Windows 10: Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10

Discus and support Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; The reports of Google Chrome dark mode initially appeared online after Google was spotted working on a dark theme specifically for macOS Mojave. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 3, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10

The reports of Google Chrome dark mode initially appeared online after Google was spotted working on a dark theme specifically for macOS Mojave.

The dark themed Google Chrome offers a comfortable browsing experience and it looks like the browser will finally work with Windows 10’s system-wide dark mode.

Yesterday, we reported that Google Chrome is set to get a native dark mode on Windows 10 and today users have discovered a simple trick to enable Google Chrome dark mode on Windows desktops.

Senior Chrome Engineer Peter Kasting has confirmed the ongoing development around native dark mode support. He had also submitted a bug report on Chromium to highlight the fact that Windows 10 supports dark mode and Chrome should respect this behaviour.

The huge amount of feedback from users has apparently convinced Google to start focusing more on native dark mode support for Google Chrome on desktops and the first tidbits have started showing up.

Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10 Google-Chrome-Dark-Mode.jpg

It turns that you can already try out the half-baked dark mode in Google Chrome by downloading the Canary build. Without any further ado, here is a step by step instruction to force Google Chrome dark theme.

Steps to enable Google Chrome dark mode

1. Download and install Google Chrome Canary.
    2. Make sure the shortcut of the Canary version is pinned to the desktop.
    3. Right-click the shortcut and tap on ‘Properties’. Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10 Enable-Chrome-Dark-Mode.jpg
    4. In Target field, add -force-dark-mode after the Chrome Canary location.
    5. Click Apply and OK to save changes.

Google Canary will launch with the highly-anticipated dark mode. However, at the moment, the dark theme implementation appears to be half-baked and there are noticeable glitches which should be addressed before the official launch.

As noted above, Google is also working on a dark theme for other platforms including Windows 7 and older. The search engine giant recently submitted a code change to introduce dark mode support on macOS.

It’s likely that Google will officially bring native dark mode support to Chrome with version 73 and further refinements will be implemented in the coming months.

At the moment, it’s not known whether Chrome will respect Windows 10’s side wide theme settings. In Windows 10, Mozilla Firefox offers a dark theme feature that respects Windows 10’s theme settings and the browser also supports the native share UI.

Microsoft has been trying to bring the dark theme to settings, explorer, Edge browser in Windows 10. The company offers an intrinsic way to turn apps, interface and elements into dark since the year 2016. Google, on the other hand, hasn’t shown its interest in bringing a dark mode for Windows users.

The post Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10 appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 3, 2019
  2. P4-630 Win User

YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10 2001472367.png

"Next time you’re staying up till three in the morning mindlessly watching YouTube videos, why not give your eyes a rest and turn the lights out? As discovered by youTube now has a dark mode built-in : google, YouTube now a secret dark mode that’s easy to activate. Here’s how you do it:

• Make sure you have the most recent version of Google Chrome (that’s version 57 onwards)
    • Open up the developer window by hitting Ctrl + Shift + I on Windows, or Option + Command + I on Mac
    • Select the “console” tab
    • Paste in the following text: document.cookie="VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE=fPQ4jCL6EiE" and hit enter
    • Close the developer window, refresh your browser, and the dark mode toggle is available in the main settings menu in the top right."
    "This feature hasn’t yet been officially announced, but it’s part of a number of changes YouTube is testing for the website’s design."

Here’s how to activate YouTube’s hidden Dark Mode

P4-630, Jan 3, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en#topic=3421642

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Jan 3, 2019
  4. Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10

Google Chrome not working on Windows 10.

Hi Tigerali,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

As suggested in the previous post, I recommend you to first uninstall the google chrome browser from the computer.

After that try to download the google chrome browser software from the google website. Then try to reinstall google chrome browser software in compatible mode where you will install the software in previous version of Windows.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided in the previous post to reinstall the google chrome browser.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with using google chrome browser on Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 3, 2019
Thema:

Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10

1. Here’s how to enable the hidden Google Chrome dark mode on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Here’s enable hidden

2. How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Disable Dark Mode In Google Chrome?!: When I was searching something a notification appeared, it asked me if I wanted to enable Dark Mode. I clicked ok to see how does it look. And now I can't find a way to disable it! Googled how to disable it every source says that choose light theme under default app mode....
  3. Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome

Windows 10 Dark Mode causing glitches/issues in Google Chrome: Hey all, so I tried out the new Dark Mode in Windows 10, didn't like it much. When I tried to switch back to light mode, everything else goes back to normal except for Google Chrome. Certain websites aren't going to light mode and really messing up the content display on the...
  4. How to Enable Dark Mode in Windows 10

How to Enable Dark Mode in Windows 10: Tips for Change Color and Enable Dark Mode in Windows 10 https://youtu.be/zbgg3IXa0dw https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-enable-dark-mode-in-windows-10/a63be8cc-1a18-4d62-88d5-b9a43397b47f
  5. Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft, Google are improving Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10: Windows 10 and Chrome’s dark mode gives your eyes a welcome break when you’re browsing the web at night. While Google Chrome’s dark mode works fine and it also respects Windows 10’s theme preference, it only changes the colour of the top-level UIs of the browser. Google is...
  6. Google Chrome stuck on dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Google Chrome stuck on dark mode: In colors, under personalization in the settings, I chose "Dark" for choose your default app mode and then Google Chrome became black with inverted colors. I switched back to "Light" as websites suggested but it didn't change anything. This only affects Chrome, no effect at...
  7. Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Here’s how you can enable dark mode in Chrome 74 for Windows 10: Google today began rolling out a new update for Chrome that advances the browser to version 74 and finally adds dark mode support on Windows 10, but there’s a catch. As per a Google employee, the company is actually rolling out this new dark mode for Windows 10 in stages and...
  8. Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome 74 to bring dark mode to Windows 10: Google Chrome 74 for Windows will come with a series of improvements, including the highly-anticipated dark mode on Windows 10. With version 73, Google rolled out the dark theme treatment to Chrome on MacOS and it appears that the next release of Google’s browser could...
  9. Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome’s dark mode on Windows 10 is now almost ready: Google has been testing dark mode for its Chrome browser for a while now and the company is now ironing out the remaining glitches. Yesterday, we spotted that Google Chrome Canary now respects Windows 10’s theme setting and today’s update fixes the bugs where menus had weird...
  10. Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows: How to: Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows How to Enable or Disable Incognito Mode in Google Chrome in Windows If you dont want Google Chrome to remember your activity, you can browse the web privately in Incognito mode. However, downloads and...