Windows 10: Here's how to find location of Metro Apps in Win 10

Discus and support Here's how to find location of Metro Apps in Win 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there Some of you might want to put some metro apps as short cuts on the desktop without having to use tiles etc. You can also create LINKS and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by jimbo45, Oct 3, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Here's how to find location of Metro Apps in Win 10

Hi there

Some of you might want to put some metro apps as short cuts on the desktop without having to use tiles etc. You can also create LINKS and save these on a custom toolbar if you want.

1) run the following command : explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder
    2) when the window opens choose from the menu Choose details and click all 3 boxes
    3) now you'll see the list - for example I've penned in the News app - in the 3rd column is a location.

Now say you want to create a short cut - for example I've taken the sports app. I've made a short cut and pinned to the desktop.

your shortcut is c:\Windows\explorer.exe shell:AppsFolder\Micro....... where the data in the section \ is the contents of the 3rd column AppsUserModelid in the file explorer display.

You'll have to create your own icon - create an ICO file using say ICOFX (there's a free version around). (1.6.4 last free version)

Download IcoFX 1.6.4 - FileHippo.com (Note go to the list of previous versions and scroll until you get 1.6.4 - this site has a lot of confusing links so check carefully before download !!!!!!!).

You can incorporate commands in a batch file if you want to run metro apps this way too.

This way you can customise the menu to remove the tiles and point to your short cuts for running metro apps.

To create an ICO file simply copy a PNG via snipping tool and then use ICOFX to create your Icon

(BTW this also works in W8.1 too).

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 3, 2014
  2. RoyEB Win User

How to fix "ms-windows-storeHere's how to find location of Metro Apps in Win 10 :purgecaches app didn't start"

My problem was the MS Store & built-in metro apps in Win 10 1511 would not run – no error just an app name flashed on the monitor. Reinstalling the apps seemed to fix the problem (but I did other things first). Here is the link to the steps I took
    to reinstall the metro apps:

Reinstall apps – 2-22-2016 02:45pm post by J. Stacey

Why won't the App Store open in Windows 10? - Page 3 - Windows Central Forums

I followed all steps listed except I did not “delete all windows 10 metro apps” since I assumed they were already history. After reinstalling the apps, they now work.

Prior to this I did find another issue on forums with OPENCL.DLL that may cause the STORE not to open. Problem reported as file size differences between the OPEN.DLL files at these two locations:

Windows folder /SysWoW

Windows folder /WinSxS - file “wow64_microsoft-windows-r..xwddmdriver-wow64-..……”

When running sfc /scannow I would get and error msg indicating a problem with OPENCL.DLL.

I’m not sure that reinstalling the apps alone fixed my problem. 1) I had run the window Repair Install using a downloaded 1511 ISO file, 2) I ran a sfc /scannow with no errors, 3) I followed the reinstall metro apps steps.

RoyEB, Oct 3, 2014
  3. rudi_GX Win User
    Start menu, search menu, microsoft store, microsoft edge, etc isn't working

because, i wanna know, why this problem happen?? how to prevent this in the future....

i have scan HDD, scan malware, scan virus, all clean.....

so why almost all metro apps in my win 10 not working??

why i cant/fail to register all my metro apps??

why, microsoft support cant help and solve my problem??

why......?? T_T

rudi_GX, Oct 3, 2014
Thema:

Here's how to find location of Metro Apps in Win 10

1. Here's how to find location of Metro Apps in Win 10 - Similar Threads - Here's find location

2. How to find location of file/app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to find location of file/app?: I cant find the option "open file location" or "properties" in my windows 11 when i right click a specific app... is there any other way to find the location of an app or file?...
  3. How to find location of file/app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to find location of file/app?: I cant find the option "open file location" or "properties" in my windows 11 when i right click a specific app... is there any other way to find the location of an app or file?...
  4. Metro Apps not installed

Metro Apps not installed: Hi there, I used to have a problem where metro apps wouldn't open, so I did an in-place upgrade of Windows 10. After the upgrade finished, the metro apps just didn't exist, I couldn't find them via search or settings, and whenever I use the PowerShell commands it just says...
  5. Is there a way to copy a Metro app from Win 10 to Win Server 2016?

Is there a way to copy a Metro app from Win 10 to Win Server 2016?: I'm curious if there's a way to copy this PDF app that I have installed on my Windows 10 machine to Windows Server 2016 Essentials? [img] PS. I need a simple PDF viewer on this Server machine, but I don't want to install Adobe or some other third party Win32 software....
  6. How do you find new metro apps you just installed?

How do you find new metro apps you just installed?: I can't find new apps I install, is there somewhere special I am supposed to look. I even have problems finding some Legacy programs. 2307
  7. Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps

Remove Windows 10 Metro Apps: Hi, Even using :: Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage :: will leave some apps there, I need to decide if I should remove them manually or not, but I don't know what they do and are they vital? So please help me by letting me know what's each one? Cheers....
  8. How do I locate the .exe for Win 10 apps?

How do I locate the .exe for Win 10 apps?: I have an application that allows editing with another app. The old way to find the executable is to right-click on the icon that opens the app, then properties. How do you find the exe in win 10?? 26278
  9. metro onenote on win 10 sucks!

in Microsoft Office and 365
    metro onenote on win 10 sucks!: no more circle menu. how do you change pen thickness? 5328
  10. storage location for modern/metro apps

storage location for modern/metro apps: where is the folder in which they are installed by default? what is the folder called? 9488