options in Windows 10.

If the issue persists after performing the suggested step, contact the laptop manufacturer to have it replaced.

Let us know the outcome.

Marque Lor, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

Here’s a look at Windows 10 X running on a laptop

1. Here’s a look at Windows 10 X running on a laptop - Similar Threads - Here’s running laptop

2. The thing you're looking for isn't here

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The thing you're looking for isn't here: So I have been trying to download roblox for a few days but every time I try download it from the microsoft store this message pops up "The thing you're looking for isn't here" and I have tried every method I see but nothing seems to work....
  3. The thing you're looking for isn't here

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The thing you're looking for isn't here: So I have been trying to download roblox for a few days but every time I try download it from the microsoft store this message pops up "The thing you're looking for isn't here" and I have tried every method I see but nothing seems to work....
  4. Here’s a closer look at Windows 10’s new Start menu

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s a closer look at Windows 10’s new Start menu: Windows 10 has officially hit a billion users and Microsoft recently teased upcoming changes to the operating system in a low-quality video. Today, Microsoft has finally posted high-resolution screenshots of Windows 10’s upcoming changes, which gives us a closer look at the...
  5. Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X

in Windows 10 News
    Another look at gestures-focused Windows 10 X: Windows 10 X is Microsoft’s new operating system for dual-screen devices and it’s reportedly coming to traditional laptops at some point. Windows 10 X was originally announced at Microsoft’s Surface event on October 2, and PC makers are now publicly showing off their devices...
  6. Here’s another look at Microsoft’s modular Windows 10 X

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s another look at Microsoft’s modular Windows 10 X: Windows 10 X, which is a ‘brand new expression’ of Microsoft’s Windows operating system, would be ready for consumers in 2020. Windows 10 X has been created for a new breed of devices with at least two displays and Microsoft’s own Surface Neo could be one of the few PCs to...
  7. Here’s the clearest look at Windows 10 running on OnePlus 6t

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s the clearest look at Windows 10 running on OnePlus 6t: Windows 10 on ARM has allowed developers to fiddle with smartphones and install the unsupported desktop operating system. Last year, we saw Lumia 950 XL with Windows 10 on ARM and some developers managed to port the project to Google Pixel 3 XL that also uses Snapdragon...
  8. Connecting my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 to my iPhone X.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Connecting my Surface Laptop running Windows 10 to my iPhone X.: My iPhone X doesn't show up in the Network listing of possible connections. The iPhone is paired with my Surface laptop and I can select it using Bluetooth but it doesn't allow for a secure network connection. Thoughts?...
  9. Here’s another look at Surface Hub 2 running modular Windows Core OS

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s another look at Surface Hub 2 running modular Windows Core OS: The next-generation Surface Hub devices will be rolled out in the market by 2020 and the rumour has it that the devices will be running Microsoft’s modular and secure platform codenamed “Windows Core OS”. As pointed out by The Verge’s Tom Warren, Microsoft has demoed the...
  10. Running Cocos2d-x on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Running Cocos2d-x on Windows 10: With Microsoft’s latest open source code contribution to the Cocos2d-x project [V3: Windows 10.0 Universal App (UWP) support by stammen · Pull Request #12107 · cocos2d/cocos2d-x], Microsoft has enabled Cocos2d-x to run on Windows 10 on the Universal Windows Platform. The...