Windows 10: Here’s how Chrome’s Edge-like tab preview feature works on Windows 10

Discus and support Here’s how Chrome’s Edge-like tab preview feature works on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The current version of Microsoft Edge comes with tab previews feature which is useful for many users. The tab preview feature in Microsoft Edge... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Mar 21, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Here’s how Chrome’s Edge-like tab preview feature works on Windows 10

The current version of Microsoft Edge comes with tab previews feature which is useful for many users. The tab preview feature in Microsoft Edge displays a thumbnail glimpse of the content inside a tab when you mouse over a tab.

Recently, we discovered some commits and flags which confirmed Google is considering adding a similar feature to its browser. Today, Chrome Canary picked up a new update and the flags are now fully functional. The browser can now generate a preview image of the tab when a user hovers over it.

Currently, Chrome shows a tooltip (the webpage name and its favicon) when the user hovers the mouse over a tab. The new feature called tab hover cards replaces the tooltip, but it is likely that the feature will remain optional as many users may find tab previews annoying.

Here’s how Chrome’s Edge-like tab preview feature works on Windows 10 Chrome-Canary-tab-hover-cards.jpg

Chrome’s tab hover cards feature allows you to preview the contents of a tab and it also shows a screenshot of content without having to visit the tab itself. You can test the feature by following the steps outlined below:

• Download and install Chrome Canary.
    • Type Chrome://flags in the address bar to open flags menu.
    • Search for “Tab Hover Cards” and “Tab Hover Card Images”.
    • Enable the two flags and relaunch Chrome to access the tab preview feature.

After enabling the two flags, open any webpage, hover the mouse over the tab and a preview will be displayed with the contents of that tab.

The post Here’s how Chrome’s Edge-like tab preview feature works on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Mar 21, 2019
  2. Damon B Win User

Searching favorites in Edge

Huge step backwards for Edge. The other thing it is missing is the ability to see the previews of all your tabs by hovering over IE in the taskbar. Firefox also has this feature, but Chrome and Edge do not.

Damon B, Mar 21, 2019
  3. Edge Import Bookmarks from Chrome does not work

Hi,

To resolve your issue with Microsoft Edge, we suggest that you clear your browsing data. Please follow the steps below:

• Click on the 3 dots at the upper right corner of Edge.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Go to Clear browsing data.
    • Click on Choose what to clear > Clear.
    • Try to import your bookmarks from Chrome to Microsoft Edge.

Let us know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Mar 21, 2019
  4. Here’s how Chrome’s Edge-like tab preview feature works on Windows 10

Google accidentally invents new way to close Chrome browsers

Ha, another thing my old ass Opera 12.17.1863 can do that chrome cant.

For those calming Chrome to be better, point to a proper mouse gesture and tab selecting mechanism like opera (hold RMB and scroll and you scroll through a list of your open tabs, with a preview)

Brusfantomet, Mar 21, 2019
Thema:

Here’s how Chrome’s Edge-like tab preview feature works on Windows 10

1. Here’s how Chrome’s Edge-like tab preview feature works on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Here’s Chrome’s Edge

2. Multitaksing Feature including Edge Tabs

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multitaksing Feature including Edge Tabs: Hi I recent purchased a new laptop. I use MS Edge as my default browser as I like the functionality of being about to include tabs in the alt + tab task viewer toggle.However, when I select multitaksing in settings, there is not "pressing alt+tab" section, therefore I cant...
  3. "Save Background As" Feature for Chrome & Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    "Save Background As" Feature for Chrome & Edge?: I'm trying to save a protected image from the UK consumer site Which? which contains their test reports. I can do this in Internet Explorer using the option Save Background As then do whatever I want want with the image file. Is there a way of doing this with Chrome or Edge?...
  4. Edge and Chrome not playing preview on taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Edge and Chrome not playing preview on taskbar: This happened recently with both browsers. If, for example, I'm playing a youtube video on Chrome and switch to Edge, the preview for when I hover the mouse over the Chrome logo on the taskbar doesn't show the video playing and only a white youtube screen. It's the same if I...
  5. Tab previews edge chromium

in Browsers and Email
    Tab previews edge chromium: Is tab previews a feature of edge chromium? Kind of how one can preview the windows when hovering over the taskbar I seem to remember could do the same with tabs open on edge, or old edge. Is this not a feature in edge chromium? I am just on the normal public build. thanks,...
  6. Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft explain how the new "Sleeping tabs" feature works in Edge.: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/iylv01/microsoft_explain_how_the_new_sleeping_tabs/
  7. Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is working on new features for Edge, Chrome browsers: It’s clear that Microsoft is fully committed to improving Chromium-based Edge browser and multiple enhancements are already underway. Many of the improvements will come to all Chromium-powered browsers, including Chrome. After adding an improved version of Find box to...
  8. Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft to improve Edge and Chrome’s incognito feature on Windows 10: Microsoft appears to be working on an interesting feature that could improve user privacy when running Chromium-based browsers, such as Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome in incognito mode. When you use a Chromium-based browser in the incognito mode, the browsing history,...
  9. Chrome to get Microsoft Edge like tab preview feature on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Chrome to get Microsoft Edge like tab preview feature on Windows 10: Microsoft Edge may have failed to gain the desired market share but the browser comes with some useful features such as tab preview. Microsoft Edge comes with a feature that lets you preview the opened tab pages without visiting them and it appears that Google is also...
  10. Windows 10 preview features not working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 preview features not working.: Since Christmas I can't access Windows feedback or downloaded apps. I get a black icon on the taskbar for the item clicked. Help. 3453