Windows 10: Here's another system & reserved post but this is regards to usb

Discus and support Here's another system & reserved post but this is regards to usb in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have windows 10 pro windows update 2004. But not sure that has nothing to do with that? I have a 4tb usb hard drive. Which I had to used a full... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by addictgaming360, Feb 18, 2021.

1. Here's another system & reserved post but this is regards to usb

I have windows 10 pro windows update 2004. But not sure that has nothing to do with that?

I have a 4tb usb hard drive. Which I had to used a full format using diskpart.

Clean, create partition primary. Which doesn't let me make a basic or dynamic. Only mbr or gpt. Seems usb drives can't have more options.

After I did I checked properties for the drive. Showed 200 mb used I think, which shows system reserve. After I reboot the pc, the drive showed 5.35 gig of used so I checked system reserve which showed the same 5.35 gig. I tried doing a quick or full format. I understand that "system files on my c drive shows up 5.69gb" even though doesn't show you where the system files are.

:)

addictgaming360, Feb 18, 2021

2. System Reserved Memory issue

Hi Rowan,

The reduction in available system memory depends on the configuration of the following:

• The devices that are installed in the computer and the memory that is reserved by those devices
    • The ability of the motherboard to handle memory
    • The system BIOS version and settings
    • The version of Windows 10 that is installed
    • Other system settings

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest that you check your system for memory problems.

Here's how:

• Type mdsched.exe in the search bar and select the best match.
    • When prompted by the User Account Control, enter an admin user name and password, and click
      Yes.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run it.

Let us know how it goes.

Aileen Alf, Feb 18, 2021
  3. poolmon Win User
    Recovery Partition vs System Reserved Partition

Thanks for all the info guys.

Both original & target SSD's are listed as MBR as opposed to UEFI. I may have created a partition unknowingly in getting the original/new unformatted drive recognized, but I don't recall taking any steps that Windows did not step me through.

Not that an upgrade to WIN 10 Pro is contemplated, but I suspect that having no System Reserved partition will not allow that to happen, after seeing how the original WIN 10 upgrade created a problem for some WIN 7 users that had a smaller 100mb vs 500mb System Reserved partition.

poolmon, Feb 18, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Here's another system & reserved post but this is regards to usb

System & Reserved almost full?

Thank you for the information and posting back.

High System & Reserved memory usage could be due to the following:

• High Windows.old file(s) size
    • Large cache of trace files size
    • Windows 10 system file issues

We would like to know some information to better isolate the issue:

• Do you have a C:\windows.old folder on your C: drive?
    • Which Windows version and build are you using? Type winver on search box and press
      Enter.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Can you post a screenshot of what is inside the System & reserved storage? Double-click System & reserved. See picture below for reference.

Here's another system & reserved post but this is regards to usb 3b68d058-4ea9-4b39-874f-7885d566e601.png

We will wait for your response.

Remon Ont, Feb 18, 2021
Thema:

Here's another system & reserved post but this is regards to usb

1. Here's another system & reserved post but this is regards to usb - Similar Threads - Here's another system

2. System and Reserved

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System and Reserved: This is picture of my C drive SYSTEM AND RESERVED you can see it got 40.6 gb for system and reserved is it normal because i dont think it is yesterday it jumped from 39.6 to 40.6 on just on storage self check in hp appso i need help...
  3. System and Reserved

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System and Reserved: This is picture of my C drive SYSTEM AND RESERVED you can see it got 40.6 gb for system and reserved is it normal because i dont think it is yesterday it jumped from 39.6 to 40.6 on just on storage self check in hp appso i need help...
  4. System & Reserved

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System & Reserved: Hello, My system & reserved is taking up 67 Gbs is this normal? Thanks, Owen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-reserved/266958ca-14a0-443d-8338-787466d90ada
  5. Is it possible to migrate System Reserved partition to another drive?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to migrate System Reserved partition to another drive?: So my issue is that Windows 10 won't boot unless I have a secondary drive connected to my PC, which has the System Reserved partition for some reason. Windows is on my C drive, the G drive has this partition that's needed. Apparently this happens if you install Windows 10 and...
  6. System Reserved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Reserved: Can anyone tell me what ‘System Reserved’ is in the Optimise drives window? I have just did a complete clean install of Windows 10 and finished doing all the updates. I always finish up an installation with a ‘check drive for errors’ and an Optimise the drive and I saw...
  7. System and Reserved

System and Reserved: For some odd reason it says on my laptop that it has 970GBs in System files is this something that can be fixed so I can have more space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-and-reserved/ec3c362e-ef97-4d90-826d-937510903cdc
  8. System Reserved

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Reserved: My System Reserved is 100% fragmented and that it needs Optimization, however I cannot get my computer to defragment this drive. Now what? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-reserved/b54f174a-dba9-4e82-a43b-223b30c3a6d7
  9. System & Reserved

System & Reserved: So the majority of my disk space is taken up by System & Reserved as shown below. [ATTACH] I tried using Disk Cleanup, but it only cleaned up 8 MB. I do have WinDirStat, but the problem is I don't know which files are safe to delete. As I keep looking up each file and...
  10. System Reserved?

in Windows 10 Support
    System Reserved?: Hi All Have been trying to find out, in Disc management why I have one HDD showing it System Reserved. I think it was my old system drive and may have had Win 7 on. Many Thanks for any help Alan [img] 27957